Ability Ace Question.

So I just finished getting every trophy except ability ace. I made the mistake of starting my play through on normal mode and got about 25 hours in before guides started to come out. I found out that I need to play the game on proud or critical mode and get all the abilitys to get the trophy then platinum. My question is I'm about 94 hours in my normal play through and have every dream eaters ability maxed. When I start on NG+ will I have to start all over again and get all the Dream eaters again? Or do they transfer with me to NG+? Right now I'm lvl 99 with both characters and have everything done but a couple of in game trophies for beating game on proud and critical. So what will follow me to NG+? Or do I just start over from scratch and cry. And for ability ace is it all the commands and spells too or only just abilitys. And do I have to get all the abilitys gold or is just getting them blue ok? I would really like this explained to me and would really appreciate a response from someone. Only one trophy left and this one might make me want to call it quits for awhile.Thanks.

Any Spirits you've created will carry over in NG+.

Their levels and ability boards reset. Idr if the affinity does. :hmm: 

For ability ace it is literally just the Red and Purple abilities. Not the blue ones that are first listed.

You have to get each circle gold. It's not that bad it only took me about 10 hours to do.

The only spirit that bugged me was Peepsta Hoo because it was the only spirit that needed to be level 20 to get the ability on its board. <_< 

• Like 1

Thanks! This is a huge help and a big relief to hear. If it's just the main ones like leaf bracer and so on this shouldn't be that bad at all. And thanks for letting me know about Peepsta Hoo! I guess Ima start with him from the beginning so the grind ain't that bad. 10 hours honestly ain't that bad at all I was honestly thinking I was looking at 30+ hours to get it done. So happy I don't have to get those brilliant fantasys again an start over getting every Dream eater again. Thank you very much! Looks like I will be platinuming my first KH game. Can't wait for 1.5-2.5 HD, even tho I heard those are way more tedious and a very long grind. Anyway thank you again! PSN: RoyaltyMob

No problem. 10 hours might even be more than you need. I'm just slow as hell.

To get things going faster make sure you buy Water Barrels and actually play the mini game. You get so many ability points and a few of the spirits get their abilities crazy early.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5675-kingdom-hearts-dream-drop-distance-trophy-guide#42-ability-ace 

^This will help you if you need more detailed info because it details which spirits give which.

Oh I suggest getting Super Glide too. Forget who gives it though...it makes traveling faster. :P 

As for the other games, there are some really great guides here to ease your journey to becoming a Keyblade Master. :D 

• Like 1

Why thank you! Knowing what Dream eaters Ima need will make it so much faster for me, and ok I normally just open and close the water barrel game because it's fast and I suck at it! Lol. My highest LP from doing it the fast way was high 30s. Will start playing the whole mini game from now on and ( Ryu Dragon) I think I know the DE that gives you super glide. I will look over the link you put up to strategize my first team and how many DE I will need to get all the abilitys and just check it off one by one. Super stoked for your response and help!

I will not say I'm a Keyblade Master tell I platinum the whole series. So I will be a Keyblade apprentice for quite awhile ?

hy, i did it yesterday in 3-4hours, ist really easy

at first i sold everything i had (collected the treasures on the way to Colliseum) i had 5000 gil at the end und bought barrels during the Special sale (20% pricedrop) i think i had 85 or so....than you can start leveling.

just drop till this is bonus is given.

afterwards i started with this list, because here are the cheapest way to get the abilitys.

i've never completet the barrel minigame, just quit it its much faster because i've played id 150 times

during your completition you'll get some new Commandos to sell so don't worry about the munny.

To safe some barrles remember the cheapest ability and check your board to completet it and change your Dreameater.

For the links, just start the Link attack and stop it afterwards, so you do 5 links in 1 minute.

The Special dispositon is nessecary for some Abilitys, but its no problem, exept the Frootz Cat, i get Support Boost from the other cat, little more costs but less stress.

It's important for the link attack that your're infront of the Link gate, i won't count while your infront of the gate, so complete the field until you are infront of the gate which needs some link attacks, and than do it the way i've written above.

