New Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots

Xel

7 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

My guess would be somewhere between 2018 and 2030. ;)

That's optimistic xD. At this rate I'm expecting an announcement for the announcement of the release date in 2018, the clarification of the release date in 2022 and hopefully get the game in 2040 :P. In all seriousness I want SE to take all of the time they need to make KH3 the best game I've ever played. I'm expecting a release date in the summer of next year (if we're lucky).

40 minutes ago, MMDE said:

They will change around on the materia etc if there's an issue. I just don't know why they have to mess with the combat system so much. I'm pretty sure they know a lot of people who has been asking about a remake for years didn't want them to do this, and it seems they are doing it just to do it, because they hadn't really decided exactly what they wanted to do when they announced it.

There's plenty of stuff they could have done to make the battle system not feel as static as it was. They don't need to stand in a line. They could be running all around the screen. They could take extra damage from being attacked in the back. There was some of this in the original, but they could have expanded upon it. It's also not like the battle system paused necessarily when you chose a move, it had an active time battle system.

It really has been an issue for me with the latest games, that they've gone away from everything I liked about the series, and in the re-releases they've felt the need to add cheats..... :\

I don't wanna hear about how if I want the old game, I should play that. I could come up with a lot of stuff they could do to improve the original game without actually changing it fundamentally.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I miss the older games because you actually have to use strategy to beat enemies or create your own. Now, it seems more of a hack in slash/inventory control game which is way too easy in my book. I was on level 44 in chapter 3 on FFXV because I utilized my resources like money, magic, and items properly. The game has posed no challenge whatsoever since.

FF9 is the perfect example creating your own strategy that works. I loved using a party of Zidane for speed and power (can't switch him anyways), Garnett for healing and buff, and Steiner and Vivi for the sword magic combo. I can guarantee you that if you asked others what strategy they used to beat the game, it won't be the same every time, which to me is the beauty of these games. THAT'S what I miss. You can't really ask "How did you beat the adamantoise on FFXV?" Warped strike for 2 hours? ME TOO!!!

See what I mean? Having the combat being more dynamic is fine. I understand games need to be modernized. But they still haven't quite found that perfect combination of both for my tastes. Maybe FFVIIR will be the first. At least that's what I hope.

For me the confirm that Kh3 is going to be such a gorgeous game :3 (And for people askinf for Trailers probably if not E3, we'll see a Big one at TGS in my opinion)

And that i don't care at all about this FF Remake and i'll just play the Original honestly. I still don't get Why people ar ehappier is like this as gameplay than it was original, i guess i only see kids commenting that don't appreciate a good Turn based Rpg nowadays.... (My phrase is mostly referred to what i saw on FB and around not here)

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, I'm the same way. I miss the older games because you actually have to use strategy to beat enemies or create your own. Now, it seems more of a hack in slash/inventory control game which is way too easy in my book. I was on level 44 in chapter 3 on FFXV because I utilized my resources like money, magic, and items properly. The game has posed no challenge whatsoever since.

FF9 is the perfect example creating your own strategy that works. I loved using a party of Zidane for speed and power (can't switch him anyways), Garnett for healing and buff, and Steiner and Vivi for the sword magic combo. I can guarantee you that if you asked others what strategy they used to beat the game, it won't be the same every time, which to me is the beauty of these games. THAT'S what I miss. You can't really ask "How did you beat the adamantoise on FFXV?" Warped strike for 2 hours? ME TOO!!!

See what I mean? Having the combat being more dynamic is fine. I understand games need to be modernized. But they still haven't quite found that perfect combination of both for my tastes. Maybe FFVIIR will be the first. At least that's what I hope.

Yeah. I'm sure this remake will have some of the same materia stuff. I do however think they will dumb down a lot of things. They are also likely to skip a lot of things that could potentially slow down the gameplay. There's a huge target group that likely don't have the attention for these games anymore. There's definitely going to be some focus group testing.

I will just have to enjoy it for what it is, but I really wish they had taken a different route with this game. Not scratched the things that made the original great. The battle system was one of those things. At this point I'm sure they are gonna screw with everything. They will do some scenes like the original, but so much will change. I'm not sure if I will actually enjoy it considering I will be annoyed by everything they've done worse. I'm sure they will do something better (I hope, other than graphics I mean, even that I'm not sure), but I'm gonna forget it by all the things I get annoyed with.

But things like not controlling your entire party, and an AI making moves for you, that just ruins much of the battle system for me. Hated it in FFXIII. Sometimes it was even better not to level a character, so you could limit what the character would do AKA control it more. Setting up paradigms, characters and equipment etc, what a chore, especially when going for 5 starring.

