should i buy?

Stargazer2600

I'm gonna be honest, I am not a racing fan, at all. Even when its a option in games like GTA its something i rarely ever do, However, I did LOVE NFSU 2 and there are plenty of times where i wish i could play that again. Many people have said this is more or less a reboot of that and that this game would scratch that itch nicely. So i'm curious if it be worth the $20 to drop on it. The trophies seem easy enough so if all else fails, it could be a easy plat, maybe?

5 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

I'm gonna be honest, I am not a racing fan, at all. Even when its a option in games like GTA its something i rarely ever do, However, I did LOVE NFSU 2 and there are plenty of times where i wish i could play that again. Many people have said this is more or less a reboot of that and that this game would scratch that itch nicely. So i'm curious if it be worth the $20 to drop on it. The trophies seem easy enough so if all else fails, it could be a easy plat, maybe?

Easy plat yes. I'd give it a 3/10 difficulty. I would say about 10% of the races are challenging and I'm not really a racing gamer like yourself. I loved the storyline and it would definitely scratch the itch you mentioned. At the end of the day it was an enjoyable and rewarding platinum with minimal grinding necessary. 

I think you would like it because it's designed to be satisfying to play, you'll be pulling off amazing drifts after just an hour or so of playing.

But if you're not a racing fan at all as you claim, I dunno, I guess you can get it for the easy plat if nothing else.

31 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

I liked the game. It was pretty fun and I didn't find any of the tracks too difficult. All the DLC for the game came in free patches so that is pretty cool too. The graphics are quite good also. The only small complaint I have is that the game is nighttime 90% of the time. Mental Unblock can be a tricky trophy but it is doable after some practice. I haven't tried the Prestige and Speedlists DLC yet but I heard it is very difficult and could stop a lot of players from getting the 100%. 

You could probably get a player on here to Shareplay it with you so you can check it out a little bit before you buy it. I would do it for you but I am in the FW beta and can only Shareplay with other people in the beta.

Edited by skateak

3 hours ago, broy300 said:

Its a really fun Arcade racer. The story is about as cheesy as you can get, but the racing is varied and fun. The graphics are really nice as well. While the plat is relatively easy ( I dont have it yet) the 100% I heard is an absolute nightmare.

The 100% is way too hard, the prestige events are mental and you need to drive perfectly with the perfect car tune. It can take hours for 1 race

3 hours ago, skateak said:

I haven't tried the Prestige and Speedlists DLC yet but I heard it is very difficult and could stop a lot of players from getting the 100%

The prestige levels are nuts. If you're a regular player who's not so much into fine tuning every car for a specific race, you can not even dream about getting bronze for many of them. The difficulty of these races is beyond reason. The guide here on PSNP states 100 hours for the DLC alone, and that's really not an exaggeration at all.

Edited by ShadowStefan

11 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

The prestige levels are nuts. If you're a regular player who's not so much into fine tuning every car for a specific race, you can not even dream about getting bronze for many of them. The difficulty of these races is beyond reason. The guide here on PSNP states 100 hours for the DLC alone, and that's really not an exaggeration at all.

luckily i dont care about 100% completion, i got games i cant 100% complete but got the plat, and as long as i have that, thats good enough for me

but plat aside, i would like to actually enjoy the game. so far i'm not a fan that its online only but, seems interesting none the less.