Lost Archive is so painful

Kallume

How did they get away with this as a DLC? I never played it on the PS3 version. I've done all the base game trophies and saved this until last expecting something along the lines of the Davinci disapearence I'm super disappointed. It's so dull, not sure why they thought to bring it to the remaster. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The DLC is cool. In my case, in game since I played Ezio Collection. Is a weird perspective and gives a lot of info about the story. Regarding the hard trophies, I did the platinum yesterday and the glitches are still working. They did not update the game in a long time and honestly you can save a lot of time since the flawless Sequence 4 and 7 are hard. Specially 4. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Having just completed it, I’d say that it’s not as painfully dull as the Desmond missions in the main game, but still the first person perspective, terrible jumping mechanics, and overall experience are sub-par in my opinion. The glitch on Memory 4 and shortcut on Memory 7 make things much easier. The collectibles weren’t that hard to find and I only needed a video for 4 of 20 so that’s not bad. Still, I’m glad to be done with it, I don’t like the Desmond / Animus / Subject 16 stuff. I play Assassin’s Creed to play as Ezio, Conner, or Bayek, not to occasionally unplug from the matrix and wander around playing dodge the laser while the game throws exposition at me. I’m glad the later games got rid of that nonsense.

I really liked the Ezio Collection overall. Never played the games on PS3 so really liked being able to experience the trilogy on PS4.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Genuinly one of, if not the worst forms of DLC I've ever played. Rarely you see a developer go "hey, you knwo the most interesting part of our game? Let's throw that all out, make something very boring and tedious, and make it super clunky an difficult to navigate." and then double down by releasing 7 more levels of the same garbage. When replaying Revelations, I wondered why I disliked it when it first released, but replaying these Desmond/Lost Archive levels brought those awful memories back. Genuinly ruins what should be a fun AC experience.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheNarrator-23 said:

Genuinly one of, if not the worst forms of DLC I've ever played. Rarely you see a developer go "hey, you knwo the most interesting part of our game? Let's throw that all out, make something very boring and tedious, and make it super clunky an difficult to navigate." and then double down by releasing 7 more levels of the same garbage. When replaying Revelations, I wondered why I disliked it when it first released, but replaying these Desmond/Lost Archive levels brought those awful memories back. Genuinly ruins what should be a fun AC experience.

It was hands down the worst trophy in all of Assassin's Creed. So frustrating. One of my proudest gaming achievements was getting Impress Warren Vidic on both PS3 and PS4 without the glitch.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9-11-2021 at 10:22 PM, Khaos004 said:

It was hands down the worst trophy in all of Assassin's Creed. So frustrating. One of my proudest gaming achievements was getting Impress Warren Vidic on both PS3 and PS4 without the glitch.

I tried it, but I simply couldn't be bothered. I nearly lost my mind crossing thr river Styx, even with the shortcut. So glad I'm done with it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm making my way through the story of Revelations slowly but surely and from what I've been reading I'm not looking forward to starting The Lost Archives. ?
Maybe I'll be better at it than I think, yet if it's anything like Desmond's Sequences then I'm not going to be the greatest. One way to find out soon enough, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the Impress Warren Vidic trophy. It took a few tries because I'm a clumsy idiot, but it honestly wasn't too bad. Hopefully the other 'flawless run' trophy won't be worse.

Yeah, the Styx was a lot easier, especially with the nice shortcut from the trophy guide that lets you skip the lasers before getting to the important part. Was basically a first try kind of thing.

Anyway, done with the Lost Archive stuff! Now I can actually get into the main game, which is what I came for. To be clear I do like this kind of first person puzzler thing, but it is very out of place within the context of Assassin's Creed.

Edited by Umdytr

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't say The Lost Archive DLC was painful as it does give background of Clay, expand on the lore and even mentions about Lucy in it. I didn't mind the first person Desmond Sequences, as part of the base game as they were just get from point A to point B.

The 'Impress Warren Vidic' and 'Cross Styx without dying' trophies weren't that challenging for me as once you get a feel for it, it was fine. Using the shortcut prior to crossing the Styx made things easier and quicker. For 'Impress Warren Vidic', i'll admit there'd be small sections that threw me, but with a quick glance at a available guide on YouTube, you knew how to easily tackle the sequence.

Saying all that, if you asked me did we then need more first person puzzles in the form of DLC, then my answer would be no. In my opinion it takes away the fun AC experience and I feel it was unnecessary. It was interesting to learn about Clay but it wasn't an exciting DLC and did bore me a little. Like how did we go from the cool 'Da Vinci Disappearance' in AC Brotherhood, to this first person DLC in AC Revelations is beyond me.😞 

Edited by SirHandy
Correction in grammar

• 2 months later...