Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Localization Announced

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Lol, what!? :blink: That's pretty lazy from Falcom.

Nah, it's actually not. :D The "guide" is called Adol's Travel Journal and it features at least all parts up until the Tower of Guidance so you can actually take a look at what Adol records all the time. And don't forget...

Spoiler

that Adol lost the journal at the tower and got the typical amnesia so it's totally fine that it's incomplete. ;)

But I realize that my sentence sounds rather negative as I didn't include the context what it contains. :unsure: 

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Nah, it's actually not. :D The "guide" is called Adol's Travel Journal and it features at least all parts up until the Tower of Guidance so you can actually take a look at what Adol records all the time. And don't forget...

Hide contents

that Adol lost the journal at the tower and got the typical amnesia so it's totally fine that it's incomplete. ;)

But I realize that my sentence sounds rather negative as I didn't include the context what it contains. :unsure: 

Oooooooh, that explains a lot. I thought it was an actual guide :lol: .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's still kinda funny to me how expensive the PS4 version is. I heard it has some extra content over the Vita version, but is it really worth an extra £10? Since the Japanese versions of the game has separate lists for PS4 and Vita, I assume that will be the case for us too. I'll probably get the Vita version on launch and the PS4 version when it's dropped in price for that juicy stack. :eyebrow: I intend on doing the same thing with Tokyo Xanadu.

I just finished Celceta and was interested in this until I saw that it was NISA handling the localization instead of XSEED. I'm going to wait until after it's released to see if it turns out decent.

NISA has a terrible track record of introducing serious bugs that were never in the Japanese releases. Like how Disgaea D2 has a memory leak issue and crashes when you use fire spells. Or The Witch and the Hundred Knight's crashing problem, which wasn't even fixed in the PS4 re-release. Their PC ports are pretty crash prone too. 

Plus I'm worried about how they're going to handle the translation itself. NISA isn't exactly the greatest quality, even the most basic things are off. Just look at Disgaea 4 on Vita and you'll see that they couldn't even do the font correctly. Letters just bleed into each other and certain letters like e, y, and t are all the wrong height and spacing, making everything look like a jumbled mess.

529201_Untitled_4.png

5 hours ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

I just finished Celceta and was interested in this until I saw that it was NISA handling the localization instead of XSEED. I'm going to wait until after it's released to see if it turns out decent.

NISA has a terrible track record of introducing serious bugs that were never in the Japanese releases. Like how Disgaea D2 has a memory leak issue and crashes when you use fire spells. Or The Witch and the Hundred Knight's crashing problem, which wasn't even fixed in the PS4 re-release. Their PC ports are pretty crash prone too. 

Plus I'm worried about how they're going to handle the translation itself. NISA isn't exactly the greatest quality, even the most basic things are off. Just look at Disgaea 4 on Vita and you'll see that they couldn't even do the font correctly. Letters just bleed into each other and certain letters like e, y, and t are all the wrong height and spacing, making everything look like a jumbled mess.

529201_Untitled_4.png

Well, classic NISA =D

Just ignore the text and listen to the voice =D

• 1 year later...
On 18/02/2017 at 7:08 AM, Undead Wolf said:

Awwww yeeeaaah! I'm glad the localisation has finally been announced. The best part is that Vita is getting physical copies too. Awesome, that will look nice alongside Ys: Memories of Celceta. ^_^ Speaking of, I have yet to play that game yet, so I should probably get on that soon.

The limited edition looks really nice. I love the cloth poster and bookends. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but it's $20 more on PS4 with nothing extra? It seems like a no-brainer to get the Vita's LE then. Not that it wasn't already of course. :P Is it safe to assume they will be made available on the European store soon?

The inclusion of Japanese voices is great. I'll definitely be using that over the English ones. It's nice that we don't have to mess about with DLC to get them either like for certain other games... :shakefist:

lol original voice DLC only, but if anyone under different region then the best fix is muting voice xDxD

On 27/05/2017 at 9:47 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, classic NISA =D

Just ignore the text and listen to the voice =D

Regardless must support Vita all the way now www

Edited by Nelson_Otaku