New Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots

Xel

3 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

Also, just to be clear, Tabata is not involved in any of these games, right?

No, Tabata is busy working on FFXV's DLC with Business Division 2. Business Division 4 are the ones working on FF7R. 

Edited by Xeliot

1 minute ago, Xeliot said:

Since these are in-game screenshots a new trailer to be expected plus Kitase already promised they they will release a combat trailer back in December.

Sweet! Anybody still optimistic about part 1 being released this year? At very best very late this year, one can only hope...

Just now, Xeliot said:

No, Tabata is  busy working on FFXV DLC with Business Division 2. Business Division 4 are the ones working on FF7R. 

Praise the lord!

Wow, I was never the biggest Kingdom Hearts fan but seeing that screenshot made me feel really nostalgic, I think I might have to pick up the remasters when they release on PS4 now. FF VII looks amazing too, but I was already going to pick that up regardless. :lol:

Parker

I wonder, the FF7 remake, are they going the route of FFXIII and only giving you the control of one character at a time? I really, really hope not. That's one of the most devastating things they did to the combat system IMO. The "non-interrupted" battle system makes it sound like they make it so that an AI selects the moves of the characters you don't control, and if that is the case, that completely ruins the combat for me. Same goes if they do the entire, continue from right before the battle if you die shit. Just nothing to lose by dying. Or the refill all MP and HP after each battle, so you will always spam the best attacks in every fight, not conserve it for when you really need it. :\

Edited by MMDE

11 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I wonder, the FF7 remake, are they going the route of FFXIII and only giving you the control of one character at a time? I really, really hope not. That's one of the most devastating things they did to the combat system IMO. The "non-interrupted" battle system makes it sound like they make it so that an AI selects the moves of the characters you don't control, and if that is the case, that completely ruins the combat for me. Same goes if they do the entire, continue from right before the battle if you die shit. Just nothing to lose by dying. Or the refill all MP and HP after each battle, so you will always spam the best attacks in every fight, not conserve it for when you really need it. :\

Considering from what they shown to be a full blown action rpg, it's highly unlikely you'll control more than 1 character. Which makes a lot of materia useless

1 minute ago, kuuhaku said:

FFVII It looks similar to FFXV. Hopefully it's not as buggy...

They better polish up everything! None of the issues FFXV had should be in the remake! That means no annoying camera issues, no clipping issues, the story and soundtrack is pretty much all set so there's no excuse to mess up that part and added side-quests should by no means be repetetive. Also, no part of the game should give you the feel of being too linear. I can understand the Midgar part, but once you reach the world map it's should be nothing but sweet freedom! Unlike FFXIII where they made the stupid decision to leave the exploration part right at the very end...

18 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Considering from what they shown to be a full blown action rpg, it's highly unlikely you'll control more than 1 character. Which makes a lot of materia useless

They will change around on the materia etc if there's an issue. I just don't know why they have to mess with the combat system so much. I'm pretty sure they know a lot of people who has been asking about a remake for years didn't want them to do this, and it seems they are doing it just to do it, because they hadn't really decided exactly what they wanted to do when they announced it.

There's plenty of stuff they could have done to make the battle system not feel as static as it was. They don't need to stand in a line. They could be running all around the screen. They could take extra damage from being attacked in the back. There was some of this in the original, but they could have expanded upon it. It's also not like the battle system paused necessarily when you chose a move, it had an active time battle system.

It really has been an issue for me with the latest games, that they've gone away from everything I liked about the series, and in the re-releases they've felt the need to add cheats..... :\

I don't wanna hear about how if I want the old game, I should play that. I could come up with a lot of stuff they could do to improve the original game without actually changing it fundamentally.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

They will change around on the materia etc if there's an issue. I just don't know why they have to mess with the combat system so much. I'm pretty sure they know a lot of people who has been asking about a remake for years didn't want them to do this, and it seems they are doing it just to do, because they hadn't really decided exactly what they wanted to do when they announced it.

There's plenty of stuff they could have done to make the battle system not feel as static as it was. They don't need to stand in a line. They could be running all around the screen. They could take extra damage from being attacked in the back. There was some of this in the original, but they could have expanded upon it. It's also not like the battle system paused necessarily when you chose a move, it had an active time battle system.

It really has been an issue for me with the latest games, that they've gone away from everything I liked about the series, and in the re-releases they've felt the need to add cheats..... :\

I don't wanna hear about how if I want the old game, I should play that. I could come up with a lot of stuff they could do to improve the original game without actually changing it fundamentally.

Pretty much once I saw that it was more hack n slash action based, any interest in the game diminished completely. It looks nice though. That KH3 screenshot looks nice too

2 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

I can understand the Midgar part, but once you reach the world map it's should be nothing but sweet freedom! Unlike FFXIII where they made the stupid decision to leave the exploration part right at the very end...

This isn't true. Once you reached outside Midgar (always wanna spell it Midgard, because that's the Norse name), you couldn't access everywhere. How it has worked in pretty much every FF game is that you unlock some bigger areas as you progress, sometimes you're limited to a smaller area again, and then to another bigger area. This repeat a couple of times, but after a while some of these areas connect and eventually you got access to the entire world, but that is not until near the end. FFXIII didn't do any of this though, it was just corridor after corridor before big open empty area near the end. FFXIII missed things like cities, people to talk to, lore to dig into etc. Everything was so empty. Nothing to explore and no secrets to be found. Pretty much a lot of gameplay missing that was there in previous games.

• Like 2