Conker

Online to be shut in September

23 posts in this topic

One good reason why I tend to avoid online trophy heavy games, especially if the servers for a game like Dead Star closes after a few short months of operation.

I'm good with games that require you to try out the online portion, but when a game that wasn't that good to begin with shuts down rather abruptly, that's pitiful.

39 minutes ago, Spaz said:

One good reason why I tend to avoid online trophy heavy games, especially if the servers for a game like Dead Star closes after a few short months of operation.

I'm good with games that require you to try out the online portion, but when a game that wasn't that good to begin with shuts down rather abruptly, that's pitiful.

You think Dead Star was bad, this game didn't even make it 60 days. PIRATES: TREASURE HUNTERS

7 hours ago, charlijaen said:

Did this game get delisted?

I can only find the trial version in PS Store

U can buy the game from trial I think 

The movie was kinda boring and quite predictable/cliché. I'm surprised the game lasted this long

11 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

The movie was kinda boring and quite predictable/cliché.

I'd call it "entertaining for as long as the movie lasts".

Never tried the game,I figured it wouldn't be good.

That's the kind of notice all games should give before shutting down online portions!

Well I'm glad I have the 100% on lock before this occurred. Although the game was pretty bad.

39 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

am I the only one here who never heard of Pirates: Treasure Hunters?

Nope, me neither. I barely know about Dead Star because it was a PS+ game.

Played the demo it was pretty good and the movie was Great in my opinion. I hope they make a sequel with Hugh Jackman after he finishes Logan. Atom is the people's champion and he needs to defend that title.

On 2/15/2017 at 11:33 AM, demonviper666 said:

U can buy the game from trial I think 

I tried that today and it wouldn't work. It's now impossible to get the game if you haven't already bought it.

Well just for fun I am going to post Supergreatfriend's oddly popular video of Real Steal. This video has over a million views while his other videos range from 6-30, 000...no one knows why (not even him).

Anyways you should check out the rest of his stuff though as he does some really amazing Let's Plays

Oddly enough on the EU (Or at least the Irish) store the unlock appears to still be there but I can't see the trial version available which the description states is required.

On 2/19/2017 at 2:10 AM, Jon-Patrick-S said:

Oddly enough on the EU (Or at least the Irish) store the unlock appears to still be there but I can't see the trial version available which the description states is required.

It actually re-appeared and made the trial version disappear.

On 15.2.2017 at 6:30 AM, Jare said:

Come September 2nd the online will close making the 100% no longer possible https://www.(URL not allowed)/n10714/real-steel-to-be-discontinued-this-september

I clicked the link and it says:

" Update

It turns out I had read the dates wrong. The game's services will not be being discontinued on September 2nd, 2017. Instead, the title had actually been delisted on February 9th. "

Does that mean the trophies are still obtainable?

Someone asked for boosting on February 2018 on another site, so the game should still be playable online.

4 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Someone asked for boosting on February 2018 on another site, so the game should still be playable online.

Thanks

Just an update for Real Steel online status: the servers are up and operational, at this time.  Just make sure both boosting players have the same dlc package installed (‘catalogs’), or the game will not pair the participants together.  My boosting partner and I both had to delete the game and reinstall with only the demo and full game unlock key.

A ‘thank you’ to MrMaximusHTO for his help on this matter.

i played this game recently and the online surprisingly still works in 2021