Any hope for platinum in 2017?

FaTaLKiLL1

3 minutes ago, FaTaLKiLL1 said:

Recently did a long play through on PC to get ready for Andromeda  but now i have my eyes set on a platinum for this game. Is that possible? are the MP servers truly dead and if they are can i still use the apps for galactic readiness? 

There's people that still play occasionally, but you can play by yourself. A friend and I still play often trying to unlock everything and still see randoms from time to time

• Like 2

Every time I go online with it, I find matches. Even during non peak hours. Just make sure you have the free mp dlc installed and you'll have no problems. There's still a very faithful fan base.

You actually can't use the app anymore as far as I know. Can't even buy it anymore.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

MP is not necessary to platinum this game

Yes it is. You need to get 100% readiness. Has to be done online. Used to be able to do it with the app but not anymore.

Edit : nvm, you're right. The datapad app still exists in a browser based version. Learn something new everyday I guess. I still wouldn't recommend that method though, it would take soooo much longer then just playing lol.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Yes it is. You need to get 100% readiness. Has to be done online. Used to be able to do it with the app but not anymore.

I think you can still use Mass Effect Infiltrator, but I haven't tested that in a couple years.

14 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

MP is not necessary to platinum this game

Defender
Attain the highest level of readiness in each theater of war.

That trophy requires you play in multiplayer

4 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I think you can still use Mass Effect Infiltrator, but I haven't tested that in a couple years.

Defender
Attain the highest level of readiness in each theater of war.

That trophy requires you play in multiplayer

I actually just did some research. I know Infiltrator is shut down, I still play it sometimes and it doesn't connect.

The datapad app though was moved to n7hq. But considering it takes hours to get 3%, that would be a rough option lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

48 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I actually just did some research. I know Infiltrator is shut down, I still play it sometimes and it doesn't connect.

The datapad app though was moved to n7hq. But considering it takes hours to get 3%, that would be a rough option lol.

It doesn't take that long especially if you do the hour missions. Besides it does all the work for you, only have to click on the missions.

I never bothered to use mutliplayer when I platted this game - hate multiplayer modes. All you have to do is use the N7 HQ website. As you play the mini-game-thing, missions completed will contribute to your war readiness counter. Providing that you connect your EA account to your PSN ID, whenever you sign into the ME3 servers the game will update your war readiness in-game; all should be well.

Just don't let ME3 connect to the servers once you've stopped playing the browser thing after attaining 100%; it will update your readiness negatively!

Here's the site: http://n7hq.masseffect.com/account/

Every other trophy can be done offline. Thankfully Bioware understands that not everybody enjoys online modes!

Edited by GarryKE

On 19/02/2017 at 8:33 PM, ozi_SLO said:

i'm also in for the 3x times platinum. did the first two. had to admit though, ME original was the longest ever. doing it all one PS3 platform. now to finish the 3rd part. :) 

It's a brilliant trilogy :) I hated the first though for gameplay!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DatOneSeagull said:

just this week i knocked out the critical multiplayer trophies. It took me 10 hours to reach 100% readiness. you can still get games in the Mp. You have nothing to worry about.

totally agree. finished platinum myself also, few days ago. no problems, MP is still hot. i suspect, though, this may be because of the upcoming heat from Andromeda and last seconds trophy hunt. i'd go for it, before it's too late.

I've played Mass Effect 3 since launch, always playing multiplayer to complement my playthroughs (which have usually been once a year, on different accounts). I haven't noticed any real drop in players since about 2014 - I've always been able to join a game, normally with 3 other players on bronze and gold difficulty (haven't tried silver or platinum). As long as you download all of the free DLC, you should be able to still find people - that said with Andromeda coming out, players will be able to get their Mass Effect fix somewhere else - but because of how it ties to the story, you'll normally find people. That said, you don't need to play multiplayer to get the platinum - the only question that requires you to go online (Defender) can be completed on the N7 HQ website.

Edited by Divewinds

It takes a little time but it is quite easy to grind it out on your own just playing against Bronze Reapers. I was able to get about 6% readiness for the theater I played it each game as well as 1% for every other theater. It can be done in two-three days of dedicated playing.

