New Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots

Xel

people say no one wants to play the old game again (releases old game to ps4 sells extremly well and probably rakes in billions) 

people says we dont want the old fighting style (complains every time they change it to anything else)

honestly if they can do with this anything like they did with ffxv and have actual freedom to explore the world (airship over, submarine under, tunnel through, chocobo across) id be fairly happy with it im mainly looking forward to nanaki aka redxiii

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hyakulegger said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. You just want little improvements on the same game? There are hacks out there, and you can also make your own hack. Don't wish the remake to be ruined, just for your needy little wish.

Heck, there's even a re-translation hack that gets the parts that matter right!

(Or like... if they made FF7 as an CG/anime action movie. ...uh... wait a minute. :o)

(...They wouldn't. Would they?)

Not it is not. The point of a FF7 remake is to re-experience the story differently. Trust me, there WILL be retcons, story changes, gameplay changes. and many other things you won't be used to. Fundamental changes is what we want. We don't want the same game. Get over it.

The original FF7 gameplay is outdated. There is not point in re-releasing it. It would also look odd next to its more recently released new chapters.

And just because you don't agree with does not make it incoherent.

What I am talking about is remaking the game without fundamentally changing it, not just some small updates, patches, fixes or DLC etc.

That movie is not supposed to be a remake, so I don't know why you even bring it up. In fact, it doesn't even tell the same story.

You say it's outdated, while I'd say it's just old. The newer stuff they've done is in most ways not better, just worse and less. Yes, I want much of the same gameplay.

It's not because I don't agree with you that I said it was not coherent, it was more to the point of you not addressing what I said. It was like you read what was written, had a preconceived idea what to respond and wrote that out ignoring what I had already said to counter it. That is pretty incoherent.

Yes, I know it will change a shit ton and do away with what made the original great, and so for that reason I'm not excited about this game. For me this is a huge disappointment. I'm not interested in their newer games, as I've said before, they're worse and less in most ways, and most of the gameplay sacrifices are done for two reasons.

1. To look better.

2. Target casual audience.

And you can tell how embarrassed they are about what made them known and big in the first place, that they feel the need to add in-game cheats in the latest re-releases. Pathetic and a slap in the face to the fans that made them as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MMDE said:

That movie is not supposed to be a remake, so I don't know why you even bring it up. In fact, it doesn't even tell the same story.

duh.

You missed entirely the point. I brought it up because Dirge and Crisis Core were clearly influenced by Advent Children's action oriented story telling, and so will the remake.

What I am talking about is remaking the game without fundamentally changing it, not just some small updates, patches, fixes or DLC etc.

Hacks. Go get them. Or make your own.

You say it's outdated, while I'd say it's just old. The newer stuff they've done is in most ways not better, just worse and less. Yes, I want much of the same gameplay.

This is not what you're gonna get. If you're that desperate to play the same game again, you could just... you know... replay FF7.

It's not because I don't agree with you that I said it was not coherent, it was more to the point of you not addressing what I said. It was like you read what was written, had a preconceived idea what to respond and wrote that out ignoring what I had already said to counter it. That is pretty incoherent.

I replied to the parts I wanted to reply. Not because I quote your post means that I wanted to address every point. And telling others you don't want to be told something isn't making what you don't want to hear incoherent.

Yes, I know it will change a shit ton and do away with what made the original great, and so for that reason I'm not excited about this game. For me this is a huge disappointment. I'm not interested in their newer games, as I've said before, they're worse and less in most ways, and most of the gameplay sacrifices are done for two reasons.

1. To look better.

2. Target casual audience.

1. Bullshit. This is a 2017 game. You know it would have looked better even if they kept the original's gameplay.

2. Prove it.

You can add point 3.

3: Make a proper remake instead of just an enhanced port.

And you can tell how embarrassed they are about what made them known and big in the first place, that they feel the need to add in-game cheats in the latest re-releases. Pathetic and a slap in the face to the fans that made them as far as I'm concerned.

