Nioh Free Updates, PVP and First DLC Details

Aranea Highwind

The next free updates are as follows:

• Late March – High-difficulty missions added. There are 10 types of missions, including missions with the feel of boss rushes.
  • Late April – PvP implemented.

The first downloadable content, “Dragon of Tohoku,” will launch in late April and add the following:

• New weapon types
  • New scenarios
  • New characters
  • New guardian spirits
  • New yokai
  • New stages

The second downloadable content will be called “Japan’s Best Warrior,” and the third, “Peaceful and Tranquil.”

Nioh-First-DLC-Details_02-20-17.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/nioh-add-high-difficulty-missions-late-march-pvp-late-april-first-dlc-details

From the looks of it, each DLC will include various stages as well other stuff such as new weapons,guardian spirits, etc. More details about the first DLC will soon be available.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Yadilie said:

Neat Masamune. And I suppose that means Tadakatsu Honda is the second DLC. No idea who the third one could center around from the Sengoku era.

Well, given that Masamune is there, I imagine they're taking a pretty broad view of the "Sengoku" era (by the time Masamune appeared on the scene, Hideyoshi had all but wrapped up his campaigns).

I was thinking that the best warrior might be Yukimura Sanada (I know his armor is in the main game, but he himself isn't, right?).

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, given that Masamune is there, I imagine they're taking a pretty broad view of the "Sengoku" era (by the time Masamune appeared on the scene, Hideyoshi had all but wrapped up his campaigns).

I was thinking that the best warrior might be Yukimura Sanada (I know his armor is in the main game, but he himself isn't, right?).

Wouldn't really call Sanada Peaceful or Calm. I think it might be a female. Would be nice to see their take on Oichi.

Just now, Yadilie said:

Wouldn't really call Sanada Peaceful or Calm. I think it might be a female. Would be nice to see their take on Oichi.

LOL. I was thinking of the Dragon being Masamune, and Sanada being Japan's Best Warrior. Peaceful and Tranquil? Let's go with older Musashi (a little later than the Sengoku, but he was at the battle of Sekigahara).

10 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

LOL. I was thinking of the Dragon being Masamune, and Sanada being Japan's Best Warrior. Peaceful and Tranquil? Let's go with older Musashi (a little later than the Sengoku, but he was at the battle of Sekigahara).

I suppose. I guess the wordage is key. Honda was the strongest not the best. He's more of a figurehead than Honda is anyway.

• 1 month later...

Some new details and images about the upcoming DLC as posted on the official PlayStation Blog.

Slicing its way onto PlayStation Store on 2nd May, Dragon of the North follows on from William’s valiant struggle in the main game. Rumours have emerged from the Oshu region that its ambitious ruler, Masamune Date (the “one-eyed dragon”) is secretly gathering spirit stones. With the Yokai flourishing in Oshu, turmoil and unrest is inevitable…

As you battle your way through a new region with original stages, you’ll encounter these terrifying new Yokai, hell-bent on destroying you. Thankfully, you’ll be able to take advantage of a new weapon – an odachi – as well as armour, ninja skills, magic… and you’ll also gain the aid of fresh Guardian Spirits to help in your mission. And to cap it all off, Dragon of the North will also include pulse-pounding PvP features.

Nioh

Dragon of the North will be available to buy for €9.99 / £7.99, or free if you own a Nioh season pass, which is still on sale for €24.99 / £19.99 via PlayStation Store.

Nioh

Expect more information closer to the 2nd May launch – but in the meantime, better get practicing…

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/04/12/story-details-on-niohs-upcoming-dlc-update-dragon-of-the-north/

Edited by Aranea Highwind

• 2 weeks later...