Can't catch tiny power up (Badland GOTY - Day I; Noon; Sticky Bounce)

Zenodin

Hi everyone ... I've got a problem ... Well, most of us have at least one problem or more. Me too, ... so I'll go a bit more into detail considering this problem. 

While going for the 100% (and being ranked in the top 3 on the PSNP leaderboard together with @xD3fianTxSouLx), we encountered something quite ... 'disturbing'.

Badland GOTY - Co-op mode

Day I - Noon - lvl 4: Sticky Bounce

One of the missions you need to complete in this level is to collect all power ups. 1 tiny power up is to be found between some sawblades. I, and especially @xD3fianTxSouLx, tried about everything we can think of to try and catch it ... but it seems impossible. The sawblades prevent us from catching the power up ... and just fling us away. 

I searched and searched on YT and found 2 vids where there's a notable difference in space between the 2 sawblades. 

In Badland (original) there seems to be much more space between the sawblades so you can get the power up without too much trouble. In the other vid, they're playing Badland GOTY on XB1. The distance between the sawblades there is the same as it is with us ... (quite) impossible to get the power up.

Is there anyone that could help us? Tips, hints, ... or even THE solution ... ? Has anyone won the 'egg' for collecting all power ups?

Or should I contact the developer/publisher Frogmind?

Badland: start at 7m03s

Badland GOTY: start at 12m13s

5 hours ago, zajac9999 said:

Does this make the plat impossible?

Atm, unfortunately yes ... There seems to be no way to catch the power up. No power up - no mission complete. No mission complete - no trophy. No trophy - no plat. 

Yesterday I took a peek at the forum on the official site for the Badland game (why didn't I do this earlier) ... and there are talks about the same problem (and other problems) for the mobile version. Frogmind patched these a while ago ... both on iOS and Android. 

@xD3fianTxSouLx and I just recently contacted Frogmind and I hope we get a reply soon. 

2 hours ago, reckscollie said:

Try asking @dwproject 

Ok ... @dwproject ... Do you know something we don't ... ? Are you an insider ... ? ? Any help is welcome. Thx!

19 hours ago, Zenodin said:

Atm, unfortunately yes ... There seems to be no way to catch the power up. No power up - no mission complete. No mission complete - no trophy. No trophy - no plat. 

Yesterday I took a peek at the forum on the official site for the Badland game (why didn't I do this earlier) ... and there are talks about the same problem (and other problems) for the mobile version. Frogmind patched these a while ago ... both on iOS and Android. 

@xD3fianTxSouLx and I just recently contacted Frogmind and I hope we get a reply soon. 

Ok ... @dwproject ... Do you know something we don't ... ? Are you an insider ... ? ? Any help is welcome. Thx!

I will have a look tomorrow if i somehow managed to complete this mission. I think i did almost all of the DAY I coop missions except 1 or 2. I will tell you guys if i have the same problem. I took a short break from this game so i can't remember.

BTW no im not an insider ;) Just a casual player :D

1 hour ago, dwproject said:

I will have a look tomorrow if i somehow managed to complete this mission. I think i did almost all of the DAY I coop missions except 1 or 2. I will tell you guys if i have the same problem. I took a short break from this game so i can't remember.

BTW no im not an insider ;) Just a casual player :D

Lol ... Ok. Thx, @dwproject. Looking forward to your findings. 

Hi @Milanzzo ... How are you?

It is indeed identical for all three versions. ? One thing I did notice while trying the level out on all platforms is that on PS3 I had more 'luck' of getting a clone in between the sawblades to get the tiny power up without taking the enlarge power up beforehand. My clone was normal sised. Stressing the fact that it was pure luck and not skill in any way. 

Nevertheless it makes it possible to get all power ups, although one would have to fling the enlarge power up into the sawblades so it gets thrown past the tiny power up. Catch the tiny power up and then the enlarge power up afterwards. A method @xD3fianTxSouLx was already working on ...

lol ... What are the chances of this working ... ? I suggest one might start playing the lottery. You'ld probably win that first instead of this 'flinging around' working in your favor. 

@dwproject, ... you have news for us? Thx. 

2 hours ago, Zenodin said:

Hi @Milanzzo ... How are you?

It is indeed identical for all three versions. ? One thing I did notice while trying the level out on all platforms is that on PS3 I had more 'luck' of getting a clone in between the sawblades to get the tiny power up without taking the enlarge power up beforehand. My clone was normal sised. Stressing the fact that it was pure luck and not skill in any way. 

Nevertheless it makes it possible to get all power ups, although one would have to fling the enlarge power up into the sawblades so it gets thrown past the tiny power up. Catch the tiny power up and then the enlarge power up afterwards. A method @xD3fianTxSouLx was already working on ...

lol ... What are the chances of this working ... ? I suggest one might start playing the lottery. You'ld probably win that first instead of this 'flinging around' working in your favor. 

@dwproject, ... you have news for us? Thx. 

Sorry, not yet. I forgot about it today. I hope to find some time tomorrow to check this mission. I'll let you know then, i promise :)

• 3 months later...
On 6/17/2017 at 11:37 PM, fastflowdaman said:

How could i forget about it? :( I also didn't complete the mission on PS3, but i didn't try on the Vita (but i guess its the same). Wasn't there a patch announcement few weeks ago?

9 minutes ago, dwproject said:

How could i forget about it? :( I also didn't complete the mission on PS3, but i didn't try on the Vita (but i guess its the same). Wasn't there a patch announcement few weeks ago?

np :D just thought I'd remind you cause I'm interested as well. Patch - idk about an announcement

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...