The only reason they feel like they're walking on eggs is because you snowflakes think you're so special and entitled that Square has to cater to every little needs you have. The "in-game" cheats you mentioned, as well as your feeling of entitlement are proof of that. As a proud FF fan since FF3 on SNES, I welcome FF7 Remake with an open mind. In fact, it looks like everything I've ever wished.

Get on with the times. Or just keep playing FF7.

----

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

people say no one wants to play the old game again (releases old game to ps4 sells extremly well and probably rakes in billions) 

people says we dont want the old fighting style (complains every time they change it to anything else)

Of course it's going to sell. FF sells, whether it's new shit or old shit. There isn't just ONE kind of FF fan.

And of course there's people covered in spider webs that will complain for every change. There will always be some of those.

Edited by Hyakulegger

6 hours ago, Hyakulegger said:

duh.

You missed entirely the point. I brought it up because Dirge and Crisis Core were clearly influenced by Advent Children's action oriented story telling, and so will the remake.

Hacks. Go get them. Or make your own.

This is not what you're gonna get. If you're that desperate to play the same game again, you could just... you know... replay FF7.

I replied to the parts I wanted to reply. Not because I quote your post means that I wanted to address every point. And telling others you don't want to be told something isn't making what you don't want to hear incoherent.

1. Bullshit. You know it would have look better even if they kept the original's gameplay.

2. Prove it.

You can add point 3.

3: Make a proper remake instead of just an enhanced port.

They only reason they feel like they're walking on eggs is because you snowflakes think you're so special and entitled that Square has to cater to every little needs you have. The "in-game" cheats you mentioned, as well as your feeling of entitlement are proof of that. As a proud FF fan since FF3 on SNES, I welcome FF7 Remake with an open mind. In fact, it looks like everything I've ever wished.

Get on with the times. Or just keep playing FF7.

Perhaps the reason I missed the point is that you make incoherent arguments. What I see coming from you is talking points. You said, "if they made FF7 as an CG/anime action movie". We were talking about remaking a game, not some action movie that wasn't even telling the story in the game. Those other games are also not remakes of the first game, or even telling the same story.

The hacks comment is also just another talking point. Sorry, but that's not what I'm looking for, I want a remake. And while you seem to think hacks is what I want, then why would I need to make them myself? Me purchasing a game is me paying for someone to make it. I want to pay someone to do it. It's their IP, they should do it.

Nobody is denying that it would look better if they did it today, but they won't. That's the problem. They won't, and why is that? Oh, that's right, to make it look better. Example: Where is the world map? The world map, when done correctly, can be a great gameplay device. Of course they removed it to make it to look better.

Example 2: What happened to the big cities with tons of people to talk to and things to explore etc? Yeah, that costs too much to do a lot of when you gotta add voice acting and model the entire city, textures etc. 

Streamlined leveling system? Lack of customization? Less tactical and more action-oriented. Definitely not aimed at people with shorter attention span.

What about the "continue" screen when you die? No consequences of dying. No micro management of HP/MP/items, because you refill after each battle. etc It's dumbed down and streamlined for casual play.

Oh, and what about the lack of control of your party? Yeah, this is to make the action oriented stuff more fluid. This aspect removes a lot of the gameplay that used to be there. Why? Because it was slow, not enough happened and wasn't as pleasing to the eye etc. Sacrificed gameplay, but at least in more action oriented games you get some other kind of gameplay back. In the case of FF13, it was replaced with just something not far off from being called QTE. Anyway, if you want active time battle (active turn based) or action, that's preference, and I personally prefer the former, which is what the FF games are known for and is one of the things that made Square what it is.

Who do you think has been asking for a remake ever since they did the PS3 demo? :S People who loved the original game? For the most part, I'd say so.

What do you think people who loved the original game want in the remake? An improved version of what they loved? For the most part, I'd say so. Take into consideration the rather overwhelming dislike many of the older fans have for the newer games, it is rather obvious these people didn't want that in their remake. The action oriented games you spoke of earlier, they didn't sell anywhere near as well, and aren't considered that great or anything. I bought them and have played them, but perhaps I shouldn't say I played them, because I stopped rather early on and never returned. I got the movie too, and it was pretty bad with a couple of cool mindless action scenes.

