GilgameshReborn

No Platinums For Three Months.

18 posts in this topic

So, if you were planning to be the first to get this platinum, or try to grind your heart out for a platinum for this game a couple of weeks from now, it's not going to happen. Why, you may ask? Well, two trophies in particular: For Honor!, which is achieved for playing through a season (not from start to finish, just playing during it) and checking the results afterwards, and A Reservist, which has you manually placing troops once in 5 different rounds. You may ask why again. A season round lasts for 2 weeks. A season lasts for ten. You would have to at least jump on and play every two weeks for A Reservist, which is frankly ridiculous. So consider this a PSA for the uninformed: Have fun grinding out the kills for the first two weeks then booting it up 4 more times to play one match. 

Edit: And I forgot the Active Duty trophy, which has you manually placing troops for 50 different turns. From my experience, there are 3 turns in a day. Just throwing that one out there to. Good luck.

Edited by GilgameshReborn

Can you just adjust your clock forwarded to get it?

16 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I mean, the game is all online (Or, at the very least, that mode is), so I don't that'll work

21 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Highly doubt it. It seems like Seasons are server based and Ubisoft sets the end and start dates. 

April 25th is the end of the 10 week season

Edited by chrissay2k8
Typo

20 hours ago, GilgameshReborn said:

So, if you were planning to be the first to get this platinum, or try to grind your heart out for a platinum for this game a couple of weeks from now, it's not going to happen. Why, you may ask? Well, two trophies in particular: For Honor!, which is achieved for playing through a season (not from start to finish, just playing during it) and checking the results afterwards, and A Reservist, which has you manually placing troops once in 5 different rounds. You may ask why again. A season round lasts for 2 weeks. A season lasts for ten. You would have to at least jump on and play every two weeks for A Reservist, which is frankly ridiculous. So consider this a PSA for the uninformed: Have fun grinding out the kills for the first two weeks then booting it up 4 more times to play one match. 

Edit: And I forgot the Active Duty trophy, which has you manually placing troops for 50 different turns. From my experience, there are 3 turns in a day. Just throwing that one out there to. Good luck.

Turns are every 6 hours, so there are 4 turns each day.

52 minutes ago, killtubecameron said:

Whoever thought that those trophies would be a good idea is a dick

Black Ops 2 had a similar trophy. Look how that turned out :(

1 hour ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Black Ops 2 had a similar trophy. Look how that turned out :(

Big Leagues could be completed in 1 day. Not really similar at all. You could be placed in a league that same day too

14 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Big Leagues could be completed in 1 day. Not really similar at all. You could be placed in a league that same day too

Similar in that if this is some 'event'-type deal, and the devs move on to a newer title, the events stop happening. If they stop doing the seasons, then the plat would be impossible for new people. 

4 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Similar in that if this is some 'event'-type deal, and the devs move on to a newer title, the events stop happening. If they stop doing the seasons, then the plat would be impossible for new people. 

Since this is an ubisoft title, it's more than likely going to happen

I'm not so sure about that. Isn't brotherhood still going online? That was 2010 wasn't it?

On 19.2.2017 at 8:31 PM, Hourisathand said:

I'm not so sure about that. Isn't brotherhood still going online? That was 2010 wasn't it?

There is a difference between server status and events ;) 

15 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

There is a difference between server status and events ;) 

Ubi is still better at events. I would defo go for this now if I had the game,, just to be safe. They still have the weekly challenges up for Splinter Cell Blacklist and that's a good 3-4 years or so old now.

This reminds me of Lost Planet 2 faction matches where faction of your chosing had to win at the end of the week and platinum required 15 of those wins. Which meant you had to play at least 1 MP match per week for 15 weeks.

At least they aren't super hard trophies, they can be done easily enough just by playing. They're just very tedious.

Well... the problem is we have some trophies glitched (Active Duty) for example... I'm just crossing my fingers A Reservist won't glitch on me either... but we should wait another 14 days... :S

May 16th if Ubisoft facebook is right... hopefully it works.

According to a couple of xbox people I was talking to A Reservist procs on the 6th round an asset is laid and the off season did not count.

Edited by Glacier_Silver
new info