Problems to complete breach server after patch 1.12

Spide29

16 hours ago, Mikomi93 said:

Alright so I sent another ticket and they didn´t want to reset anything without detailed explanation as to why I want the reset and what the issue was. I don´t think making something up works very well, but this time they agreed to the reset (german support guy, seems they are more helpful than the international support crew) and now I can log in again (of course with everything in Breach reset to 0). So let´s skip the first DN File and see if I can get the platin. I´ll keep you guys updated.

In my case they always replied within a few hours and the reset happened within the same day I requested it as well, so it´s definitly an option. Question remains whether you can actually achieve Platinum.

First Update: Made it to Network 2a, unlocked 2 more trophies. Didn´t attempt the DN Files yet and will keep those for last probably. But it does seem to work without problems. Except: Resetting also removes all free Premium Boosters you might have gotten from the Story Breach Software you collected, which makes sense, but kinda pisses me off because it´s much harder without those. Maybe replaying the game helps? Hard to say, but for me at least there were no free Boosters. At the very least I got 2 more trophies than before today.

I was able to finish everything without those free Booster packs. Not saying, its easy-peazy, it definetly depends on luck. Spend most of your money on the 15.000 Booster packs in store, but always keep enough to buy ammunition. I was so lucky, I received a shotgun which was not able to shoot normal ammunition so I had to stick to weaker weapons and needed a ton of ammo for the Prime units. Network 3A ends with 3 Prime Unit servers, so make sure you have enough ammo and a somewhat strong weapon or else you will have this:

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, Mori said:

I was able to finish everything without those free Booster packs. Not saying, its easy-peazy, it definetly depends on luck. Spend most of your money on the 15.000 Booster packs in store, but always keep enough to buy ammunition. I was so lucky, I received a shotgun which was not able to shoot normal ammunition so I had to stick to weaker weapons and needed a ton of ammo for the Prime units. Network 3A ends with 3 Prime Unit servers, so make sure you have enough ammo and a somewhat strong weapon or else you will have this:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, does not really matter because I wanted to log in today again and guess what? Severs not available.

So my attempt ends with Server 2a and I never attempted the DN Files or challenges. In fact I was never "kicked out" from the Servers, everything worked perfectly yesterday. But logging in next day doesn´t work. Sucks.

Damn that sounds bad @Mikomi93 ... i hoped from your explanations we found a workaround in avoiding the first DN file :(

I asked for a request cuz of a DN related error and it seems they will reset my progress. But with the new info that's still no guarantee to play enough for the :platinum::(

Edited by Evil_Joker88

21 minutes ago, Mikomi93 said:

Well, does not really matter because I wanted to log in today again and guess what? Severs not available.

So my attempt ends with Server 2a and I never attempted the DN Files or challenges. In fact I was never "kicked out" from the Servers, everything worked perfectly yesterday. But logging in next day doesn´t work. Sucks.

When I saw your earlier post I was about to reply that surely the platinum would still be unobtainable because best case you could get everything except for Data Detective. It was a valiant effort though.

15 minutes ago, Barsoomian said:

When I saw your earlier post I was about to reply that surely the platinum would still be unobtainable because best case you could get everything except for Data Detective. It was a valiant effort though.

There is still the possibilty of skipping the first DN File and going for the second one, which might work. So I guess it is possibly achievable, but comes down to luck. Nothing triggered a "kick" for me this time around, but the log in error still happened randomly, but @Mori was able to complete all Servers. I just wish they would fix this damn thing already....

38 minutes ago, Mikomi93 said:

There is still the possibilty of skipping the first DN File and going for the second one, which might work. So I guess it is possibly achievable, but comes down to luck. Nothing triggered a "kick" for me this time around, but the log in error still happened randomly, but @Mori was able to complete all Servers. I just wish they would fix this damn thing already....

Maybe it's possible in theory. I know from my experience though that Data Detective didn't unlock when I completed the first or second ones. Maybe just maybe only trying to collect on the second file would succeed, but I doubt that very much and it's so much time and effort to try and bug test and work around some crap that Square should be solving themselves. It always seemed like a long shot, is my point. I thank you for trying, but none of us should need to jump through all those hoops just on the hope that maybe it might finally work. If the mode was actually fun to play it might not be so bad!

Edited by Barsoomian

14 minutes ago, Barsoomian said:

Maybe it's possible in theory. I know from my experience though that Data Detective didn't unlock when I completed the first or second ones. Maybe just maybe only trying to collect on the second file would succeed, but I doubt that very much and it's so much time and effort to try and bug test and work around some crap that Square should be solving themselves. It always seemed like a long shot, is my point. I thank you for trying, but none of us should need to jump through all those hoops just on the hope that maybe it might finally work. If the mode was actually fun to play it might not be so bad!