When people initially saw the PS3 demo, what they were asking for was the same game with those graphics. If Square wants these people's money, they know what to do, but they are embarrassed about the gameplay, they think it's old, outdated and won't sell. They add the cheats so people don't need to bother with it. FF9 got the worst cheats of all, with max level and max gold cheats etc. Max level is kinda garbage though, as it ignores how the leveling system works. And you agree. I and many others who love the old gameplay is voicing our opinion on what we actually want. What we want to pay for them to make. They are for the most part ignoring that, which is their choice. This is why I'm so excited for and happy about their new dev team called "Tokyo RPG Factory", which ever since the team was announced at E3 they seem to be focusing on catering to this user base.

You seem to have this strange opinion that someone is entitled if they state what one wants to pay for.

FF3 on SNES? You mean FF6. FF3 is actually one game I haven't played, and that's mostly because it never got any official translation until very recently, where they remade the game properly. I should play that though, but the NES era FF games aren't as great as their SNES and PS1 era games, and they released it on platforms I don't play on.

It's not like I don't understand that the new game is not going to be like the old. I realized this a long time ago, which is why I'm not excited about it. I don't want what they do with their new games. I look at the screenshots and videos, and voice my opinion on it.

If you want my opinion on FFXIII, it was okay. Not terrible, not great. It wasn't much different from the older games, just less and worse in most regards.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

well i been playing final fantasy all my life i have at some point or other played every last ne of the main numbered series and i loved the older ones 10 kinda pissed me off it was to linear and no world map it was jsut bad had some good characters but it was bad 12 omg i hate that game i might replay this new remaster maybe ill find something good in it i dunno 13 was alright i liked the plot and characters combat tho was just bad but 15 i did enjoy and i tink its a step into the right direction

and this comes from someone who grew up with the games starting before i even started right when the 1st games made it into america and greedily grabbed each after it 

the original 7 was good i still prefer 8 but 7 has a place in my heart but i felt like they coulda don better and maybe with this new one they can ill give it a chance

2 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

the original 7 was good i still prefer 8 but 7 has a place in my heart but i felt like they coulda don better and maybe with this new one they can ill give it a chance

FF8 is a black sheep in the series as far as I'm concerned, a bit like FF2 in that regard. FF8 has a broken battle system and a story line with plot issues. Love the game though.

Just now, MMDE said:

Perhaps the reason I missed the point is that you make incoherent arguments. What I see coming from you is talking points. You said, "if they made FF7 as an CG/anime action movie". We were talking about remaking a game, not some action movie that wasn't even telling the story in the game. Those other games are also not remakes of the first game, or even telling the same story.

You missed the point yet again. All I said was that the new games were influenced by the action oriented story telling of AC. I didn't say anything about the stories of the game.

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

The hacks comment is also just another talking point. Sorry, but that's not what I'm looking for, I want a remake. And while you seem to think that is what I want, then why would I need to make them myself? Me purchasing a game is me paying for someone to make it. I want to pay someone to do it. It's their IP, they should do it.

What you want is a just a little more than enhanced port. That's not what a complete remake is. And nobody wants to play a quasi-similar FF7. After all these years, there is not point in doing this.

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Nobody is denying that it would look better if they did it today, but they won't. That's the problem. They won't, and why is that? Oh, that's right, to make it look better. Example: Where is the world map? The world map, when done correctly, can be a great gameplay device. Of course they removed it to make it to look better.

You want to pin in on the graphics, clearly. What have they done to you? xD You need to understand that, different =/= automatically worse.

5 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Streamlined leveling system? Lack of customization? Less tactical and more action-oriented. Definitely not aimed at people with shorter attention span.

Shorter attention span? I bet you can beat Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 2 on highest difficulty while doing jumping jacks... or some shit?

Then again, different =/= automatically worse.

9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Who do you think has been asking for a remake ever since they did the PS3 demo? :S People who loved the original game? For the most part, I'd say so.