Important tips:

Don't buy anything which isn't on the way to the ability (needs Point and its useless)

Go through this list from 1 to 19, its make it much easier.

You can learn Leaf Bracer from Electricorn to!! While your on the Way to ComboMaster (Ryu Dragon) and Second Chance (Aura Lion) just let the Electricorn in your team and level him up, during this leveling for these Abilitys your will probably have enough point to unlock Leaf Bracer, so you did'nt need so much Points for the Aura Lion.

I've you havent startet your second playthrough, try to change the disposition in the first run, because it sucks to spend munny for food to change that.

and you should have enough in your first run ;)

For any questions just ask.

Spirit list in order with LP necessary and Unlockable ability
-------------------------------------------------------------

1.Jestabocky 60 Treasure Magnet
2.Yoggy Ram 60 Treasure Magnet
3.Woeflower 80 Treasure Magnet

4.Cyber Yog 110 Treasure Magnet
5.Toximander 130 Treasure Magnet
6.Eaglider 200 Air Combo Plus

7.Chef Kyroo 210 Air Combo Plus
8.Halbird 240 Air Combo Plus
9.Pricklemane 270 Combo Plus

10.Keeba Tiger 300 EXP Boost
11.Thunderaffe 310 Damage Syphon
12.Fin Fatale 340 Support Boost

13.Frootz Cat 350 Support Boost
14.Skelterwild 410 EXP Walker
15.Flowbermeow 500 Once More

16.Staggerceps 520 Combo Plus
17.Electricorn 630 Support Boost
18.Aura Lion 990 Second Chance & Leaf Bracer

19.Ryu Dragon 1230 Combo Plus & Combo Master

-------------------------------------------
Spirits and their amount of Links necessary
-------------------------------------------

Jestabocky 1
Woeflower 1
Cyber Yog 1
Frootz Cat 1
Aura Lion 1
Eaglider 2
Toximander 2
Chef Kyroo 3
Thunderaffe 3
Yoggy Ram 4
Pricklemane 5
Keeba Tiger 5
Skelterwild 5

-------------------
Spirits disposition
-------------------

Electricorn Capacitor Disposition - Feed ice cream or positive rubs

Ryu Dragon Bahamut Disposition - Feed Chocolates
Frootz Cat Sweetheart disposition - Chocolate
Fin Fatale Diver Disposition - Chocolate

Edited by Durandart
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Any Spirits you've created will carry over in NG+.

Their levels and ability boards reset. Idr if the affinity does. :hmm:

For ability ace it is literally just the Red and Purple abilities. Not the blue ones that are first listed.

You have to get each circle gold. It's not that bad it only took me about 10 hours to do.

The only spirit that bugged me was Peepsta Hoo because it was the only spirit that needed to be level 20 to get the ability on its board. <_<

You keep affinity on NG+

• Like 1

Thanks for the list! I just turned the game on and decided to open this up first and good thing I did!!! I'm going to change there depositions right now and get started on this trophy. Huge help! Let's see how long I take. I'm going to start in 10 mins. Again very helpful information that will save me a lot of time.?

Also never did think of doing the links shorts. I always thought u had to run the whole thing for it to count. This will speed up this process a lot! Again thank you very much. Starting now?

No problem :)

Where do you grind for the trophy? i forgot to say i did it infront of the Colloseum.

I Started the game and run through the maps till i reached the Colloseum with Riku&Sora.

I collected the treasurs on the way and beaten the nightmares to sell all the fragments and items/commandos etc.

after this i never left the place infront of the Colloseum exept a few times, there i went to the Julius Place (forgot the name xD) to fill the link gauge.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2017 at 10:35 PM, RoyaltyMob said:

Thanks guys got the platinum!!!!

Hey man, i'm about to start my journey to plat, do you recommend starting it in beginner and then grinding on proud or starting on proud and doing everything from there? is 100% easy on proud?

BTW nice pic, you little thief you. lol jk

Edited by linkdevivo