Lost Archive is so painful

Kallume

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I like it as a continuation of those main game first-person segments, wasn't all that into those either though. But it's a collection, gotta have everything :) and it's only really annoying if you're trying to go for 100% anyway :D

On PS4 they are needed for the plat. Should have been a normal 3rd person dlc just like the entirety of the assassins creed main series. I remember one trophy being a serious pain and am not looking forward to retrying this for a second plat. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, serialkilla1987 said:

On PS4 they are needed for the plat. Should have been a normal 3rd person dlc just like the entirety of the assassins creed main series. I remember one trophy being a serious pain and am not looking forward to retrying this for a second plat. 

That's what I said, it's only annoying if you're trying to go for 100%, because of the longest 'no death' trophy.

It "should" not have been anything. The rest of the series is third person but Revelation itself had some first person segments and this DLC is a continuation of those segments. The problem of not being third person lies in the main game, not just in this DLC.

• Like 1

To be honest I didn't find the trophies for The Lost Archive that difficult, it's more that the DLC is super boring which made me lazy and try to rush through making silly mistakes. The only reason they made the DLC required for the plat this time is to compensate for the multiplayer trophies that were removed. Though of course they should've just upped the values of the remaining trophies and left it as DLC but this way was probably less effort for them... 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

That's what I said, it's only annoying if you're trying to go for 100%, because of the longest 'no death' trophy.

It "should" not have been anything. The rest of the series is third person but Revelation itself had some first person segments and this DLC is a continuation of those segments. The problem of not being third person lies in the main game, not just in this DLC.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as you have stated yours, I have stated mine. When you say going for the 100% instead of plat I took that as referring to the PS3 list in which this trophy was dlc and therefore not needed for the plat but needed for the 100%. All 1st person segments in this game were pure rubbish. Ubisoft even realized it considering AC3 and black flag did not contain any. Assassins creed has been and always will be third person, trying to change that is fine when it works. However in this instant it did not work at all.

20 hours ago, dell9300 said:

To be honest I didn't find the trophies for The Lost Archive that difficult, it's more that the DLC is super boring which made me lazy and try to rush through making silly mistakes. The only reason they made the DLC required for the plat this time is to compensate for the multiplayer trophies that were removed. Though of course they should've just upped the values of the remaining trophies and left it as DLC but this way was probably less effort for them... 

I agree completely with everything stated here. It was lazily thrown together and what you get in return is a heaping mess. I have the 100% on PS3 and will get it on PS4 but this dlc will make me want to pull my hair out. (What's left of it ?)

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Spaz said:

I'm two and and half hours of attempts for the Warren Vidic trophy and I still haven't got it.

Fuck you Ubisoft.

That sounds like me on the ps3 attempting for the first time... I don't think anything has stressed me out like that trophy. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2017 at 11:55 PM, serialkilla1987 said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as you have stated yours, I have stated mine. When you say going for the 100% instead of plat I took that as referring to the PS3 list in which this trophy was dlc and therefore not needed for the plat but needed for the 100%. All 1st person segments in this game were pure rubbish. Ubisoft even realized it considering AC3 and black flag did not contain any. Assassins creed has been and always will be third person, trying to change that is fine when it works. However in this instant it did not work at all.

This type of gameplay wasn't included in future games because there was little room for introspection with the main present day characters from AC3 onwards. AC3's present day story had a ticking clock narrative, so there was little time to develop characters, besides barely rebuilding the relationship between Desmond and his dad. And pointless bickering over the philosophy of the American Revolution. (Hated that bit...) And from Black Flag onwards, your avatar in the present day has no personality whatsoever. He just watches stuff that happens.No need to develop a character or any of that nonsense. Who needs it? (No, I'm not bitter at all.) But you can see those segments as a natural growth of the Lost Archive. They're in first person. And if you actually explore, there's lots of exposition dumps via audio, emails, and sticky notes. So thank the Lost Archive for allowing Ubisoft to see what works and what doesn't.

Though I will agree that Warren Vidik is one of the most needlessly difficult trophies in the series. Literally spend an entire day on that trophy alone. I think it was more pure luck that I got it at all.

• 4 months later...

I just now finished the two no die trophies. I actually completed the warren vidic trophy on my third try but the river styx one I spent a good hour on. I almost threw my controller at one point and rage quit. But I was like "Nope, not giving these fuckers the satisfaction, it's mine." and then got it literally the next try. It is kind of a snooze fest though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I still need to do it for the plat, gave it a go first time I way doing a playthrough and I ragequit. Doesn't help I get motion sickness in some first person games and doing this part made me feel sick..

Not keen on attempting it again.. the things we do for platinums..

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Been trying the "Warren Vidic' trophy for 2 hours now and always dying at the very end segment... I'm  retired from this trophy for a few days or I will end up chucking my controller at my TV ???, in all seriousness though this trophy is complete bullshit.

EDIT: I've finally done it! It only took me like 100 attempts at doing it and I got past it (which I got lucky at the end bit), the Styx one took me 3 attempts as you didn't really have to wait around that you can keep moving without hardly stopping and waiting...

Edited by ZachBoardyHD
Edit
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Some advice for the vidic trophy. You can glitch yourself out of the level fairly easy and just walk over to the final room and standing by it's left side will make it pop. Go to the window at the start of the level on the left side that is next to the particle field that pushes your blocks up. Stuff yourself in the windows corner (the one farther from the field) and spawn wedges and ride them up and get stuck at the top. Keep holding forward while stuck and you should be moving backwards constantly little by little til you pop out the window. Then just block your way over to the last room. Looking up its the left most one.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2018 at 10:00 PM, ZachBoardyHD said:

Been trying the "Warren Vidic' trophy for 2 hours now and always dying at the very end segment... I'm  retired from this trophy for a few days or I will end up chucking my controller at my TV 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png, in all seriousness though this trophy is complete bullshit.

EDIT: I've finally done it! It only took me like 100 attempts at doing it and I got past it (which I got lucky at the end bit), the Styx one took me 3 attempts as you didn't really have to wait around that you can keep moving without hardly stopping and waiting...

Only took me one attempt using the glitch. ?????

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Yes that DLC was the worst I’ve ever played, I platinumed ACR on PS3 years ago.. I wish I never had to deal with the lost sequences. 
So boring.. didn’t care to listen.. still don’t care about subject 16.. 

Im glad I’ve finished all three in the trilogy and deleted from my PlayStation.

- AC2 fun game to plat. Nothing crazy 

- Brotherhood was a pain in the ass with collectables and 100% sync (but still enjoyed it)

- Revelations was kind of mind numbing.. just didn’t care about ezio or his visions with altaïr or the story to be honest.. 

Excited for amazon to drop of ACIII Remastered though! 

Absolutely loved that one.

Edited by RandyXL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...