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

This isn't true. Once you reached outside Midgar (always wanna spell it Midgard, because that's the Norse name), you couldn't access everywhere. How it has worked in pretty much every FF game is that you unlock some bigger areas as you progress, sometimes you're limited to a smaller area again, and then to another bigger area. This repeat a couple of times, but after a while some of these areas connect and eventually you got access to the entire world, but that is not until near the end. FFXIII didn't do any of this though, it was just corridor after corridor before big open empty area near the end. FFXIII missed things like cities, people to talk to, lore to dig into etc. Everything was so empty. Nothing to explore and no secrets to be found. Pretty much a lot of gameplay missing that was there in previous games.

Well, you got me there! You really only get to explore freely once you get the Highwind pretty much. It's how it slowly opened up the world in small increments. In order to get past the Midgar Zolom you had to use the Chocobo, in order to get from Junon to Costa del Sol you stowaway in a ship, in order to get through Corel you get the Buggy, in order to arrive at the Ancient City and various other places before that you get the Tiny Bronco, and then finally the Highwind which pretty much allows you to go anywhere (Minus the Materia caves). FFVII while restricted at the beginning still had plenty of things to it which never made the game go stale. As you mentioned with the town and it's inhabitants, the various mini-games, hidden characters to recruit, etc. It was simply done well. FFXIII had none of that sadly...I know it may seem like I'm bashing the game but when FFXIII was about to get released I was super excited only to get super disappointed. I wanted to love the game, but SE clearly wasn't going for quality back then, and the same could be said about FFXV which is only bad for all the wrong reasons...Sorry for getting side tracked!:D

2 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

So far away (T_T).

I believe part 1 is getting released this year?:S

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xugashi said:

I believe part 1 is getting released this year?:S

According to the 30th anniversary leak a while back, yes. Will it? I highly doubt it. I would be willing to wager that we can do a demo sometime next year, early on even, maybe just the bombing mission.

I will say this. I don't mind if the game becomes a little more action based... even then, I figure that these ATB changes are to execute attack strings in a way similar to Zell's Limit Break, except minus the theatrics and camera. I don't believe for a second this game has become Dynasty Warriors.

I know that a lot of people like the old school turn based style, but I personally don't feel a great attachment to it, nor do I believe it will always provide superior strategic power. In my opinion I often think JRPGs have ridiculously filler skill sets. Ultimately, we will have to wait and see how it turns out.

I'm going to take a guess and say Magic and Materia are separate because they've evidentally revamped the system, but it won't be aesthetically pleasing seeing a command menu with 20 command materia options, especially with the hollow menu design. That would be going against any chances of streamlining the combat. I would say Materia is for things like Command Materia and Summon Materia even. But like I said, wait and see. Won't be a horrible by any stretch.

45 minutes ago, MHD_es3af said:

@Xeliot @Xugashi

Fortunately he is not involved in these 2 games

Good riddance. I'm still salty about the way Tabata and BD2 handled FFXV, it is ultimately a wasted potential. I'd rather wait forever for Nomura to make a game that lives up to my expectations than having to be disappointed.

Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Xeliot said:

Yeah, got riddance. I'm still salty about the way Tabata and BD2 handled FFXV, it is ultimately a wasted potential. I'd rather wait forever for Nomura to make a game that lives up to my expectations than having to be disappointed.

Nomura focus on game content and final quality, even though it takes him very long time (and this is what fans need). but this thing doesn't suit businessmen (SE) ... that's why they handled FFXV to Tabata, he is more a show man than a game developer and he greatly knows how to draw attention of media and gamers (even though his game is bad) -like how he made so many trailers and news about type-0, and in the end it was a poor game- (and i was one of the gamers who got dragged by his teasing -_-)

truth to be told, although i don't like him, but tabata proved that he is a man of hard situations... they handled an incomplete game to him with a story from another director, yet he was able to redesign the story, removing characters, completing battle system, making that good movie... i know he ruined the masterpiece that nomura was trying to make, but he did a good job in that short period.

Edited by MHD_es3af
add a sentence

34 minutes ago, MHD_es3af said:

Nomura focus on game content and final quality, even though it takes him very long time (and this is what fans need). but this thing doesn't suit businessmen (SE) ... that's why they handled FFXV to Tabata, he is more a show man than a game developer and he greatly knows how to draw attention of media and gamers (even though his game is bad) -like how he made so many trailers and news about type-0, and in the end it was a poor game- (and i was one of the gamers who got dragged by his teasing -_-)

truth to be told, although i don't like him, but tabata proved that he is a man of hard situations... they handled an incomplete game to him with a story from another director, yet he was able to redesign the story, removing characters, completing battle system, making that good movie... i know he ruined the masterpiece that nomura was trying to make, but he did a good job in that short period.

