Spide29

Problems to complete breach server after patch 1.12

328 posts in this topic

I had another, different answer today from the EU Square Enix support. Together with the usual "we know about it and we are working on it to have it back up and running again", they told me that some players have reported that, by clearing the PSN blocked IDs list, the Breach issue got solved.

 

Now I am fairly sure that I don't have anyone in the blocked list, but I'll still share this "hint" they gave me, maybe it could indeed help someone. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've cleared mine, had 2 people blocked. Still doesnt work.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This BS, that was a temporary solution for a previous problem (the servers did face some issues with connectivity a year ago, of which reducing the number of PSN friends & blocked ids countered it to some extent).

but this time what is causing the problem is different.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounded like a similar solution to the old server problems which were referenced in some of the previous posts here, but figured it was worth a try. 

 

They have to know by now that there is a problem. Presumably this was all caused by changes / etc to their servers back in September 2018; at least that is the working theory on here. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DarthVolod said:

It sounded like a similar solution to the old server problems which were referenced in some of the previous posts here, but figured it was worth a try. 

 

They have to know by now that there is a problem. Presumably this was all caused by changes / etc to their servers back in September 2018; at least that is the working theory on here. 

I had no blocked friends but had some pending requests, I accepted/refused them but nothing has changed.

 

They do know, or at least is it what they keep on saying, and they are supposedly working on it...they probably don't know what the problem is, or just don't care about solving it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I waited nearly 3 weeks but today my account was reseted. I played through some nodes on network 1a, switched to an alt and sent 1 challenge to my main acc. Switched again and was cut off again. I played only half an hour with my main acc and avoided the first DN file :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I waited nearly 3 weeks but today my account was reseted. I played through some nodes on network 1a, switched to an alt and sent 1 challenge to my main acc. Switched again and was cut off again. I played only half an hour with my main acc and avoided the first DN file :(

Could it be challenges related then? Gonna have to try asking them to reset my Breach as well, and try to play without sending any kind of challenge. I did send one before being locked out indeed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falken-N7 said:

Could it be challenges related then? Gonna have to try asking them to reset my Breach as well, and try to play without sending any kind of challenge. I did send one before being locked out indeed.

I doubt the challenges are the main problem. Last time i played Breach with my main i sent more than a dozen challenges from 3 alts over 3 days without any problem. The last mission i could finish back then was the final one of the first Darknet file.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it is because I am dealing with NA Square Enix support, but they have been reluctant to reset my account. I asked more directly for this and referenced the fact that other players have had this process completed for them. 

 

Even if I can just get the first Dark Net trophy on the main game list then I would be happy so I could at least get the platinum. Game is fantastic, but demoralizing to play it and do everything and not get platinum because of a silly bronze trophy. 

 

I'll update after they respond. Once again, all of this attention we are giving it can't hurt, hopefully they realize they can't ignore this. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this stuff really puts me off the game. :/ SE needs to get their shit together. If they aren't going to fix it, just shutoff the online so nobody has any false ideas of it working or them "fixing it" when they aren't going to do so. Given how often this is on sale, you'd think they'd want to give people a good experience so they'd want to support more Deus Ex or Square Enix titles... but apparently they don't understand that keeping players happy means repeat business.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I raised a ticket also, after being locked out of breach mode last week. I was going fine until I sent 3 challenges to my alt account, logged out of my main, sent 3 challenges back, and then was unable to log back into my main account. 

 

I got the generic response saying that they are aware of the problem and are working on it but have no eta for now. 

 

Kinda frustrating because the game is actually really good! 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently having my Breach account reset, SE support immediately agreed to it so that I can try again, this time ignoring the Darknet files until the very end (or until the hypothetical update that will solve this all). Will keep you updated.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Falken-N7 said:

I'm currently having my Breach account reset, SE support immediately agreed to it so that I can try again, this time ignoring the Darknet files until the very end (or until the hypothetical update that will solve this all). Will keep you updated.

Good luck. I'd suggest don't log out of or even shut down your console until you complete it to see if it helps. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AtaraxicDream said:

Where do you go to ask for a reset?

Open a ticket to Square Enix support, tell them you can't log on Breach anymore (the usual stuff) then say you read online that other players had their account reset, so they can try again to play it. They should agree without much trouble, you just need to give them your Square Enix ID, full name and date of birth.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received this response, is this another repeat of one that everyone has seen before, or can we gleam any new information from this? They make reference to a patch, is this confirmation of a fix or another generic response?

 

For context, I am dealing with the NA Square Enix Support. They seem unable or unwilling to reset accounts unlike the EU support team. In my previous response, I asked to have my account reset.

 

Message:

 

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

Unfortunately, that service is not available at this time. Suggestions from our customers are always appreciated. While we cannot guarantee implementation, we will surely pass this on to the appropriate party.

