Dirt Rally VR

AffectatiousDonk

• 3 weeks later...

I'm loving the VR on this game, I've played everything in VR now.

I have absolutely no motion sickness what so ever, there are some motion sickness preventing measures like closing the field of view when crashing. Feels like your are about to knock out, not illogical with some of those crashes.

I'm playing this game for 4-6 hours a day since VR is out, when my schedule lets me. I love it, this makes all my investment in PSVR and steering wheel worth wile.

I also completed Driveclub VR, I hear everybody is getting sick but I had only a woozy feeling when crashing with Driveclub VR, so maybe i'm not very prone to motion sickness. Best remedy is not to crash :blink:

(I must say, I couldn't finish Playstation VR's Scavenger because of motion sickness, but VR Luge I hear some people can't play longer than 5 min, I again had no issues, had a lot of fun with that).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Da_BIG_001 said:

I'm loving the VR on this game, I've played everything in VR now.

I have absolutely no motion sickness what so ever, there are some motion sickness preventing measures like closing the field of view when crashing. Feels like your are about to knock out, not illogical with some of those crashes.

I'm playing this game for 4-6 hours a day since VR is out, when my schedule lets me. I love it, this makes all my investment in PSVR and steering wheel worth wile.

I also completed Driveclub VR, I hear everybody is getting sick but I had only a woozy feeling when crashing with Driveclub VR, so maybe i'm not very prone to motion sickness. Best remedy is not to crash :blink:

(I must say, I couldn't finish Playstation VR's Scavenger because of motion sickness, but VR Luge I hear some people can't play longer than 5 min, I again had no issues, had a lot of fun with that).

Thanks for the review man, I have a wheel too so I think I will definitely pick it up now ?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
14 minutes ago, Cubone said:

Just noticed the Dirt Rally bundlen (full game + VR) is on for €17,50 now on PSN - the VR expansion alone costs €12,50...

Is this game worth it if you don't have a wheel? I didn't really like the Driveclub VR demo, it made me sick.

Rally games are easier with a controller than a Wheel, unless you really don't have finesse with the sticks and have a HUGE stamina to man the wheel at long period of times. Also if you had motion sickness with Driveclub VR, I think that Dirt Rally will be worse because of the constant jumps and shaky stages. 

2 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

Rally games are easier with a controller than a Wheel, unless you really don't have finesse with the sticks and have a HUGE stamina to man the wheel at long period of times. Also if you had motion sickness with Driveclub VR, I think that Dirt Rally will be worse because of the constant jumps and shaky stages. 

WellI mostly thought that Driveclub was probably not implemented well, it's the only game that made me sick (it was also on the first day I ever played VR). But it is the reason though that I haven't bought the full game yet, or any racing game for that matter.

On 12/1/2017 at 7:51 AM, Cubone said:

WellI mostly thought that Driveclub was probably not implemented well, it's the only game that made me sick (it was also on the first day I ever played VR). But it is the reason though that I haven't bought the full game yet, or any racing game for that matter.

If there is a DC demo maybe try it again. Maybe your eyes/brain has got used to the VR and might not be so bad.

• 1 year later...

I started this game yesterday in VR, and it plays fantastic, even without a wheel! I've set everything to simulation settings except 'handbrake at start of race'. AND i disabled the visibility of the wheel, that killed that last bit of motion dazzle xD

I have the G29 logitech wheel as well, so i am looking forward to get the full experience soon...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...