A lot of people I know who loved the original don't care about remaking what they think is an excellent game. And that goes of a lot of games. Ever since I saw Advent Children, I wanted a remake. There's not point in remaking FF7 the same way, though. Anybody can potentially make his own HD remaster. Square Enix are the only ones who can do what they are doing with FF7 presently.

13 minutes ago, MMDE said:

What do you think people who loved the original game want in the remake? An improved version of what they loved?

No. Because there isn't a point to do what has already been done.

15 minutes ago, MMDE said:

For the most part, I'd say so. Take into consideration the rather overwhelming dislike many of the older fans have for the newer games, it is rather obvious these people didn't want that in their remake.

The small fraction of elitist pricks with no imagination that aren't able to move on are not the majority of the FF fan base, despite them being numerous. They don't speak for the majority of the FF7 hardcore fans either.

19 minutes ago, MMDE said:

When people initially saw the PS3 demo, what they were asking for was the same game with those graphics.

Wroooooong. Not everybody.

21 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I and many others do love the old gameplay is voicing our opinion on what we actually want. What we want to pay for them to make. They are for the most part ignoring that, which is their choice. This is why I'm so excited for and happy about their new dev team called "Tokyo RPG Factory", which ever since the team was announced on E3 seems to be focusing on catering to this user base.

You guys aren't the majority. And Square Enix can do what they want, there will still ALWAYS be a bunch or crybaby snowflakes who will be discontent with ANYTHING they do.

23 minutes ago, MMDE said:

You seem to have this strange opinion that someone is entitled if they state what one wants to pay for.

You seem to have this strange opinion that Square Enix should do everything you want and for you only. You didn't buy anything yet. See?

24 minutes ago, MMDE said:

FF3 on SNES? You mean FF6. FF3 is actually one game I haven't played, and that's mostly because it never got any official translation until very recently, where they remade the game properly. I should play that though, but the NES era FF games aren't as great as their SNES and PS1 era games.

That's right, FF3 on SNES. And I do agree with that.

I'd like to introduce you to Maximillian Dood.

His favorite game (not just FF) of all time is Final Fantasy 7.

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

FF8 is a black sheep in the series as far as I'm concerned, a bit like FF2 in that regard. FF8 has a broken battle system and a story line with plot issues. Love the game though.

are you saying its broken because you couldnt figure it out or get used to it? cause all the times ive played it never felt broken just took some getting used to but most new ideas do  and atleast t didnt have a plot that went something like amnesiac soldier gets drafted into a anarchist group later after exhibiting super human fighting styles etc is revealed he was never anything but a grunt without much soldier training if any (where did he get this abilities since he was never in soldier?) seems to have a hard on for a long sworded weirdo he met once.... has memories from a guy he barely knew? our greatest enemy is beaten in afew minutes by an attack our hero should not be able to pull off from aformentioned lack f training or power  and everything is saved but not really 

atleast in 8 our heros are established and trained and theres a plot that makes pretty good sense once u really learn whats going on and it had a freakin awesome card minigame that i still love and they actually turned into an online multiplayer thing using other square enix and game icons as cards

2 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

what i hope to get out of this remake is more of vincent and cait sith i want to knw more about the characters besides that they are there and id like a little more story on zack if possible abit more on red xiii over all i want more of tthe stuff i loved but im open to new stuff too

Did you play Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus? The former explains everything about Zack while in the latter we see Reeve (Cait) in person a lot more.

11 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

are you saying its broken because you couldnt figure it out or get used to it? cause all the times ive played it never felt broken just took some getting used to but most new ideas do  and atleast t didnt have a plot that went something like amnesiac soldier gets drafted into a anarchist group later after exhibiting super human fighting styles etc is revealed he was never anything but a grunt without much soldier training if any (where did he get this abilities since he was never in soldier?) seems to have a hard on for a long sworded weirdo he met once.... has memories from a guy he barely knew? our greatest enemy is beaten in afew minutes by an attack our hero should not be able to pull off from aformentioned lack f training or power  and everything is saved but not really 

atleast in 8 our heros are established and trained and theres a plot that makes pretty good sense once u really learn whats going on and it had a freakin awesome card minigame that i still love and they actually turned into an online multiplayer thing using other square enix and game icons as cards

I figured it all out just fine. I've played it through at least twice, and one time I did near perfect run. I'm saying broken, because once you actually understood it, it was too easy and just didn't work well. Too easy to take advantage of too. Some neat ideas, but I'm not sure they were even poorly implemented.