Nomura really cares about the game's quality and what the player needs, but not wants (He's making the game HE wants to make), he said that many times in interviews. And I respect that about him. Tabata tried, sure but the game he made was overall underwhelming he was so concerned about fan feedback. He catered to the western audience, which is why FFXV is constantly trying to be something that isn't. FFXV didn't feel challenging, I felt like I was playing A WRPG tbh. Now he's pulling PR stunts avoiding questions regarding the storytelling. Seriously, who says "I wanted to make the story from Noctis' POV". That's just an absurd thing to say. But I guess I can't fully blame Tabata. 

Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheAveryChu said:

I know there are a lot of mitigating factors, but if I knew ahead of time that Tabata was behind 3rd Birthday, my expectations for FFXV would have dropped greatly. I just don't care for anything the guy puts out. 

That game and what they did to aya in it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth to this day

9 hours ago, Xeliot said:

Good riddance. I'm still salty about the way Tabata and BD2 handled FFXV, it is ultimately a wasted potential. I'd rather wait forever for Nomura to make a game that lives up to my expectations than having to be disappointed.

I second that!

• Like 1

Both games look awesome, they'll be worth the wait. 

The screenshot with the Scorpion Guard is particularly interesting, look at the fire on the floor, looks like an AoE attack by the Guard (the Tail Laser, maybe?) so strategy and positioning on the battlefield could be an important factor. Even the shot of Cloud taking cover from gunfire seems to show that too. Those bemoaning the change from turn-based seem to have nothing to fear with regards any removal of strategy- it's here, just in a new form. FFVII is my favourite game of all time and I cannot wait to see this realised- the game reimagined as it were made new in the current era of videogames.

• Like 1

On 2017-02-18 at 1:40 PM, MMDE said:

They will change around on the materia etc if there's an issue. I just don't know why they have to mess with the combat system so much. I'm pretty sure they know a lot of people who has been asking about a remake for years didn't want them to do this, and it seems they are doing it just to do it, because they hadn't really decided exactly what they wanted to do when they announced it.

(Wrong.)

I don't wanna hear about how if I want the old game, I should play that. I could come up with a lot of stuff they could do to improve the original game without actually changing it fundamentally.

(Go play the old game.)

There would be absolutely no point in making the exact same game again. This is a remake, not an enhanced port.

Nobody wants the same game twice. If you want the same game, you can play the original.

If you want the same old game but improved, go make your own hack. Don't wish it to be an half-assed enhanced port for everyone just for your own needs. We want a remake, not a HD port.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hyakulegger said:

There would be absolutely no point in making the exact same game again. This is a remake, not an enhanced port.

Nobody wants the same game twice. If you want the same game, you can play the original.

You leave me kinda baffled over here. It seems you read the first part, decided it was wrong, because you've heard the typical response/"refute"/dismissal to the people complaining about the game changing too much. Then you read further where I've countered this dismissal already, and you seem to have just ignored it outright and kept to your original dismissal without actually addressing what I said. :S

Just to be clear, I'm not asking for the same game. I already got several copies of that. What I do want is the game remade with improvements and additional content etc. There's a ton you can do without fundamentally changing the game. It's like if they made the Crash Bandicoot remake an action game with guns.

Please do make a coherent response.

Another thing I'm worried about is things like the original theme and mood being changed or removed. Some videos I've seen has made Midgar seem more glossy and bright. The game has a heavy death and depression theme, alongside a dark gritty/raw technological future with a hint of near post-apocalyptic world etc. You know what I mean. And this I'm worried is not going to be there, when it helped set the tone of the entire game and make it what it is.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

You leave me kinda baffled over here. It seems you read the first part, decided it was wrong, because you've heard the typical response/"refute"/dismissal to the people complaining about the game changing too much. Then you read further where I've countered this dismissal already, and you seem to have just ignored it outright and kept to your original dismissal without actually addressing what I said. :S

Just to be clear, I'm not asking for the same game. I already got several copies of that. What I do want is the game remade with improvements and additional content etc. There's a ton you can do without fundamentally changing the game. It's like if they made the Crash Bandicoot remake an action game with guns.

Please do make a coherent response.

That's exactly what I'm saying. You just want little improvements on the same game? There are hacks out there, and you can also make your own hack. Don't wish the remake to be ruined, just for your needy little wish.

Heck, there's even a re-translation hack that gets the parts that matter right!

It's like if they made the Crash Bandicoot remake an action game with guns.

(Or like... if they made FF7 as an CG/anime action movie. ...uh... wait a minute. :o)

(...They wouldn't. Would they?)

Not it is not. The point of a FF7 remake is to re-experience the story differently. Trust me, there WILL be retcons, story changes, gameplay changes. and many other things you won't be used to. Fundamental changes is what we want. We don't want the same game. Get over it.

The original FF7 gameplay is outdated. There is not point in re-releasing it. It would also look odd next to its more recently released new chapters.

And just because you don't agree with does not make it incoherent.

• Like 1