Naughty Dog deleted the Crushing Coop 3 stars re-evaluation thread

2 hours ago, The_Apex_Badger said:

As I said, I misunderstood the "ungrateful" comment and it's direction so absolutely no worries. I can see you're obviously putting enough effort into the post that it seems logical you've helped people.

I'm just frustrated about what kind of tactics all of us have to use and the fact that NDs multiplayer division is banking off of players' struggles with these very crippling nerfs and changes without having done a proper re-balance to reflect any time changes. I know it's still attainable to some, but I'm not arguing for the difficulty to go down; I'm asking for the FUN to go up (like most of you).

Anyways, it's strange when Hardcore is easier than doing 3 Star Crushing... I haven't finished a HC run (don't ask why, just unlucky hehe), but it's so much more fun without a time limit. I know there's a way for ND to fix this the question is What will they do?

@JOEYGGDXDREAPER7 : Ignore the skepticism, it's all good. I definitely understand that frustration (a million times over). I know it's a bit selfish, but a little bit of gratitude goes a long way and it does give you a nice little chemical reaction in the brain =] It's unfortunate people are so ungrateful and flippant when it comes to other people's time and effort.

Anyways, I apologize for each and every one of my barbs/insults directed at you, they are generic insults anyways (obviously a little embarrassed now, my comprehension seems stellar). Keep doing what you're doing and don't let those assholes redirect the helping nature.

Lol true that man. I have to agree it is a load of bull shit that we have to go through all this crap now to take down the bosses (yet the times were not altered to accomadate such changes). Sure with a skilled group the times are still definitely manageable, but it is still irritating and closer most times than not to almost being a failed 3 Star if one problem occurs because the bosses either go down fast or that wrench in the system puts you on wild goose chases.

The nerfs are getting lamer and lamer and Survival Mode is becoming less fun and more tedious as the updates continue. And yea, I agree, Hardcore is WAY Easier than 3 Starring any difficulty now lol. And that is both sad and extremely messed up lol.

And dnt worry about man, as long as we are cool and good, water under the bridge. :)

Also, if you are struggling, maybe you can join me and my group on Hardcore if you can hold your own well enough. (Got roughly 6 or 7 players for my Hardcore group). Lol, maybe I can even show you that outlandish blind fire thing I was talking about on the Stage 6 boss if we are wanting to try and kill him quickly rather than play it safe at a distance lol (since there is no rush on Hardcore). And yea, a little bit of gratitude really does go a long way, but there are always going to be those that I guess for what ever reason feel they are entitled to such services lol.

But I still intended on helping people with plenty of games still, but I must admit like on a literal note, going back to Uncharted 2, the Uncharted online community from the large majority of those I have gamed with in it, really sadly has been an unpleasant experience. Maybe I have just had bad luck with the players in the Uncharted community, but by the same token, I have met some awesome players. So got to take the good with the bad I suppose. It just really has been not the greatest online experience when I compare it to all the other online communities I have taken part in. :3

But at any rate, good luck with Hardcore man, and like I said, hit me up sometime. Am hoping in the next week or 2 to be wrapped up with Let It Die and college enough to delve into my UC4 Hardcore runs. And yea, am still down if you are by then Er Campanario :)

1 hour ago, LunchCannon54 said:

The company has gone down the shitter ever since after Jak 3 was finished. Jak X even had a glitch (which happened to me) which corrupted your memory card and autosave glitches which forced you to play with the memory card not inserted. Of course then the Uncharted games came along and thus began their desperate drive to be taken seriously as film makers through a series of by the numbers third person shooters that are acclaimed for whatever reason and the video game Oscar Bait in the form of The Last of Us. Ironically enough they lost the ability to balance story and gameplay which they handled really well in Jak and Daxter and even Crash Bandicoot of all things.