The issues with the plot line is well known, and if you need a break down of it, just google for it.

Edited by MMDE

i'm just gonna chip in on the whole debate of what fans really want from the ff7 remake and make an example. honestly, i think the truth is that people who act entitled or feel like it is really in the minority. when RE7 was announced, i saw so many comments bitching and moaning about how it wasn't a proper RE game and how it should've gone back to third person and so on... now after it was released and as more people has actually played it, guess what? alot of positive feedback on the game now, most people really love the new direction.

i understand why some would like to live in the past and yes the developers are targeting a new audience obviously but at the same time i don't think they're doing it to be an ass to die-hard fans. it's just the way the world works. if you never experiment or take chances in life, you're getting nowhere. i personally think the combat and the direction from what i've seen for ff7 remake looks pretty damn good, how it unfolds in the end, well only time will tell. it might suck ass or it might be damn awesome. that's the chance you're taking when remaking a beloved game.

much like trophy hunters and "die-hard" fans, you're sadly in the miniority. it sucks to hear it, i don't like to hear it either but that's the truth.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hyakulegger said:

Did you play Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus? The former explains everything about Zack while in the latter we see Reeve (Cait) in person a lot more.

yes i did play both i ment it would be nice to have more details in a main game and done better than the hand held and ps2 games respectivly and didnt crisis core leave afew loose ends?

Just now, Taliesin_2943 said:

yes i did play both i ment it would be nice to have more details in a main game and done better than the hand held and ps2 games respectivly

Agreed! And I'm SURE they will!

1 minute ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

didnt crisis core leave afew loose ends?

Mmmm... If you meant the short period of time between CC's end and FF7's beginning... yeah, I guess. But do we want to see all of it, particularly? I don't know.

11 minutes ago, Hyakulegger said:

Agreed! And I'm SURE they will!

Mmmm... If you meant the short period of time between CC's end and FF7's beginning... yeah, I guess. But do we want to see all of it, particularly? I don't know.

i mean with genesis what with him seeming to be on par with sepheroth and sepheroth having 1 wing and genesis having the opposite wing etc its those kinds of loose ends i wish they would explain or elaborate on

5 hours ago, Hyakulegger said:

You missed the point yet again. All I said was that the new games were influenced by the action oriented story telling of AC. I didn't say anything about the stories of the game.

What you want is a just a little more than enhanced port. That's not what a complete remake is. And nobody wants to play a quasi-similar FF7. After all these years, there is not point in doing this.

You want to pin in on the graphics, clearly. What have they done to you? xD You need to understand that, different =/= automatically worse.

Shorter attention span? I bet you can beat Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 2 on highest difficulty while doing jumping jacks... or some shit?

Then again, different =/= automatically worse.

A lot of people I know who loved the original don't care about remaking what they think is an excellent game. And that goes of a lot of games. Ever since I saw Advent Children, I wanted a remake. There's not point in remaking FF7 the same way, though. Anybody can potentially make his own HD remaster. Square Enix are the only ones who can do what they are doing with FF7 presently.

No. Because there isn't a point to do what has already been done.

The small fraction of elitist pricks with no imagination that aren't able to move on are not the majority of the FF fan base, despite them being numerous. They don't speak for the majority of the FF7 hardcore fans either.

Wroooooong. Not everybody.

You guys aren't the majority. And Square Enix can do what they want, there will still ALWAYS be a bunch or crybaby snowflakes who will be discontent with ANYTHING they do.

You seem to have this strange opinion that Square Enix should do everything you want and for you only. You didn't buy anything yet. See?

That's right, FF3 on SNES. And I do agree with that.

I'd like to introduce you to Maximillian Dood.

His favorite game (not just FF) of all time is Final Fantasy 7.