I agree with you on that. It shouldn´t be the responsibility of the players to find a work around to make their games playable. It´s really too much of a hassle to get through this mode, especially with all this "server unavailable" stuff...

1 hour ago, Anton_games337 said:

So, are servers working? What dlc are connected with breach? How many hours I need to complete all breach trophies? Any information from developers?

Really need these trophies

The Server is up but you may get a bug that's throws you out of Breach forever. There are two dlcs tied to breach (#2 and #3) and they are both rather late accessible and need all darknet files completed from the base game for a trophy each. And that's a big problem cuz it seems no one can finish the first darknet file at all.

Getting the Plat can be done with just one darknet file conpleted.

I read in this thread or a similar one you need around 5 hours to finish Breach if you stay that long connected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

The Server is up but you may get a bug that's throws you out of Breach forever. There are two dlcs tied to breach (#2 and #3) and they are both rather late accessible and need all darknet files completed from the base game for a trophy each. And that's a big problem cuz it seems no one can finish the first darknet file at all.

Getting the Plat can be done with just one darknet file conpleted.

I read in this thread or a similar one you need around 5 hours to finish Breach if you stay that long connected.

We still have chance to beat all dlc?

Some trophies people got few months ago, september 8

Are developers informed? What they say?

1 hour ago, Anton_games337 said:

My advice is: read the thread.
All information on the issue is in here. Probably much more information than you will get elsewhere (including Square Enix Support and such).
In summary: Breach Servers are up, but a bug kicks you out randomly and you can´t connect anymore. Developers are informed and "are working on it", but there is no foreseeable fix to the issue in the near future. Getting Platinum or DLC trophies is mostly impossible.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:02 AM, Mikomi93 said:

My advice is: read the thread.
All information on the issue is in here. Probably much more information than you will get elsewhere (including Square Enix Support and such).
In summary: Breach Servers are up, but a bug kicks you out randomly and you can´t connect anymore. Developers are informed and "are working on it", but there is no foreseeable fix to the issue in the near future. Getting Platinum or DLC trophies is mostly impossible.

Yeah, we've been dealing with this shit since it started, so checking this thread is going to be your best bet. And I still try to login every day.

On 22.12.2018 at 2:41 PM, Anton_games337 said:

No we can't beat all dlc. And the thread name indicates "problems after patch 1.12" so people who played before that version weren't affected i think...

Maybe i'm just a pessimist, but unless it becomes news about corporate greed and laziness i don't think this will be solved. And that's unlikely cause this game doesn't have big enough player base.

I will not let this ruin game for me. This is great stealth game.

On 24.12.2018 at 7:26 PM, RoxasOnFire said:

Yeah, we've been dealing with this shit since it started, so checking this thread is going to be your best bet. And I still try to login every day.

I´m also trying and looking on a daily basis. Giving up is not an option!

On 25.12.2018 at 10:05 AM, ihadalifeb4this said:

Maybe i'm just a pessimist, but unless it becomes news about corporate greed and laziness i don't think this will be solved. And that's unlikely cause this game doesn't have big enough player base.

I will not let this ruin game for me. This is great stealth game.

I kinda am pessimistic about that as well, but I  can´t give up on hoping either. Personally however I wouldn´t rank this game all that high in my stealth game list which is making things just worse.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mikomi93 said:

I kinda am pessimistic about that as well, but I  can´t give up on hoping either. Personally however I wouldn´t rank this game all that high in my stealth game list which is making things just worse.

To be fair i don't have the most objective view about game. I'm fan of  Deus Ex games around 15 years now. The only thing i didn't like is breach mode. It feels so out of place. I wish they just used parts of the map from story and made you do challenges on them.

I hope your list of stealth games is doing better than mine. It looks like last month plat for Splinter Cell Blacklist got unobtainable as well. Another stealth game i really like. 

3 hours ago, ihadalifeb4this said:

To be fair i don't have the most objective view about game. I'm fan of  Deus Ex games around 15 years now. The only thing i didn't like is breach mode. It feels so out of place. I wish they just used parts of the map from story and made you do challenges on them.

I hope your list of stealth games is doing better than mine. It looks like last month plat for Splinter Cell Blacklist got unobtainable as well. Another stealth game i really like. 

