Horizon: Zero Dawn Trophy List

Ghost

8 hours ago, Mar said:

Damn, im disappointed. One for the trophy names not being leaked, I need that info soon. Second, the Platinum doesn't look difficult enough to obtain, especially for an Action RPG and Guerilla game. Third, 1 GOLD trophy... ONE. A game especially like this you'd think would have at least 3 gold trophies, naturally (action rpg, "combat focused/heavy", difficult game). One is truly unacceptable, period. Should be a standard to have a gold trophy (in an open world game) when you you complete all side missions and beat storyline, at least. If collectibles are in heavy quantities then another gold for collecting all those as well.

There should then be a trophy for having obtained all weapons (especially so gamers are aware of what Horizon has to offer fully in the weapons inventory department) and maxed out your skill tree, more contenders for gold, especially the latter one. How is their not a skill tree trophy, at all?? "Learned all skills" (should be that trophy).

Furthermore. Reaching Max Level AND Mastering all skills are Bronzes, not even Silver. Overall, this list is incredibly disappointing, only pros being the platinum's existence and the capacity of trophies (unlike Until Dawn, The Order, Killzone Shadow Fall). Everything else is poorly handled, with the exception of trophy images and names as we haven't seen them yet. Let's see how that goes.

There is no consistency. Period.

After that hard work getting all the Blast Shards in inFamous 1, oh look a bronze trophy. Do 15 different moves in one combo in Batman, Arkham Knight? Bronze trophy.

Then you have Orc Slayer and My Name is Mayo which both hand out gold trophies like free candy for small children.

Some games have 10 - 11 gold trophies, other games give out a bunch of bronze, a few silver trophies if you're lucky, and only one gold. 

So yeah. Nothing more I need to say here.

8 hours ago, Jyn Erso said:

Seems alright, but the trial trophies could be a pain. Making this my 50th platinum though, and have been anticipating this for a long while.

About time I say. This will be your first platinum in three months I reckon?

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

After that hard work getting all the Blast Shards in inFamous 1, oh look a bronze trophy. Do 15 different moves in one combo in Batman, Arkham Knight? Bronze trophy.

Then you have Orc Slayer and My Name is Mayo which both hand out gold trophies like free candy for small children.

Some games have 10 - 11 gold trophies, other games give out a bunch of bronze, a few silver trophies if you're lucky, and only one gold. 

Actually there is consistency, every game with a platinum has a point limit of 1230 (or somewhere around that, maybe I got the exact number wrong), and every game without a plat is 210 points I think.

How the devs wish to distribute those points is up to them (although I saw someone mention every plat needs at least 1 gold trophy?) but the point cap stays the same every time.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Yes sir. Technically, I've got 4 games to pop their platinum, but been holding off for my 50th platinum milestone. :)

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

Actually there is consistency, every game with a platinum has a point limit of 1230 (or somewhere around that, maybe I got the exact number wrong), and every game without a plat is 210 points I think.

How the devs wish to distribute those points is up to them (although I saw someone mention every plat needs at least 1 gold trophy?) but the point cap stays the same every time.

Definitely true, but the work you have to do for some trophies versus others is all over the place.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Not a bad list at all then, a trophy for scaling a Tallneck, which I assume is one of those giant dinosaur like monsters from the gameplay and pictures.  All in all, would not mind trying to platinum this game at all :D

Scaling a tallneck is essentially the "climb tower to unlock part of the map" you see in 90% of open world games these days :)

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Just because some other games have distributed the types of trophies illogically, doesnt make it ok or acceptable. Im not going to get into it here, but its not debatable that the type of trophies tied to the task are poorly handed. There's still a basis for these trophies regardless of anything.

Bronze is easy and can be gotten pretty quickly most of the time, even if tied to a series of repetitve task.

Silver represents progression when you reach a halfway point of some kind, or when you accomplish some kind of secondary hard task that still does not surpass the hardest of things.

Gold represents the supreme hardest of things, takes the longest to do. It's essentially the mastery of something.

