Project Cars 2 to support 12k resolution!

TigressLion

I have never played any Project Car games but I thought 12k was enough to talk about. Granted it requires 3 4k monitors as it states 

12K resolution will also be a feature if you're plush enough to have three 4K monitors that you can string together.

Anyone gonna utilise this feature?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-09-project-cars-2-officially-breaks-cover-will-support-12k-and-vr

So it supports 4K resolution an three monitors for a resolution of 11520 x 2160. Not really 12K (11520 x 6480) and not the first racing game to support multiple monitors on PC, but it helps with the marketing I guess.

Don't really care about the game, nor have a computer that will be able to run it at it's lowest setting, but cool for people who own the necessary hardware. Should be amazing with a proper wheel and racing seat! :D

3 minutes ago, soniq said:

So it supports 4K resolution an three monitors for a resolution of 11520 x 2160. Not really 12K (11520 x 6480) and not the first racing game to support multiple monitors on PC, but it helps with the marketing I guess.

Don't really care about the game, nor have a computer that will be able to run it at it's lowest setting, but cool for people who own the necessary hardware. Should be amazing with a proper wheel and racing seat! :D

The right accessories would be amazing, it also supports VR. I say skip the monitor and hook you PC up to 3 50 inch 4k TV's

1 minute ago, soniq said:

When they started with the whole 4K is now measured ONLY horizontally I said the same thing. It's not really 4K (it's 3.84K), but since everyone bought into that, anyone that refers to 3.84K as 4K, will now buy into 11.52K is 12K. Everyone is getting ripped off on their K's and no one is angry about it except soniq! #triggered

6 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

Absolutely correct. 4x4K = 8K. So in no way 3x4K is anything like 12K.

There's 4K, then there's 4K UHD. 4K is supposed to be 4 thousand (ish) lines of resolution. 4K UHD is 3840 × 2160, because that accounts for the vertical resolution. 8K UHD is 4x4K UHD, but 8K again just refers to 8 thousand (ish) lines of resolution.

In the case of Project Cars 2, they are in fact referring to 12 thousand (ish) lines of resolution. It's not 12K UHD, but how the heck else should they refer to 12 thousand lines of resolution?

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

There's 4K, then there's 4K UHD. 4K is supposed to be 4 thousand (ish) lines of resolution. 4K UHD is 3840 × 2160, because that accounts for the vertical resolution. 8K UHD is 4x4K UHD, but 8K again just refers to 8 thousand (ish) lines of resolution.

In the case of Project Cars 2, they are in fact referring to 12 thousand (ish) lines of resolution. It's not 12K UHD, but how the heck else should they refer to 12 thousand lines of resolution?

I've seen tech sites name it as Triple 4K (11,520x2160). Native 8K is 7680x4320, Cinema 4K is 4096x[unspecified] and 4K UHD is 3840x2160.

49 minutes ago, TigressLion said:

I'll support 12k when they release 12k weeb games. Could you imagine a 12k reso loli? *12k nosebleed*

29 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Uuuum...

Either OMGYESPLZ or 12K too real for loli :awesome:

Imagine all those wrinkles in 12K on those 1,200 year old lolis. That might really ruin things for you two.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...