Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Localization Announced

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/ys-viii-lacrimosa-dana-ps4-ps-vita-pc-coming-west-fall

For those who don't care to read the article, all you need to know:

• Physical and digital for Vita and PS4 as well as limited editions for both
  • Original voices confirmed
  • Will include English (obviously) and French text

Not too excited about NISA doing it, hopefully they don't find some way to fuck it up. This is also the second game title from Falcom that I can't help but associate with a song. Every damn time I hear "Tokyo Xanadu" the first thing I think of is the song "Xanadu" by Rush.

• Like 3

Awwww yeeeaaah! I'm glad the localisation has finally been announced. The best part is that Vita is getting physical copies too. Awesome, that will look nice alongside Ys: Memories of Celceta. ^_^ Speaking of, I have yet to play that game yet, so I should probably get on that soon.

The limited edition looks really nice. I love the cloth poster and bookends. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but it's $20 more on PS4 with nothing extra? It seems like a no-brainer to get the Vita's LE then. Not that it wasn't already of course. :P Is it safe to assume they will be made available on the European store soon?

The inclusion of Japanese voices is great. I'll definitely be using that over the English ones. It's nice that we don't have to mess about with DLC to get them either like for certain other games... :shakefist:

Awesome, I'm looking forward to playing this. Really enjoyed Memories of Celceta, so I have high expectations for this one.

21 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Awesome, that will look nice alongside Ys: Memories of Celceta. ^_^ Speaking of, I have yet to play that game yet, so I should probably get on that soon.

Definitely give it a try.

I want that LE. :holy:

But knowing NIS the price in their EU-store will be way to overcharged. At least I hope they will add it soon so I can use the still decent exchange rates.

And knowing myself the chances are high that I will double dip to enjoy it once on Vita and on PS4.

Edited by Crimson Idol

12 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Neato! That's great news. Will try to see if I can buy it day one. @Crimson Idol, Is there a custom limit in Germany? Would love to buy one of the LEs on the NISA Europe website, but the customs here is ridiculous.

There's a custom limits in Germany. 21 EUR but effectively it's 26 EUR as they won't collect taxes where the total amount is below 5 EUR. But as NISA Europe ship from UK (I assume at least) it's tax-free for me. 

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Definitely give it a try.

For sure. I hear there's a good trophy guide for it. ;) 

I've had my copy for a while now, but the backlog is a cruel mistress. :giggle:

11 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

YS from NISA? O.O

That is conflicting as hell... proper voices included but not XSEED-sama... 

Wasn't Celceta published by NISA in Europe as well? They aren't that bad, are they? :P

13 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

There's a custom limits in Germany. 21 EUR but effectively it's 26 EUR as they won't collect taxes where the total amount is below 5 EUR. But as NISA Europe ship from UK (I assume at least) it's tax-free for me. 

That makes sense! Norway has strict protectionist policies, and it only has a toe (maybe a foot) inside the EU.

2 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

There's a difference between publishing XSEED-sama's work and working on it from the start =D

It's NISA. The word bad is a compliment =D

I guess that's true. Still, I don't remember them doing a particularly bad job when it comes to localising before.

What did they do? Is it the censorship? It's probably the censorship, ain't it? :P The only thing that comes to mind in regards to that is Criminal Girls. I know they butchered those games pretty hard. I'm sure there are other examples, but still, I'd rather see some of these games getting localised by somebody rather than not at all. X-SEED cant do everything. :P

6 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Still, I don't remember them doing a particularly bad job when it comes to localising before.

You need to listen more carefully to the proper voices :awesome:

What did they do? Is it the censorship? It's probably the censorship, ain't it? :P

Censorship, out of context translation, overpriced LEs, blockage of import.

I'd rather see some of these games getting localised by somebody rather than not at all.

It's still easier to learn weebgo :awesome:

X-SEED cant do everything. :P

They can :D Just give them time and they can :awesome: 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You need to listen more carefully to the proper voices :awesome:

Censorship, out of context translation, overpriced LEs, blockage of import.

It's still easier to learn weebgo :awesome:

They can :D Just give them time and they can :awesome: 

I do listen to them. That doesn't mean I understand them at all, but I do listen. :P

I guess the whole out of context translation thing is only noticeable if you have an understanding of Japanese outside a few words or you're directly comparing that to the literal translation. I can't say I apply to either. As for overpriced LE's, that isn't a NISA exclusive thing, but I can see where you're coming from. I think the LE for this game looks reasonably priced at least. Well, the Vita version anyway. Import blocking sucks, but again, I haven't had to deal with that before. I see why it would annoy people, though.

Weebgo? What's that? :P Whatever it is, I'm not of high enough weeb-level to learn such a thing.

Look forward to Ys IX in 2035 then. They've got a lot to get through. :P

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

I guess the whole out of context translation thing is only noticeable if you have an understanding of Japanese outside a few words or you're directly comparing that to the literal translation. I can't say I apply to either.

Learn and you will start realizing it :D

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Weebgo? What's that? :P

Japanese =D

Go = language in Japanese, weebgo = weeb language = Nipponese :awesome:

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Look forward to Ys IX in 2035 then. They've got a lot to get through. :P

No problem, I can always import :awesome::awesome::awesome:

• Like 1

Well at least there is nothing to Cesnor for NisA, no, no?

So it should be fine! Personally for Example i'm pissed for Monster Monpiece & Criminal Girls with NisA but fine with the Arland Trilogy on Ps3 that was made in a good way!

Great to know about the Jap Voices :D No need to worry and choose then xD

And why the Heck Even French Text, that's not Fair Ehi -_-

Anyway i guess now i should get Celceta when it gets on sale again, it's time!

Yay for PC version. Now only Ys Seven and Celceta are missing for that platform, in the West. (but Celceta already got a fan translation i think)

I guess NightWolve will be happy that XSEED is not involved this time, lol.

They also announced Cladun Returns for the West, by the way! I'm so happy about it.