So the fact that some trophies like getting to max level and maxing out your skill tree arent even silvers is illogical, poor execution, and nonsensical. Level 50 is the cap of difficulty for the leveling up group system, it's suppose to be silver or gold at least because it's the last. Lv40 and below are weaker so it makes sense to be bronze, the ultimate and last level being represented by a bronze doesn't make logical sense.

And again, the present fact that a (1) difficult genre game with (2) 50+ trophies only has 1 gold makes no sense. With your argument, youre essentially saying the list would also be fine if it had 1 silver also, or even all bronze trophies and 1 platinum. Horizon isnt the type of themed game to be treated similar to mostly non-challenging genre games like platformers like Grow Home and top down party racers like Blazerush.

It's just especially weird to see a group series of trophies (kill 500p, kill 1000p, kill 2000p, Lv10, L25, Lv40, Lv50, etc) treated the same, as if performing the hardest task wasnt somehow worthy of a higher rank/reward. That's the other problem, these poorly distributed trophy types are by default going to make players feel disappointed that their task doing the hardest things in a series didnt even grant them a silver trophy... at least.

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gage said:

You're putting way too much thought into what the trophy grades mean.  

No im REALLY not, actually. Short and simple. Bronze easy, silver medium, gold hard. Pretty much.

This action RPG having 1 gold trophy is nonsense, and a lot of bronzes should at least be silvers, period. This is common sense. Bronze Trophy for maxing skill tree, maxing level, scanning/finding EVERY machine (very rewarding there, trophy team), recriuting ALL allies, beating story, etc, is plain stupid.

EDIT: Or are you going to pretend bronze, silver, and gold are not all on different levels? Why have 3 distinct types if they were all the same? Obviously gold is better than silver. Obviously silver is better than bronze. Obviously bronze is weaker than both.

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mar said:

No im REALLY not, actually. Short and simple. Bronze easy, silver medium, gold hard. Pretty much.

This action RPG having 1 gold trophy is nonsense, and a lot of bronzes should at least be silvers, period. This is common sense. Bronze Trophy for maxing skill tree, maxing level, scanning/finding EVERY machine (very rewarding there, trophy team), recriuting ALL allies, beating story, etc, is plain stupid.

EDIT: Or are you going to pretend bronze, silver, and gold are not all on different levels? Why have 3 distinct types if they were all the same? Obviously gold is better than silver. Obviously silver is better than bronze. Obviously bronze is weaker than both.

I really think you're overthinking things here. If a game can only have a certain amount of trophy points and a developer has a lot of trophies they want to add to the game, they are going to either have to make a lot of them bronze or they will have to reduce the amount of trophies in order to have more silver and gold. Obviously the developer chose to have more trophies instead of the route you'd seem to prefer. 

Parker

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Parker said:

I really think you're overthinking things here. If a game can only have a certain amount of trophy points and a developer has a lot of trophies they want to add to the game, they are going to either have to make a lot of them bronze or they will have to reduce the amount of trophies in order to have more silver and gold. Obviously the developer chose to have more trophies instead of the route you'd seem to prefer. 

Parker

Proof, though?

Regardless, the list could be better. Whether im right or wrong, the list is still disappointing. It doesnt matter if my philosophy on trophy types is right or not. It's an action RPG and a Guerilla game. It should naturally be a fairly difficult platinum.

3 hours ago, Mar said:

Just because some other games have distributed the types of trophies illogically, doesnt make it ok or acceptable. Im not going to get into it here, but its not debatable that the type of trophies tied to the task are poorly handed. There's still a basis for these trophies regardless of anything.

Bronze is easy and can be gotten pretty quickly most of the time, even if tied to a series of repetitve task.

Silver represents progression when you reach a halfway point of some kind, or when you accomplish some kind of secondary hard task that still does not surpass the hardest of things.

Gold represents the supreme hardest of things, takes the longest to do. It's essentially the mastery of something.

So the fact that some trophies like getting to max level and maxing out your skill tree arent even silvers is illogical, poor execution, and nonsensical. Level 50 is the cap of difficulty for the leveling up group system, it's suppose to be silver or gold at least because it's the last. Lv40 and below are weaker so it makes sense to be bronze, the ultimate and last level being represented by a bronze doesn't make logical sense.

