Present / Past Glitch ?

Im currently on my first playthrough of this game and Im using a guide from gamefaqs to get all the collectibles. Said Guide also features chapter names and current objectives. Im at an early point in the game and my objectivereferring to the guide  is  "chase the girl in black (past)" and my position on the map is "main hall (past)".

The thing is that Im playing the german version of the game and if I press select to see my position and current objective, it says "Verfolge die Frau in schwarz (Gegenwart)" and  "Haupthalle (Gegenwart)". The problem is that "Gegenwart" means "present" and not "past". Somehow these two are switched for me, if I press select. The Strange thing is that the savegame in the mainmenu, which also shows the current position, says "past (Vergangenheit in german) " like it is supposed to be. 

So I tested something: I switched the system language of my ps3 to english and started the game. The savegame said "past" just like in the german version and the guide. But when I loaded the game and pressed select, it said "past" (which is how its supposed to be) on the objective and the location too, although it says "present" ( which is NOT how its supposed to be ) on the exact same save file, if I start the game in german language.

So, am I screwed in some way, or is there just a glitch in the german translation, which switches past and present? 

PS: I could follow the guide and collect the first health upgrade and all artworks to this point without any problems, if that matters.

Well, I did some more research and found a detailed walkthrough in german language, which also features current objectives. This walkthrough also says "Chase the girl in black  Present" instead of "past". So I guess that the german translation of this game is generally buggy, when it comes to present / past state. I will continue playing and update this, if I should end up whith some game breaking glitches resulting  from this.

Not really sure what to say. Did a bit of research and nothing came up. However found this video clip of a guy playing the game in German.

If you watch the clip, he saves after the scene with the black lady at 3:09, so this is the save in the past for chasing the black lady. As he goes further on in the level, he comes to another save point and as he is overriding his last save point, we can see that the game is showing the save as vergangenheit. So, i think your saves are fine as you said and that it is just another glitch in the objective screen, especially since in english they are fine. Also, his select screen has the same issue as you do so you should be fine. All the best.

Edited by LikelyAtol77563
Extra information added
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LikelyAtol77563 said:

Not really sure what to say. Did a bit of research and nothing came up. However found this video clip of a guy playing the game in German.

If you watch the clip, he saves after the scene with the black lady at 3:09, so this is the save in the past for chasing the black lady. As he goes further on in the level, he comes to another save point and as he is overriding his last save point, we can see that the game is showing the save as vergangenheit. So, i think your saves are fine as you said and that it is just another glitch in the objective screen, especially since in english they are fine. Also, his select screen has the same issue as you do so you should be fine. All the best.

Thanks for the information about the guy in the video having the same issue :) I was a little worried about this, since there are many posts about bad glitches in this game, especially when it comes to past / present switches, where the game wont trigger a cutscene if you are at a place in the wrong time or backtracked with a time gate.