How to get impressed by an opponent trophy cabinet?

kashu_ryo

How to get respect as a gamer?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How do somebody earn your respect?

• Have a lot of trophies. not that rare
    • Have a small amount of trophies but this are all that rare plats like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, etc.

56 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Torphies don't earn yourself respect as a gamer , the way you act with others gamers and also non-gamers is a much better plus in esrn yourself some respect . 

This poll is neglecting some important points to consider in that regard . 

That's a solid point. For instance, you could earn respect by participating in boosting sessions for games you've already completed. Well deserved respect people who do that. Not to mention the people who sign up and don't show up at all who lose respect for not honoring their commitment.

Of course, this is just one of many examples...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

Sorry I don't know what that means. If you mean the exchange of money for trophies then to each their own. I was referring to a quote:

That's actually pretty darn close lol. Visual novels can be quickly platinumed in a few hours if you don't care about the story and only the trophies. Or don't care because you can't read Japanese because you imported them. 

But more importantly 

image.png

Edited by Dav9834

As many others have said, trophies themselves don't garner respect.  You could have every ultra-rare trophy out there, but if you act like a prick when you're playing with others and look down on those who are less skilled than yourself, then you're due no respect.  I agree with Beyondthegrave07 - things like offering tips and assistance to other gamers, or helping out in boosting sessions for games that you've already done, are more likely to elevate your standing in other people's eyes.

Respect, along with trust and friendship, has to be earned.  You don't just give these things out freely.  You wouldn't be expected to extend your respect to someone you saw driving a nice car, for example.  You wouldn't think to yourself, "I respect him/her because I like their car.  I want to be their friend". The same holds true for someone's trophy/achievement collection.

Edited by StewartBros
  • Like 2

I get impressed by trophy cabinets who have clever names for trophies and make some sort of combination between them that makes it look nice and/or sense or even from the same category or style of trophies that get along together. 

It's the rarity and quantity that counts but how you manage to work out your trophy cabinet with the trophies you got from your hard sweat (most of the times) to make it came to live and meaning something special specially for yourself and maybe some others along the road .

• 6 years later...