And again, the present fact that a (1) difficult genre game with (2) 50+ trophies only has 1 gold makes no sense. With your argument, youre essentially saying the list would also be fine if it had 1 silver also, or even all bronze trophies and 1 platinum. Horizon isnt the type of themed game to be treated similar to mostly non-challenging genre games like platformers like Grow Home and top down party racers like Blazerush.

It's just especially weird to see a group series of trophies (kill 500p, kill 1000p, kill 2000p, Lv10, L25, Lv40, Lv50, etc) treated the same, as if performing the hardest task wasnt somehow worthy of a higher rank/reward. That's the other problem, these poorly distributed trophy types are by default going to make players feel disappointed that their task doing the hardest things in a series didnt even grant them a silver trophy... at least.

I never said any list would be fine with just one silver. Speaking of which, most games don't offer too many silvers. Mostly a lot of bronzes, or a bunch of gold trophies with a few bronze sprinkled in.

You get a gold trophy in Orc Slayer right at the very beginning. You have to find a hidden spot and you can easily get this trophy right when you start up the game.

Compare this to Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor. There are two DLC packs, and both of these have a bronze trophy for completing a certain test. Completing these tests reward you with two bronze trophies. Again, no consistency.

I struggled getting 15 moves in one combo on Batman Arkham Knight because I am absolutely terrible at fighting games. Granted the Batman series isn't as difficult as Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter when it comes to pure skill, but all three Arkham games that were designed by Rocksteady only reward one gold trophy for each.

Bloodborne has a good list of trophies and a good amount of gold because that game was meant to be a challenge for many players. I have no complaints with it's trophy list.

The latest Tomb Raider game has over 100 bronze trophies. As a matter of fact the base game doesn't have any silver trophies, you have to earn over 60 bronze, and there is one gold trophy for getting 100 percent completion.

If the developers were the ones to decide what trophies should be bronze silver or gold, and how they are distributed, then it's their fault if the trophy list is easy, hard, rewarding or lackluster. There's a good reason why some games are considered trophy whores, and others are basically ridiculous when it comes to the amount of work one has to put in, especially if all that effort amounts to a single bronze trophy.

4 minutes ago, Mar said:

Proof, though?

Regardless, the list could be better. Whether im right or wrong, the list is still disappointing. It doesnt matter if my philosophy on trophy types is right or not. It's an action RPG and a Guerilla game. It should naturally be a fairly difficult platinum.

Just going through the games list here is seems most games have a maximum of 1,230 points (although Sniper Elite 4 has more, it was the only one I saw though) but I don't know if that is something Sony dictates or what, I would assume a developer has a certain amount of trophy points allowed per title. 

Parker

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I never said any list would be fine with just one silver. Speaking of which, most games don't offer too many silvers. Mostly a lot of bronzes, or a bunch of gold trophies with a few bronze sprinkled in.

You get a gold trophy in Orc Slayer right at the very beginning. You have to find a hidden spot and you can easily get this trophy right when you start up the game.

Compare this to Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor. There are two DLC packs, and both of these have a bronze trophy for completing a certain test. Completing these tests reward you with two bronze trophies. Again, no consistency.

I struggled getting 15 moves in one combo on Batman Arkham Knight because I am absolutely terrible at fighting games. Granted the Batman series isn't as difficult as Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter when it comes to pure skill, but all three Arkham games that were designed by Rocksteady only reward one gold trophy for each.

Bloodborne has a good list of trophies and a good amount of gold because that game was meant to be a challenge for many players. I have no complaints with it's trophy list.

The latest Tomb Raider game has over 100 bronze trophies. As a matter of fact the base game doesn't have any silver trophies, you have to earn over 60 bronze, and there is one gold trophy for getting 100 percent completion.

If the developers were the ones to decide what trophies should be bronze silver or gold, and how they are distributed, then it's their fault if the trophy list is easy, hard, rewarding or lackluster. There's a good reason why some games are considered trophy whores, and others are basically ridiculous when it comes to the amount of work one has to put in, especially if all that effort amounts to a single bronze trophy.

Never blamed them, just saying its disappointing for a Guerilla game. I learned two yrs ago devs dont make their own trophies, same with the avatar teams on PSN.

15 minutes ago, Parker said:

Just going through the games list here is seems most games have a maximum of 1,230 points (although Sniper Elite 4 has more, it was the only one I saw though) but I don't know if that is something Sony dictates or what, I would assume a developer has a certain amount of trophy points allowed per title. 

Parker

Ok

4 hours ago, Parker said:

Parker

Sniper Elite has DLC, the base game list only is 1230 points.

• Like 1

This looks interesting. I am definitely getting this game on release but won't have time to play it until a week or two later due to School. Anyway, the trophies don't seem too difficult. Except maybe that sole Gold Trophy. Looks like it may be the only trophy to hold back the Platinum. In a weird sort of way, this seems similar to Far Cry: Primal's list.

17 hours ago, Parker said:

17 hours ago, Mar said:

Proof, though?

I've noticed this trend as well; more less silver and gold means more bronze trophies until you reacht the limit. Rise Of The Tomb Raider was a recent one I played with mostly bronze. Then there was Batman: Arkham Knight, which had one gold, one silver and a shitload of bronze so loads of stuff could be included - the silver was for completing NG+ and the gold for getting 100% completion outside of AR missions.

6 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I've noticed this trend as well; more less silver and gold means more bronze trophies until you reacht the limit. Rise Of The Tomb Raider was a recent one I played with mostly bronze. Then there was Batman: Arkham Knight, which had one gold, one silver and a shitload of bronze so loads of stuff could be included - the silver was for completing NG+ and the gold for getting 100% completion outside of AR missions.

And even with Horizon's still questionable silver quantity, the fact that level 50 or learning all skills aint a silver for example are weird to. (Relevant and now gen games.. like) Just Cause 3, Dying Light, and Bloodborne had done a vastly better job, so it's all good.

2 hours ago, Mar said:

And even with Horizon's still questionable silver quantity, the fact that level 50 or learning all skills aint a silver for example are weird to. (Relevant and now gen games.. like) Just Cause 3, Dying Light, and Bloodborne had done a vastly better job, so it's all good.

I wouldn't say "vastly better" because it's opinion-based and personally, I don't care what color the trophies are. I care that a lot of stuff gets mentioned in there, I think for instance that it's stupid that the Assassin's Creed games have stopped giving a trophy for 100% synchronisation.

And you don't even know how hard the game is yet, perhaps getting to level 50 is easily manageable without grinding while going for the other stuff.

13 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I wouldn't say "vastly better" because it's opinion-based and personally, I don't care what color the trophies are. I care that a lot of stuff gets mentioned in there, I think for instance that it's stupid that the Assassin's Creed games have stopped giving a trophy for 100% synchronisation.

And you don't even know how hard the game is yet, perhaps getting to level 50 is easily manageable without grinding while going for the other stuff.

It's not an opinion that you should get more fitting rewards for harder and longer task. Literally by your logic, every game can have all bronze trophies and it'd be perfectly ok :| It is vastly better as those games more accurately reward trophy hunters who do the harder task. 

I dont need to know the precise margin of difficulty that the game is to know that it's fairly difficulty. It's a action-rpg and Guerilla have stressed that the game is combat heavy.. emphasizes on combat. Gameplay footage also supports this. It's going to be difficult by common sense, especially since the main gameplay component with the aim system requires full skill output, no auto lock on carrynic.

Your last point I considered already... but the last level not being a higher grade trophy (doesnt just have to be gold, can be silver to), like most games do, is odd. And even so, that is only one trophy of several oddly graded.

Edited by Mar

On 17/02/2017 at 2:23 PM, Mar said:

With the exception of trophy images and names as we haven't seen them yet. Let's see how that goes.

Here's what the images look like - 

GsoZ4sx.png

I've seen a few gameplay videos where trophies have popped, they all follow the same black & white design.

A little dull imo & not as nice as Rise of the Tomb Raider's black and white images/icons.