• 5 months later...

Just an update to this thread, as of August 2017 I just started working on this Platinum to complete my collection of the original trilogy. I'm using the N7HQ Web Site for the Galactic Readiness, I just started ME3 and spamming the 1 hour missions on the N7HQ while progressing through the game or when you are not playing you can easily get to 100% readiness in a few days.

I can't be bothered with the MP and have no intention of even booting it up so this method for single player is still very much viable.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/8/2017 at 7:43 AM, tpepper1985 said:

Just an update to this thread, as of August 2017 I just started working on this Platinum to complete my collection of the original trilogy. I'm using the N7HQ Web Site for the Galactic Readiness, I just started ME3 and spamming the 1 hour missions on the N7HQ while progressing through the game or when you are not playing you can easily get to 100% readiness in a few days.

I can't be bothered with the MP and have no intention of even booting it up so this method for single player is still very much viable.

On 28/9/2017 at 5:22 AM, Inuty said:

Can confirm that too. N7HQ is the best way to boost the Galactic Readiness. Did it a few days ago.

Can anyone of you explain me how? I lon into N7HQ and I can see some of my trophies (not all, some are "locked" even tho I already sync the trophies), but when I go for the Galaxy at War option it says "Galaxy at War requires an active Mass Effect 3 profile." ?

EDIT: i don't have the game installed right now, and idk if you need to have a save file before the last mission or something like that in order to work

Edited by Uchiha_Snake__

2 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Can anyone of you explain me how? I lon into N7HQ and I can see some of my trophies (not all, some are "locked" even tho I already sync the trophies), but when I go for the Galaxy at War option it says "Galaxy at War requires an active Mass Effect 3 profile.1f623.png

EDIT: i don't have the game installed right now, and idk if you need to have a save file before the last mission or something like that in order to work

Hey I got my Platinum yesterday ! So it's still very much possible.

My memory is a little fuzzy but I think you need the game installed, and must have linked it to an EA account. I don't remember if you need to have started a campaign or not ... But for sure you don't need to be at the end of the game to use the N7HQ, I did my N7HQ grind when I was very early in the game as soon as you have the 100% galactic readiness trophy you don't need to use it again.

Edit: I just looked at your trophy list and your also missing Master and Commander, you can get this trophy without Galactic Readiness but you need to find nearly all the War Assets (DLC makes this much easier.) So if you no longer have a save near the mid/end game you will need to collect enough assets to unlock this trophy - You could combine it with the N7HQ because Galactic Readiness at 100% factors into the calculation for Master and Commander meaning you need less War Assets.

Also the 5,000 kills trophy is a pain in the ass, took me several hours of mindless grinding to finish that one off myself after completing the game and all DLC. I used this method to get them:

Edited by tpepper1985

26 minutes ago, tpepper1985 said:

Hey I got my Platinum yesterday ! So it's still very much possible.

My memory is a little fuzzy but I think you need the game installed, and must have linked it to an EA account. I don't remember if you need to have started a campaign or not ... But for sure you don't need to be at the end of the game to use the N7HQ, I did my N7HQ grind when I was very early in the game as soon as you have the 100% galactic readiness trophy you don't need to use it again.

Edit: I just looked at your trophy list and your also missing Master and Commander, you can get this trophy without Galactic Readiness but you need to find nearly all the War Assets (DLC makes this much easier.) So if you no longer have a save near the mid/end game you will need to collect enough assets to unlock this trophy - You could combine it with the N7HQ because Galactic Readiness at 100% factors into the calculation for Master and Commander meaning you need less War Assets.

Also the 5,000 kills trophy is a pain in the ass, took me several hours of mindless grinding to finish that one off myself after completing the game and all DLC. I used this method to get them:

Many thanks, I just find out you need to "Activate" your EA account and register your Mass Effect 3 in order to have acces to galactic at war, i woul be playing the N/HQ missions while I download ME3, I should reach 100% readiness  with no problems by the time the game is fully downloaded, I'll be looking forward to get the 5000 kills trophy with that video too! thanks a lot! :yay: