How to get impressed by an opponent trophy cabinet?

kashu_ryo

How to get respect as a gamer?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How do somebody earn your respect?

• Have a lot of trophies. not that rare
    • Have a small amount of trophies but this are all that rare plats like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, etc.

I think they mean site reputation that one I have no idea from what I gathered you just got to be active and if people like the post that you do it gives you reputation points but if that's not what you mean then I have no idea lol 

Edited by DmonicExorcist66

Play the games that you enjoy and that interest you, without caring much about the difficulty of the trophies. Harder challenges are, usually, very enjoyable if you like the game you are playing, so that will give you some rarer trophies as well. Just keep a profile that is loyal to who you are as a gamer and I think that's a good start to have respect from other players. :)

• Like 2

Measuring the kind of respect you're about to give to someone by their "hard" trophies is pretty fucking dumb :P, you can check on most of these "hardcore" gamers profiles and it's by law that they have a pretty shitty behavior, same happens in the speed running community and pretty much every other thing in life, respect is given by how you behave NOT by the "hard" shit you've done :P 

• Like 4

Don't cheat.

Now, on topic. Even when you see that this site looks like it is mainly about hunting trophies, it's about gaming in general.

In fact, even more diverse if you check categories as Stadium or Other.

So, unless that I'm wrong you won't find filters with "hunting" criteria, comparing many gamers at one time, and things like that.

Members don't achieve trophies for respect (the respect you're talking about in your topic, which could be written in other way, but I got your point). 

Here people mostly check and shows their progress and work together participating in many events to reduce our backlogs.

So, I think that you'll find a lot more answers and votes in a "hardcore trophy hunting community" than here.

1 hour ago, kuuhaku said:

Neither. Respect comes from within.

Lol this is my favorite

Respect hmm :hmm:

Don't lie, actions speak louder than words. And never hit a lady(unless you're a lady, in which case notify me early so I can get the popcorn:popcorn:

No trophy makes you become a pro at that game. I don't like that you've had to use Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 as your example for hard platinums, that game in particular has a lot of exploits that help terrible gamers get the platinum, I would know because I've helped over 100 of them Lol. This video shows a bunch of those exploits that people use and even after using them, they will still go on the forums and say it is a 10/10 platinum. Now with relevance to this thread, I don't simply respect someone for having a good trophy list, I don't ass lick people just because they want to look like a God of gaming. A lot of my friends are people who couldn't care less about trophies and some of my friends with a low trophy count have been some of the best people to play a game with. A lot of the people who have 5 plats and needed my help with NGS2 have been better than those who have 50 ultra rare plats, trophies don't define gaming skill.  

• Like 3

It's all about just putting in the time honestly.

Play games, play sessions with people, join Competitions or forum events, talk to people, maybe make a guide if that's something you would be comfortable with.

Eventually you'll start recognising people on the site and even become friends with some of them, it's all about how much you choose to involve yourself.

It doesn't matter if you stumble upon the site with an account with over 300 Plats, nobody will care much because they've never heard of you before.

• Like 1

If I have to pick between the two, I say the one with less trophies that are more rare. Because anybody can turn on a game and get easy trophies just like that. But I wouldn't necessarily respect someone less just because they have more trophies but on an easier scale -- or based on their trophies period. I think the word "praise" is more appropriate. 

• Like 1

I respect anyone who makes effort to set and accomplish goals be it to just beat the story mode of a campaign or go full-on platinuming. Any number of platinums deserves respect, even "easy" ones, it's still a shiny and nobody should denigrate you for that. However, if I have 80 plats but none of them were particularly taxing (some of them certainly WERE for me) but some pissant comes along with 1 plat but it's something like Killzone 2 or Ninja Gaiden Sigma and says they are better than me for it, they can go eat a shoe.

Edited by MeteorHawk
  • Like 1

Treat people how you expect to be treated in return. There's tons of people that have a fuckload of trophies and I don't respect them at all.

Trophies are not a measurement of respect. Anybody can collect thousands of them. It all depends on how little a life you have that really pulls it away...

• Like 3