Anyway more to your point it's telling to look at the progressively larger amount of DLC with each game in the series, which perfectly encapsulated the gradual infection of DLC into the modern gaming consciousness. The first game had a couple of language packs (free) to download, 2 had a bunch of DLC trophies for multiplayer and 3 just had an exorbitant amount, and 4 has obviously continued that trend to an even more frightening degree. I think the community just has to at some point push back against all of this DLC and microtransaction nonsense but they won't, and if they try to they tend to be guilted by the gaming press at large as well with buzzwords such as "whiny" and "entitled" and the like. Occasionally you get incredibly egregious examples which do get condemned  but on the whole it gets a general pass, especially with companies such as ND 

Yea, is the sad truth of gaming in some areas today. Maybe one day things will get better, but wow lets hope we never get the EA online pass crap again :3

But on a side note, I kind of liked Jak 3 lol :3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LunchCannon54 said:

The company has gone down the shitter ever since after Jak 3 was finished. Jak X even had a glitch (which happened to me) which corrupted your memory card and autosave glitches which forced you to play with the memory card not inserted. Of course then the Uncharted games came along and thus began their desperate drive to be taken seriously as film makers through a series of by the numbers third person shooters that are acclaimed for whatever reason and the video game Oscar Bait in the form of The Last of Us. Ironically enough they lost the ability to balance story and gameplay which they handled really well in Jak and Daxter and even Crash Bandicoot of all things.

Anyway more to your point it's telling to look at the progressively larger amount of DLC with each game in the series, which perfectly encapsulated the gradual infection of DLC into the modern gaming consciousness. The first game had a couple of language packs (free) to download, 2 had a bunch of DLC trophies for multiplayer and 3 just had an exorbitant amount, and 4 has obviously continued that trend to an even more frightening degree. I think the community just has to at some point push back against all of this DLC and microtransaction nonsense but they won't, and if they try to they tend to be guilted by the gaming press at large as well with buzzwords such as "whiny" and "entitled" and the like. Occasionally you get incredibly egregious examples which do get condemned  but on the whole it gets a general pass, especially with companies such as ND 

Nearly all of this was on point, and I agree with almost everything you said. Just some small things I want to clarify though:

Jak X had that memory glitch, yes. After being made known, there were copies made with the glitch fixed. It would apparantly seem as I have that one since I never experienced the save glitch. As a kid at the time and who played the game alone, I racked up 110hrs in Jak X. The glitch was an issue for people who had it, but the game itself was a masterpiece, having that jack of all trade's like perfection of game design with the amazing graphics, story, gameplay, online, music, animations, etc. 

Crash didnt blend story and gameplay well because it didn't have a story, a real story. It started in the first Jak game (21:08 - 21:52). Ofc though, Crash was good for its gameplay.

The DLC. Uncharted DF didn't have online so that's part of why it didnt suffer from the same trends as U2 and up, as you said. 

Me buying all of their games and putting time into both SP and MP (except Jak X MP), I can verify the things you've said. You'd think by Uncharted 4, ND would be at a point where their company has gradually declined in success, but it literally just gets higher and higher. Admittedly, TLOU went in the right direction after Uncharted. However, it's games like Horizon ZD (and Sucker Punch's inFAMOUS series) that ND should be making.. that is a true game. I really hope ND is keeping their eyes on Guerilla.

2 hours ago, Mar said:

Nearly all of this was on point, and I agree with almost everything you said. Just some small things I want to clarify though:

Jak X had that memory glitch, yes. After being made known, there were copies made with the glitch fixed. It would apparantly seem as I have that one since I never experienced the save glitch. As a kid at the time and who played the game alone, I racked up 110hrs in Jak X. The glitch was an issue for people who had it, but the game itself was a masterpiece, having that jack of all trade's like perfection of game design with the amazing graphics, story, gameplay, online, music, animations, etc. 

Crash didnt blend story and gameplay well because it didn't have a story, a real story. It started in the first Jak game (21:08 - 21:52). Ofc though, Crash was good for its gameplay.

The DLC. Uncharted DF didn't have online so that's part of why it didnt suffer from the same trends as U2 and up, as you said. 

