DLC

cloudleohart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Joker said:

Fucking hate this game. Glad I didn't purchase any overpriced extra edition

Still, good luck with the DLC trophies to everyone looking forward to it.

I agree and I regret that I have bought this game. To everybody who has not yet bought this game and reads this I would say DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. 

Hangar 13 has done a really bad job where several trophies are glitched. Even after several patches they still have not fixed it. This means they either don´t care about their customers or they are simply not capable fixing it. 

I know people kind of shit on DLC season passes and whatnot, but I actually think it can be a good idea in some cases. Pre-orders should come with season pass at no extra cost. This is an amazing way to make people who buy the game at launch feel like they aren't ripped off when the game some few weeks or months later is much cheaper and may even come with all the DLCs. Publishers wants you to pre-order the game or get the game at day-one. It could be a "limited edition" to pre-orders and day-one buyers, or to everyone who buys new. That way you encourage people to buy new. Of course it should come with digital versions too. People who buy used would have to buy the DLCs one by one.

Sadly, this would be abused by publishers, making them cut content even more from the game, and selling it to you as DLC. Making you feel like you need the DLCs, so you better buy it day-one/digital or buy the DLCs one by one. I'm not sure this is a bad thing when people get the DLCs for free anyway. It is however bad in the sense that more of the game is digital download, so when you no longer can access the servers to download the DLCs, and you only got the main physical release, you miss a good portion of the game. That is the case with most DLCs that isn't included on the disk. And DLC included on the disk would ruin the point of encouraging people to buy it new rather than used.

If you read this little thought piece, you probably wasted some minutes of your day on my rambling, but I hope the rest of your day will be good.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JaapertNL said:

I agree and I regret that I have bought this game. To everybody who has not yet bought this game and reads this I would say DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. 

Hangar 13 has done a really bad job where several trophies are glitched. Even after several patches they still have not fixed it. This means they either don´t care about their customers or they are simply not capable fixing it. 

Waaaayyy off topic.

I might as well give my opinion on the game right. 

The game (gameplay, story wise) is decent however it can get repetitive. I recommend buying it from the bargin bag.

Trophies shouldnt be the main reason why you shouldnt buy the game and that is mostly trough with newer games (mafia 3 included)

Anyways im looking forward to playing the dlc tommorow. DLC already downloaded. Will give my opinion about the dlc when I finished it.

On 2/22/2017 at 4:01 AM, yikkiz said:

i just wonder when will they release new patch to fix trophies glitch

On 3/27/2017 at 0:39 PM, Cleggworth said:

Any word on 1.07 fixing unobtainable trophies? Ive had this on the shelf for a few weeks waiting to go but didn't want the agro of playing it unpatched

7 hours ago, JaapertNL said:

Can someone enlighten me on these supposedly glitched trophies? I platinumed the game back when it was first released and never had any trophy glitch on me.

7 hours ago, JaapertNL said:

Suggesting to not buy a game because of some supposedly glitched trophies is stupid in my opinion.

You should play a game because it's fun and not because of the trophies.

Saying that Hangar 13 don't care for customers because they don't fix trophies is stupid as well. There are more important things to fix first. There are much more gamers who don't care for trophies at all than trophy hunters.

2 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Suggesting to not buy a game because of some supposedly glitched trophies is stupid in my opinion.

You should play a game because it's fun and not because of the trophies.

Saying that Hangar 13 don't care for customers because they don't fix trophies is stupid as well. There are more important things to fix first. There are much more gamers who don't care for trophies at all than trophy hunters.

There are a lot of things you think are stupid in you post. 

But it is good to have your own opinion. Everybody values a game differently and not everybody cares about trophies. Some players value graphics where others value the trophies. The fact is that trophies are part of a game, just as graphics are. 

I am a customer and when I buy a product I may expect it to work properly, which means the trophies as well. This is regardless if you care about trophies or not. 

Mafia 3 is simply not a good product. It has become better after a few patches (before it was unplayable) but it still runs with issues. How is that possible? I would have lost my job if I deliver time after time a profuct with issues. 

Again, in my opinion that means that they do not care about their customers or are not capable in producing a decent product. 

And btw, I would have had the same opinion as there were no issue with the trophies but for instance with the graphics. Also then there a players who say "in my opinion graphics are not important, you should buy a game for its story". It is not what somebody values about a game, it is about the quality of the whole product we buy as customers. 

3 hours ago, vegetollo7 said:

Can someone enlighten me on these supposedly glitched trophies? I platinumed the game back when it was first released and never had any trophy glitch on me.

With which patch did you finish platinum the game? The trophy related issues started with patch 1.6 

Any tip how to start DLC??, I beat the game already. today I have downloaded dlc start the game and it said "if u wanna play faster baby go to the voice" but there is nothing on the map. the additional map is block and I don't know what to do now. any help please, just dont tell me that I have to start over again 

18 minutes ago, FatyCZ said:

Any tip how to start DLC??, I beat the game already. today I have downloaded dlc start the game and it said "if u wanna play faster baby go to the voice" but there is nothing on the map. the additional map is block and I don't know what to do now. any help please, just dont tell me that I have to start over again 

You need to start a mission by talking to "the voice" he is somewhere left in the bajou area of the map. It also show as a cyan square and you can find it in your mission tab. after you activated your mission will let you in the dlc area

Soo about the dlc.

I like to break this dlc down into 3 sections (not looking at the trophies or new mechanics.)

1. The main missions take an hour to beat. I liked the destroy everything with your car mission, the rest is more of the same and pretty bland. Story is pretty predictable (well other then 1 scene i guess even the ending is cliche asf. ) Quick preview on the story, you want to get the racist sherrif and the racist southern union away from the town. Blacks in the town will get killed kinda thing.

The story isn't as good as the main game and imo not so cohesive.

After that you unlock 2 and 3.

2. Are covered side missions (I said covered because it is called 1 main mission) that takes about a quarter to half an hour. Where you do things for 3 people to finish the story. Predictable ending obviously. The only one that I enjoyed was from the preacher.

3. MJ will open a harvest area were you can harvest your drugs and sell them. It takes game time to harvest them. To harvest 1 (without upgrades) it takes atleast a quarter (I don't know the exact time). you can level up by how many money you got for harvesting drugs. The starting drugs will get you 3000$ max. From how far I am in the game now level 1 -> 2 takes 1000$ and 2-3 takes 10000$. Only to get to level 3 will take you to harvest 4 times atleast with the starting drugs. You can modify your drugs too to make them faster or have a higher purity (same as upgrading the lab.) Getting max herbalism will be a grind to get.

I like the concept of herbalism harvesting, but for somebody who already platted the game it feels more like a grind. I have not really anything to do other then going for the other trophies or doing street races. So I'm just waiting and doing something else. If you haven't done everything I strongly recommend doing the dlc first because of this.

I don't recommend buying the dlc. It's very short and while I like the idea of herbalism its just a grind even for new players. You should wait till a drop in price.

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

You need to start a mission by talking to "the voice" he is somewhere left in the bajou area of the map. It also show as a cyan square and you can find it in your mission tab. after you activated your mission will let you in the dlc area

that is the problem in mission list I have just 2 side missions + races but nothing else no any cyan square with ! at all :/