I don't miss the point, I'm telling you it's irrelevant.

You say people don't want to play a "quasi-similar" FF7 game, but honestly, that's what a lot of people would prefer. Be honest, you know a lot of people want it too, so don't be dishonest. And remaking can be many things, but one thing it is certainly not is making something else. I want to see the game being remade with the current technology. Imagine how good it could look, sound and play etc. Imagine all the extra content they could include.

Who says different is worse? Please don't put words in my mouth, it's rather dishonest. I'm saying as someone who loved the original, that I want to experience more of that. Imagine the game being made with the current technology and with the current additional lore. :D But even if this is what a lot of fans have been asking after for 10 years, and when they finally announce they are going to make it, the first thing we learn is that they instead feel the need to fundamentally change the game for the sake of doing so. Sorry, but I'm as interested in the game they are making as I'm for their newer games, and that's not a whole lot.

But let's be real here, why would you remake the game? If they are going to change everything, they might as well make a different game and not be restricted by the original. Do you think they will do a great job with the story? Can't say they have been great with that lately either.

Not sure how many times I gotta tell you this, but no, I'm not interested in hacks or mods. I want it remade from the core, just like they currently do, but without fundamentally changing the game. Furthermore, no, not everyone can "HD remaster" a game, because of IP laws. No, a remake has not been made yet, only mods and hacks etc.

Small fraction of elitist pricks is numerous?! Please stop being dishonest.

Again, more dishonesty from you. I never said "everybody", and you make a point about saying I'm wrong for saying that. I am rather tired of you not responding to what I am actually saying. You keep bringing up talking points I've no doubt you've heard somewhere. Sorry, but they don't actually address what I'm saying. Process what is being said, and think for yourself a little bit.

Not sure why you felt the need to iterate the point I made about how Square Enix can do whatever they want.

I'm not discontent with everything Square Enix does... :S But I do think they've generally gotten worse since the merge. It used to be so that I loved pretty much anything they released.

Again you bring up another straw man... I never said they should do everything I want and only for me... Where do you even get this from??? I voice my opinion on what I want to pay for, and you call this entitlement. Please stop the dishonest crap, it's tiresome.

You show me some fanboy who probably eats up everything he's given. Yeah, I'm not so interested, and you pretty much spam the thread with it. You criticize because you care.

After this I'm not so interested in responding to you anymore, because you've repeatedly shown to not respond to what I'm saying, misrepresent me, bring up irrelevant talking points, just in general not listening whatsoever and called me names etc. (Dishonest conversations is a waste of time.)

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

People asked for a remake ie what we got with capcom remaking the first Resident Evil game. It stuck to how it played and provided better voices overs and gave the graphics a very nice upgrade and changed a few things around within the game but it still was recognizable as how the first Resident Evil game was.

What we're getting here is a reimagining of Final Fantasy VII which is not what fans were actually asking for. A lot of fans were asking for a remake similar to what capcom did with Resident Evil. Not change how the game is played. And before anyone says get FF VII on PC and get mods/mod it yourself that's not even remotely what I'm asking for. I want FF VII that looks exactly like what the reimagining looks like now but plays closer to what it was when it was released on the PS1, not a Kingdom Hearts clone. If I want to play Kingdom Hearts, I'll pop in Kingdom Hearts, not Final Fantasy.

Also, here's to a realistic release date of 3743

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3
  • Like 1

I think it's funny that people spend a considerable chunk of their day arguing with some random strangers about an opinion. 

You won't get the other one to think like you. The Internet is full of stubborn people who can't accept different opinions. Deal with it and grow up.

Topic: KH 3 looks visually pleasing to me. Like, I wanna hold someone hostage and just show him/her Kingdom Hearts 3 footage + OST Music all day long and scream like a loony ''DO YOU GET IT?!?!''

With a soft tear in my eye.

You feel me?

Edited by Joker

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

I don't miss the point, I'm telling you it's irrelevant.

It is not. You probably did miss it.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

You say people don't want to play a "quasi-similar" FF7 game, but honestly, that's what a lot of people would prefer.