Me buying all of their games and putting time into both SP and MP (except Jak X MP), I can verify the things you've said. You'd think by Uncharted 4, ND would be at a point where their company has gradually declined in success, but it literally just gets higher and higher. Admittedly, TLOU went in the right direction after Uncharted. However, it's games like Horizon ZD (and Sucker Punch's inFAMOUS series) that ND should be making.. that is a true game. I really hope ND is keeping their eyes on Guerilla.

I was actually referring more to Crash 2 which had a pretty good story that didn't intrude upon the gameplay (and was even skippable if you didn't really care for it). Somewhere along the line developers forgot about this and just started integrating the story into gameplay in such an intrusive manner that it makes games very annoying to replay. The PS3 Ratchet and Clank games (and the PS4 one) were especially terrible with this and was one of the main reasons I put of replaying A Crack in Time (an otherwise great game) for so long. Coupled with the writing getting worse (yet their ego about it getting larger) the Ratchet and Clank games post PS2 are a hard sell. A Crack in Time was the highpoint (and coincidentally the last game they actually gave a shit about it running at 60fps). All 4 One...just don't fucking talk about it. 

STOP WITH SLOW WALKING SEGMENTS, DEVELOPERS. LEARN HOW TO PROPERLY DESIGN A GAME AGAIN. 

39 minutes ago, er_campanario said:

All 4 runs on Hardcore Mode done in Uncharted 4. I will only do Hardcore again to improve my time with a very good team.

I will also try to help people to get the 3 stars on Crushing, except for level 8 that is pure hell. That time need seriously a re-escalation. 

What was your time for the runs in Hardcore Mode?

1 hour ago, er_campanario said:

All 4 runs on Hardcore Mode done in Uncharted 4. I will only do Hardcore again to improve my time with a very good team.

I will also try to help people to get the 3 stars on Crushing, except for level 8 that is pure hell. That time need seriously a re-escalation. 

Let's goooo :)

• Like 1

Okay so for people struggling with stage 8, this is how we did it today with 1:30 to spare.

At the very start of the round your entire team will want to go in the water at the back of the ship, don't hang off the edge because it seems to stall the boss. When you can get a decent sight in the water, you and your team want to unload all your pistol ammo into his head while dodging the El Dorado Towers. At half health everyone needs to get out because you won't survive his hand attacks. Everyone should now find or buy a harbinger and unload into his head when you get the chance (indra helps a lot). No need to rush, if you didn't die previously and the boss got lured straight away you should have plenty of time to spare. It took us only 3 tries with this method for success while the previous 2 were very close. 

I hope this helped for those struggling with this stage. :)

Edited by ryankamal1998

2 hours ago, Lorajet said:

What was your time for the runs in Hardcore Mode?

1:47:36

5 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Okay so for people struggling with stage 8, this is how we did it today with 1:30 to spare.

At the very start of the round your entire team will want to go in the water at the back of the ship, don't hang off the edge because it seems to stall the boss. When you can get a decent sight in the water, you and your team want to unload all your pistol ammo into his head while dodging the El Dorado Towers. At half health everyone needs to get out because you won't survive his hand attacks. Everyone should now find or buy a harbinger and unload into his head when you get the chance (indra helps a lot). No need to rush, if you didn't die previously and the boss got lured straight away you should have plenty of time to spare. It took us only 3 tries with this method for success while the previous 2 were very close. 

I don't believe that. When you are on the water you don't have enough speed to dodge the Dorado attacks. You die instantly, you can die even with Asgard Shield.

The boss also teleports when you throw an Indra or Dorado.  This is the worst strategy I have ever seen to fight this boss. The only true word i saw here is "Harbinger"

Unless you have a video, you can't convince me sorry. 

5 minutes ago, er_campanario said:

1:47:36

I don't believe that. When you are on the water you don't have enough speed to dodge the Dorado attacks. You die instantly, you can die even with Asgard Shield.

The boss also teleports when you throw an Indra or Dorado.  This is the worst strategy I have ever seen to fight this boss. The only true word i saw here is "Harbinger"

Unless you have a video, you can't convince me sorry. 

