Kill Your Completion v3. 0

30 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

- Is the pressure to choose just the right game to start next near panic inducing?

- Are you convinced you have completion OCD and want help before it's too late?

So accurate it is scary. Putting 10 brand new games on my list will help with that anxiety. And hopefully not cause a nervous breakdown. :D I'm in!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Jaguargenie said:

I've got some 'less than 10 hours,' but balanced with some '50+ hour plats' so I think it balances out. Also forces me to start up some games with MP trophies I've been avoiding (3, 4 & 8)

Black Flag for PS3 or PS4? If it's for PS4 we can try the multiplayer together. I don't know if it has any fun mode that could be played together, though. Overall it seems like it's a Cops and Robbers-like multiplayer.

33 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Black Flag for PS3 or PS4? If it's for PS4 we can try the multiplayer together. I don't know if it has any fun mode that could be played together, though. Overall it seems like it's a Cops and Robbers-like multiplayer.

It is ps4. It's always better even grinding with friends! :D

1 hour ago, Mendant909 said:

I'll pick NieR as my dark horse pick from the list, and I'm wondering as to which game will be worse: Firefly Diary or Conception II.

I loved NieR. Everything on your list I found enjoyable, except for htol #NiQ, Thief, and Castlevania(only because I haven't played them :/). I liked Conception II enough, to hold off and pop it as my 8,000th trophy. So, I hope it's Firefly. :P 

58 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Crud, didn't mean to double post there.  Can someone delete this please or tell me how to?

I think she'd have to ask a mod and it really doesn't bother me enough to worry about it. No worries. 

2 hours ago, dmland12 said:

Sounds like fun!

Here's my list (haven't worked out the order yet, so this is alphabetical):

1) Divinity: Original Sin
2) Fallout 4
3) Furi (PS+)
4) Joe Dever's Lone Wolf
5) Minecraft
6) Saturday Morning RPG
7) Thief (PS+)
8) Titan Souls (PS+)
9) Tropico 5 (PS+)
10) Zombi (PS+)

All 5 games from my paid backlog and 5 from my PS+ backlog.  All with plats, 7 of which are Ultra Rare.  I'm pretty much going to lose at least 10% from this.  :P

You have some seriously hard/long games there. Good luck!!

7 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I loved NieR. Everything on your list I found enjoyable, except for htol #NiQ, Thief, and Castlevania(only because I haven't played them :/). I liked Conception II enough, to hold off and pop it as my 8,000th trophy. So, I hope it's Firefly. :P

Thanks, I'm hoping most of the list turns out well with NieR surprising me. I remember Crimsonidol's critique of Firefly and Edunstar's critique of Conception II, so I heard the controls aren't ideal for the former while the latter could be a chore.

49 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Here's my list of potential games. I will pare it down and juggle the order as I get my March work schedule. Any advice on what to play? Or NOT play?

1. This War of Mine
2. Invisible, Inc.

3. Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
4. Hitman GO
5. Day of the Tentacle
6. ABZU

7. Unravel
8. Grand Ages: Medieval 
9. God of War III
10. Need for Speed
11. Life is Strange
12. Deadly Tower of Monsters

13. Rugby World Cup 2015
14. The Talos Principle
15. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

16. Datura
17.  Mafia II
18. LEGO: Pirates of the Caribbean
19.  Assassin's Creed: Chronicles
20. South Park: The Stick of Truth

#3 is a hidden object game so there's not much to say in regards to gameplay, #4 is pretty short, #13 seems crappy based on Metacritic and it's also short, and #16 got a bad rep on a previous KYC event.

I highlighted what I thought were different enough and could be used for good discussions. #12 was highly praised in the previous KYC event so that should be a delight. As for a tenth game or an alternate choice, Unravel, God of War III, and Mafia II all seem like good choices.

Edited by Mendant909
  • Like 1