Trophy thoughts

BlazingCat83

Haven't played this on steam and

QRzlrud.png

WHOA.

Also, if these ones are not stackable I'm gonna be pretty mad.

UhBqTmO.png

PD: fix this, it's not funny.

ZDxqZGF.png

Edited by RemiXounD
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

>Nightmare boss rush trophy

Well, there goes any hope I had for getting the platinum.

It's not hard with Hugo, though it will take some practice  If the EX versions are still present, go for EX Hugo because he has a bit more range and is the easiest to do nightmare boss rush with because you can keep some distance which allows you a bit more leeway.

Honestly, this looks like a pretty doable set and I'd be willing to double dip on the game with this, but I'll have to get the Vita version when it comes out.  The Steam version definitely has a much harder set and I 100%ed that.  Though Nightmare Arena is going to be tricky as are the no death ones (and weren't present on Steam, so I have no tips there beyond taking it slow and careful).  All blessings with every character doesn't have a difficulty requirement, so that's likely best on very easy unless the bug that gives insane amounts of SP in nightmare is still present in this version, if so that's an easy one.

For the max level one, there's actually a good grinding spot near the boss of the second area in the room to the left of the Roo.  I know end game that seems odd, but you can beat the enemies fast and earn more XP per minute there than anywhere else in the game because you'll be one shotting them and can just go back and forth beating them at insane speeds.  Probably best to do with Toal since he's faster and his path is the one you'll benefit from it the most on.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Though Nightmare Arena is going to be tricky as are the no death ones (and weren't present on Steam, so I have no tips there beyond taking it slow and careful).

The No Death-run should be rather easy as you can choose Normal, Hard OR Nightmare and any of the characters. So if you grind a little bit it should be no problem.

@list:

Overall it seems much more doable than the Steam-achievements. Still it has some annoying trophies like Encyclopedist. That reminds me of my progress for the achievements on Steam before I lost my motivation:

Spoiler

6zNwWhs.png

6 hours ago, RemiXounD said:

Also, if these ones are not stackable I'm gonna be pretty mad.

UhBqTmO.png

On Steam they are stackable. I assume DotEmu won't do it differently.

33 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

The No Death-run should be rather easy as you can choose Normal, Hard OR Nightmare and any of the characters. So if you grind a little bit it should be no problem.

@list:

Overall it seems much more doable than the Steam-achievements. Still it has some annoying trophies like Encyclopedist. That reminds me of my progress for the achievements on Steam before I lost my motivation:

Reveal hidden contents

6zNwWhs.png

On Steam they are stackable. I assume DotEmu won't do it differently.

It's hard to say if they will be stackable or not since some games do make them stackable and some don't.  Three runs minimum will be needed anyhow, potentially six (thee of which have to be on nightmare) if the one to get all items in the upgrade shop includes the bonus arena area and Yunica's school girl outfit (assuming same requirements as the Steam version, since we know the lowered requirements from the original PC version was done by Falcom's request).  The last couple of unlocks in the upgrade shop have some pretty insane requirements.  It probably will still be an ultra or very rare plat and likely at least 100+ hours.  But still much more doable than the PC set.

8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

It's not hard with Hugo, though it will take some practice  If the EX versions are still present, go for EX Hugo because he has a bit more range and is the easiest to do nightmare boss rush with because you can keep some distance which allows you a bit more leeway.

Honestly, this looks like a pretty doable set and I'd be willing to double dip on the game with this, but I'll have to get the Vita version when it comes out.  The Steam version definitely has a much harder set and I 100%ed that.  Though Nightmare Arena is going to be tricky as are the no death ones (and weren't present on Steam, so I have no tips there beyond taking it slow and careful).  All blessings with every character doesn't have a difficulty requirement, so that's likely best on very easy unless the bug that gives insane amounts of SP in nightmare is still present in this version, if so that's an easy one.

For the max level one, there's actually a good grinding spot near the boss of the second area in the room to the left of the Roo.  I know end game that seems odd, but you can beat the enemies fast and earn more XP per minute there than anywhere else in the game because you'll be one shotting them and can just go back and forth beating them at insane speeds.  Probably best to do with Toal since he's faster and his path is the one you'll benefit from it the most on.

Thanks for the advice, but I probably won't even try to get some of the trophies. It's just not worth the frustration for me. I couldn't even beat the game on nightmare with Toal. After dying a million times to the final boss, I just gave up and started the whole game over on hard.

Wow the Trophy Images, are you sure this is a YS game cause I remember the trophy icons for the 2 YS games and it looks very different from this one xD

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2291-ys-memories-of-celceta

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5104-イースviii-lacrimosa-of-dana

sooo.. like, at least 3 runs needed for the plat... Difficulty base trophies (wonder if there is going to be NG+ carry over stuffs like MoC)... My main issue with this one is if this is going to have missable trophies like MoC...

On 2/20/2017 at 0:51 PM, milanbarca82 said:

How hard is the game compared to "YS Memories of Celceta" and "YS Seven"?
They are the only Ys games I've played so far.
Is its difficulty fair or unfair?  I don't mind a little bit of a challenge if it's fair and doable.

Harder than Celceta and Seven.  You don't have a party and don't have some of the cheese maneuvers like flash blocking.  It is a fair level of hardness though because like Celceta and Seven you can get past a hard boss by gaining levels and learning patterns.  Sometimes the issue is even missing an equipment upgrade.  The hardest things are going to be arena mode and boss rush because those have set levels.

I can especially vouch for it being a fair level of hardness.  I'm not that great at the game, but I was able to 100% the Steam version which has some insanely hard achievements.  It just took a ton of practice and learning patterns to get down how to beat nightmare boss rush with all the characters.  Be glad this version doesn't have that for an achievement.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Nice, nice.

We may actually end up having physical version.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/ys-origin-ps4-ps-vita-multi-language-physical-version-listed-play-asia

Since I missed Celceta, I'm definitely getting it.

Awesome, I'll definitely pick this up if it turns out to be real.

You missed Celceta? You mean you don't have a physical copy!? :blink: Come on, Satoshi! Even I have one of those. :P