Agreed. I was already sketched out when they mentioned adding an mp experience to deus ex, and was even more bothered to see that they forced trophies in it. But alas, I should have finished easy ass breach years ago.  Idk, I have some hope that they will get it fixed. I mean christ, Just Cause 3 and the first tomb raider still connect just fine. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ihadalifeb4this said:

Well, for me it was the first time playing Deus Ex. Never really gotten the chance to play the game and only started this one because it was free on one of the PS+ months. I found the game interesting, but somewhat lacking.

My list of stealth games is doing quite good, Dishonored and Styx being examples of such. Styx being quite a surprise as I never heard of it prior to it being free on PS+ once as well.

• Like 1

On 27/12/2018 at 1:27 PM, RoxasOnFire said:

Agreed. I was already sketched out when they mentioned adding an mp experience to deus ex, and was even more bothered to see that they forced trophies in it. But alas, I should have finished easy ass breach years ago.  Idk, I have some hope that they will get it fixed. I mean christ, Just Cause 3 and the first tomb raider still connect just fine. 

No, you didn't have to finish it before whatever the magical time limit was. 

This is just shity practice by square enix in this situation. If we go by logic "this worked when i/you bought it" does that mean that anyone who buys game today gets warning that part of the game isn't working?  I highly doubt it. Whoever buys it today will end up in the same boat. So even if it sounds dramatic every sale they make now is illegal, or in best case immoral. Fook them. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ihadalifeb4this said:

No, you didn't have to finish it before whatever the magical time limit was. 

This is just shity practice by square enix in this situation. If we go by logic "this worked when i/you bought it" does that mean that anyone who buys game today gets warning that part of the game isn't working?  I highly doubt it. Whoever buys it today will end up in the same boat. So even if it sounds dramatic every sale they make now is illegal, or in best case immoral. Fook them. 

To the point, simple and clear. 

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I can confirm that the 1st darknet file is the trigger for the glitch. Played for first time yesterday (digital version if that matters). I was able to unlock all trophies without issue aside from the ones that involve or require darknet file completion.

I was hoping that I would be lucky or something and that I would avoid the glitch, but as the first darknet completion cutscene finished I was immediately disconnected : (

Opened a ticket with Square Enix support right away (trying the account reset thing, hopefully that works). I also asked if there was any update on a theoretical patch another poster hinted they may be working on (doubt they will answer but worth a shot). Likely won't get any response until after New Years (at least they had a note on there that they are out for the holidays). 

I'll update after account is reset / I attempt the darknet file for a second time. 

PS: Why was this game mode online again??? It is 99.9% a singleplayer experience aside from the leaderboards (which is filled with exploiters) and the "challenge your friend" nonsense. 

8 hours ago, DarthVolod said:

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I can confirm that the 1st darknet file is the trigger for the glitch. Played for first time yesterday (digital version if that matters). I was able to unlock all trophies without issue aside from the ones that involve or require darknet file completion.

I was hoping that I would be lucky or something and that I would avoid the glitch, but as the first darknet completion cutscene finished I was immediately disconnected : (

Opened a ticket with Square Enix support right away (trying the account reset thing, hopefully that works). I also asked if there was any update on a theoretical patch another poster hinted they may be working on (doubt they will answer but worth a shot). Likely won't get any response until after New Years (at least they had a note on there that they are out for the holidays). 

I'll update after account is reset / I attempt the darknet file for a second time. 

PS: Why was this game mode online again??? It is 99.9% a singleplayer experience aside from the leaderboards (which is filled with exploiters) and the "challenge your friend" nonsense. 

I´ve tested it as well as you might have read and can say that the DN file is not the only trigger. The first time I got kicked after the DN cutscene.

Then I did a Reset and when I logged in the next day (after playing my way up the Servers) I wasn´t able to log in anymore, without doing anything that could have triggered it.

And I agree. There is no need for this to be online, that´s the biggest reason this bug or whatever it is makes me so mad. There is no reason it has to be online. All those online features are merely optional stuff that is completly unneeded, so they could fix everything by just making it offline if they are that uncapable of getting their game running correctly.

• Like 1

I am just hoping that if I go straight for the DN files it will work. They really need to patch this game, but even if I can't get 100% if at least I can get the platinum that is something I guess). I'll let everyone know after I get the reset taken care of.

The only logical reason for this to be online is for the microtransactions which, speaking of patches, are completely unnecessary since the health / energy exploits have never been patched. 

If we ever get another Deus Ex game after this, we will want to remind them how poorly this whole Breach mode nonsense has been received.