Elite items

DrakeHellsing

Just a question, what do these items look like? Are they yellow? Purple? Orange in colour? Or do they have the word "elite" in them somewhere? And if that is the case, are they able to be dropped or not?  Just want to know what I'm looking for when it comes to these items so I can distinguish them from the rest.

4 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Just a question, what do these items look like? Are they yellow? Purple? Orange in colour? Or do they have the word "elite" in them somewhere? And if that is the case, are they able to be dropped or not?  Just want to know what I'm looking for when it comes to these items so I can distinguish them from the rest.

Elite items are purple.

4 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, awesome.  I have some yellow items myself, but at least I'll now know and distinguish the elite items from the other items.  Which I assume it needs to be one of each, including a talisman right?

Yep. Since it is the Deathinitive Edition, you get some Elite gear through the story quests because some of the DLC is unlocked like that instead of being just given to you. Another good way is to gather 8 Boatman Coins and save 10,000 Souls for Ornate Box at Vulgrim. Guaranteed Elite item.

Just now, skateak said:

Yep. Since it is the Deathinitive Edition, you get some Elite gear through the story quests because some of the DLC is unlocked like that instead of being just given to you. Another good way is to gather 8 Boatman Coins and save 10,000 Souls for Ornate Box at Vulgrim. Guaranteed Elite item.

Ah, that's good to hear that I'll be getting elite stuff via the story, hopefully enough to get the trophy... but hey, I shall find found while going through the story for sure :D

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, that's good to hear that I'll be getting elite stuff via the story, hopefully enough to get the trophy... but hey, I shall find found while going through the story for sure :D

I don't remember having any problem getting all the gear but I did buy quite a few boxes.

• 6 months later...
On 17/02/2017 at 2:55 AM, Kallume said:

Hunting for the best gear or the trophy? If the latter, you could always use the sell-glitch on Vulgrim... Allows Elite gear for no cost (well, you go into negative boatman coins). 

Started playing this game a couple hours in only. How do you use this glitch? Also what's the earliest you get the health steal weapons? 

14 hours ago, El_Shubi said:

Started playing this game a couple hours in only. How do you use this glitch? Also what's the earliest you get the health steal weapons? 

You buy an item and quickly swap to your sell menu. This will buy the item even without there needed currency. You'll know it worked when you're on your sell screen but it asks if you're sure you want to buy that item. I swear we had a guide for DS2 on this site that contained the trick...

• Like 1

On 11/09/2017 at 4:34 PM, Kallume said:

You buy an item and quickly swap to your sell menu. This will buy the item even without there needed currency. You'll know it worked when you're on your sell screen but it asks if you're sure you want to buy that item. I swear we had a guide for DS2 on this site that contained the trick...

Thanks will definitely try it and get some items. Does it work with all vendors? 

Just found possessed scythes in the lost temple then bought that lendary artifact to level it up and boom health steal at level 8 lol only 6% but this will help for a while