Who? Seriously, who? Almost nobody.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

Be honest, you know a lot of people want it too, so don't be dishonest. And remaking can be many things, but one thing it is certainly not is making something else. I want to see the game being remade with the current technology. Imagine how good it could look, sound and play etc. Imagine all the extra content they could include.

Nobody cares about what you want. Not even Square Enix.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

Who says different is worse? Please don't put words in my mouth, it's rather dishonest. I'm saying as someone who loved the original, that I want to experience more of that. Imagine the game being made with the current technology and with the current additional lore. :D But even if this is what a lot of fans have been asking after for 10 years, and when they finally announce they are going to make it, the first thing we learn is that they instead feel the need to fundamentally change the game for the sake of doing so. Sorry, but I'm as interested in the game they are making as I'm for their newer games, and that's not a whole lot.

You basically assume everything Square will do will suck if it's not.  And stop bringing "fans want this". You guys are a small fraction of people stuck in time that don't matter.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

But let's be real here, why would you remake the game? If they are going to change everything, they might as well make a different game and not be restricted by the original. Do you think they will do a great job with the story? Can't say they have been great with that lately either.

BUT THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE DOING. A NEW GAME. And stop assuming it will automatically bad just because you didn't like this or that. It's just your opinion and no one cares.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

I want it remade from the core, just like they currently do, but without fundamentally changing the game. Furthermore, no, not everyone can "HD remaster" a game, because of IP laws. No, a remake has not been made yet, only mods and hacks etc.

Stop being selfish. If you want your own HD Remaster, do it.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

Small fraction of elitist pricks is numerous?! Please stop being dishonest

It's the truth. Just deal with it.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

Again, more dishonesty from you. I never said "everybody", and you make a point about saying I'm wrong for saying that. I am rather tired of you not responding to what I am actually saying. You keep bringing up talking points I've no doubt you've heard somewhere. Sorry, but they don't actually address what I'm saying. Process what is being said, and think for yourself a little bit.

You're the one who's dishonest. Take your head out your ass and see the light just for a little while.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

Not sure why you felt the need to iterate the point I made about how Square Enix can do whatever they want.

Because you don't seem to realize it yourself.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

I'm not discontent with everything Square Enix does... :S But I do think they've generally gotten worse since the merge. It used to be so that I loved pretty much anything they released.

All I've heard from the beginning is negativity. And you assume the next things will be bad just because the previous were bad.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

Again you bring up another straw man... I never said they should do everything I want and only for me... Where do you even get this from??? I voice my opinion on what I want to pay for, and you call this entitlement. Please stop the dishonest crap, it's tiresome.

Yeah, I guess being stubborn and stuck in time is tiresome. Straw Man? He's got more subscribers than you'll ever have in 50 lifetimes. I haven't heard you give any example of actual people wanting the same shit as you do. And calling me dishonest won't make your point any less shittier. In fact, you don't even have a point.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

You show me some fanboy who probably eats up everything he's given. Yeah, I'm not so interested, and you pretty much spam the thread with it. You criticize because you care.

You can keep being hipster and reek of desperation and cheese. Nobody cares. People are happy and are hyped with the remake.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

Yeah yeah yeah... He's just a 6 cent fanboy, Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And you're a pro FG player with 584000 subscribers on Youtube. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. xD

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

After this I'm not so interested in responding to you anymore, because you've repeatedly shown to not respond to what I'm saying, misrepresent me, bring up irrelevant talking points, just in general not listening whatsoever and called me names etc. (Dishonest conversations is a waste of time.)

I'm totally fine with you staying quiet. Debunking you was like debunking a 4 years old kid talking about space.

Edited by Hyakulegger

1 hour ago, Qu1ck57r1k3 said:

A lot of fans were asking for a remake similar to what capcom did with Resident Evil. Not change how the game is played.

Great! I'm glad I'm not one of them! These people should play FF7 again or make their own HD Remaster and not try to ruin the remake for everyone, since Square are the only ones who can do what they're doing right now.

Anyway, there will ALWAYS be crybabies discontent with anything.