As soon as they spawn you have more than enough time to move to the left or right (depends on spawn) without being killed. You don't die instantly unless you have no brain and sit in the middle of it hoping to disappear. 

The boss stays for about 3 seconds when you throw an Indra which is good time to unload a couple of harbinger shots. And I don't have a video because we attempted stage 10 right after. I'm not going to bullshit our strategy so I don't know why you're being so arrogant. We did this method and it worked great, fair and square.  

2 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

As soon as they spawn you have more than enough time to move to the left or right (depends on spawn) without being killed. You don't die instantly unless you have no brain and sit in the middle of it hoping to disappear. 

The boss stays for about 3 seconds when you throw an Indra which is good time to unload a couple of harbinger shots. And I don't have a video because we attempted stage 10 right after. I'm not going to bullshit our strategy so I don't know why you're being so arrogant. We did this method and it worked great, fair and square.  

There are a lot of trolls on forums. Everytime I am on the water with this boss I am sentenced no matter how far I swim. The Dorado spirits follow me and I am done. Is not like on the ground in where you use the Speedy G 3 and you are safe. You can add me and show me the operation on a lower difficulty if you want. I give you credit.

3 minutes ago, er_campanario said:

There are a lot of trolls on forums. Everytime I am on the water with this boss I am sentenced no matter how far I swim. The Dorado spirits follow me and I am done. Is not like on the ground in where you use the Speedy G 3 and you are safe. You can add me and show me the operation on a lower difficulty if you want. I give you credit.

He'll always shout something before he throws it and then you swim in the opposite direction. Yes, there's a lot of close calls but honestly it didn't feel too bad since he only had two goes to do it. If you tried it after he had half health then yes you have no chance at all. He spawns 3 towers, shoots from his hand and you just basically have no chance. That's why I recommended getting straight out because it's hopeless. I actually got this method from a guy called Rudiiimentalist on playstationtrophies.org.

And yeah I'm fine with trying it with you if you really don't believe me. I only posted this to help people, not troll lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

He'll always shout something before he throws it and then you swim in the opposite direction. Yes, there's a lot of close calls but honestly it didn't feel too bad since he only had two goes to do it. If you tried it after he had half health then yes you have no chance at all. He spawns 3 towers, shoots from his hand and you just basically have no chance. That's why I recommended getting straight out because it's hopeless. I actually got this method from a guy called Rudiiimentalist on playstationtrophies.org.

And yeah I'm fine with trying it with you if you really don't believe me. I only posted this to help people, not troll lol.

If you did this with Rudii, then I believe you. He is one of the best players in the world on survival. 

5 hours ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Is this a post-patch method? Not dissing it or anything, just sounds more like an obscure pre-patch method, than a sure fire Post-patch method. Again, not dissing it, literally just curious lol :3

4 hours ago, er_campanario said:

If you did this with Rudii, then I believe you. He is one of the best players in the world on survival. 

Who is Rudiiimentalist? The name rings no bells to me.

2 hours ago, JOEYGGDXDREAPER7 said:

Is this a post-patch method? Not dissing it or anything, just sounds more like an obscure pre-patch method, than a sure fire Post-patch method. Again, not dissing it, literally just curious lol :3

Who is Rudiiimentalist? The name rings no bells to me.

Yes I did it last night and posted it here about an hour after aha. Staying in the water and unloading into his head until half health is a great way to lower his health in a short time period. Gives you plenty of time to take him out on ground without worrying too much :)

3 hours ago, JOEYGGDXDREAPER7 said:

Last night we completed the stage 10 in which the boss fell on the river lol  "call of luck"

4 hours ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Yes I did it last night and posted it here about an hour after aha. Staying in the water and unloading into his head until half health is a great way to lower his health in a short time period. Gives you plenty of time to take him out on ground without worrying too much :)

Nice! Thats awesome to hear dude :)

3 hours ago, lll said:

Last night we completed the stage 10 in which the boss fell on the river lol  "call of luck"

lol, wow thats funny.

• Like 1