This concern has already been forwarded and the development team is already investigating it. Unfortunately, they do not have an ETA at this time. We recommend to keep the game fully updated as a fix will be placed into a patch for the game. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you,
Agent Michelle
Square Enix Support Center


_

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DarthVolod said:

Just received this response, is this another repeat of one that everyone has seen before, or can we gleam any new information from this? They make reference to a patch, is this confirmation of a fix or another generic response?

 

For context, I am dealing with the NA Square Enix Support. They seem unable or unwilling to reset accounts unlike the EU support team. In my previous response, I asked to have my account reset.

 

Message:

 

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

Unfortunately, that service is not available at this time. Suggestions from our customers are always appreciated. While we cannot guarantee implementation, we will surely pass this on to the appropriate party.

This concern has already been forwarded and the development team is already investigating it. Unfortunately, they do not have an ETA at this time. We recommend to keep the game fully updated as a fix will be placed into a patch for the game. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you,
Agent Michelle
Square Enix Support Center


_

That's pretty much the response they have been giving people. We are working on it but no ETA. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've been "working" on fixing this for a while. Wouldn't be surprised if it never actually gets fixed at this point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DarthVolod said:

Just received this response, is this another repeat of one that everyone has seen before, or can we gleam any new information from this? They make reference to a patch, is this confirmation of a fix or another generic response?

 

For context, I am dealing with the NA Square Enix Support. They seem unable or unwilling to reset accounts unlike the EU support team. In my previous response, I asked to have my account reset.

 

Message:

 

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

Unfortunately, that service is not available at this time. Suggestions from our customers are always appreciated. While we cannot guarantee implementation, we will surely pass this on to the appropriate party.

This concern has already been forwarded and the development team is already investigating it. Unfortunately, they do not have an ETA at this time. We recommend to keep the game fully updated as a fix will be placed into a patch for the game. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you,
Agent Michelle
Square Enix Support Center


_

It's the usual response, though they usually never mentioned a patch, just a "it is being investigated". But, I can't see any more hope, as they still give the "no ETA" comment.

 

It's probably never gonna get fixed...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose the people replying to those tickets are either 1) machines or 2) employees that are told to just calm everyone down without actually being involved with the game. I don´t think that opening tickets really does anything, as the people that actually could do something about this (developers,etc.) probably never actually hear about all the tickets the machines/lower employees take care of every day.

 

What I am more curious about is: What about people that actually paid for that mode? I kinda doubt anyone here did that and I really doubt there will be many cases like that in the future, but unlike the constant complaints they receive and handle mostly automatically any money involved complaint would actually affect the company. If you pay for something and don´t get what was advertised to you, you could potentially demand to get your money back. And complaints like that get much more attention. In theory it would even be possible to sue them for not delivering what they advertise as long as money is involved. Something like that surely wouldn´t get handled by a machine or lower employee, that might actually be a way to reach someone who actually has influence on all this. I kinda doubt anyone is willing to pay this game just to find out if that might work though.

 

Just my 2 Cents. Normal complaints almost always get handled by an automated process, but if it´s about money things change quickly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 7:26 PM, DarthVolod said:

It gives the option to respond back. I'm contemplating what to say next.

 

The lack of a direct message or post on Twitter is frustrating too ... how long would it take to just send out a tweet that says they are working on it? 

 

Instead we are still mostly left in the dark. I still have hope though...

Lol yeah I have up blowing up their twitter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any other ideas? Hate to just wait and hope for a fix. I was considering calling Eidos directly (they have a contact number). Probably won't say anything, but maybe would give some concrete information. 

 

I don't think it is just a robot responding to us (some people are actually getting their accounts reset, and the responses I have received have at least referenced what I had sent to them). I'm not convinced that a patch is coming / actually exists yet though. 

 

I've posted on twitter for Eidos and the official Deus Ex twitter. Maybe have to be more aggressive or something? I don't know. If I worked for them I wouldn't want a bunch of customers complaining on their social media; doesn't look good. 

 

Only thing that gives me any hope here is that this all seems to have started in September of 2018 which means they had to have been working on the game as recently as a few months ago ...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mikomi93 said:

What I am more curious about is: What about people that actually paid for that mode? I kinda doubt anyone here did that and I really doubt there will be many cases like that in the future, but unlike the constant complaints they receive and handle mostly automatically any money involved complaint would actually affect the company. If you pay for something and don´t get what was advertised to you, you could potentially demand to get your money back. And complaints like that get much more attention. In theory it would even be possible to sue them for not delivering what they advertise as long as money is involved.

 

Square Enix refers to PSN if DLC stuff doesnt work. And the terms and conditions of PSN say, that if you have activated a download (after the installation), you have no guarantee anymore to receive your money back. So they are now able to earn money for nothing  legally :-) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.