Kill Your Completion v3. 0

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Main site says 2,905 unearned

Trophy advisor 4,504 unearned

4,504 - 2,905 = 1,599 unearned from F-ranks (their DLC included)

357 / 1,599 = ~22.32%

1619 - unearned from the main site

871 - trophy advisor (minus dlc)

302 / 871 = 34.67% increase in TOTAL unearned trophies...

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Main site says 2,905 unearned

Trophy advisor 4,504 unearned

Why the difference in ur trophy #'s?

6 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

I love reading this thread ......... but you do realise this is how some of us play all year round ?

Yup, you're a shining inspiration to us all. :D

Maybe I'll just add another question in the OP - Always idolized CJ and want to be just like him when you grow up? 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

Well the current sale is pretty poor, as it's one of those 5 times a year EA sales. However I was still in time for the FF sale yesterday... So I bought Final Fantasy VII for PS4, which I'm now sneaking into the previous list.

1. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum (PS3 - Dungeon Crawler/RPG)
  2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (PS3 - TPS)
  3. Slain: Back from Hell (PS4 - Action-Platformer)
  4. Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4 - Action-Adventure)
  5. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:birth 1 (Vita - RPG)
  6. Driveclub (PS4 - Racing)
  7. Wanted (PS3 - TPS)
  8. Okami HD (PS3 - Action-Adventure)
  9. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (PS3 - Wrestling)
  10. Final Fantasy VII (PS4 - RPG)

I rearranged the list a bit as well, so similar genres a bit farther apart.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Have you never played it? How is that even possible? Hope you enjoy it. :) It was my first exposure to Final Fantasy, and JRPGs in general(besides Pokemon).  

I played it on PS1 ages ago for about 5 minutes, until I dropped it for something that I enjoyed more at the time xD.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

I love reading this thread ......... but you do realise this is how some of us play all year round ?

You know they make drugs for that nowadays right? Guess some of us are interested in seeing how you crazy people experience life. 

12 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Playing a game for three days, moving on to the next and not looking back?

Three days? Pfft. With CJ it is more like one hour before he switches games. :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

After much deliberation, I threw some RNG together and found these dusty options ready for picking:

Bionic Commando - 4%

WET - 7%

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle - 9%

Apotheon - 1%

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows - 3%

Dust: An Elysian Tale - 8%

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 15%

Grim Fandango: Remastered - 0%

The Swapper - 0%

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - 0%

I think this list isn't meant for this event.

I changed my list a bit as I don't feel like starting two hard games for this event, so I replaced Darkest Dungeon with Kholat through RNG

√Letter

Inside

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Saints Row Gat out of Hell

Sleeping Dogs

Okage: Shadow King

The Walking Dead: Season 2

Enter the Gungeon

Kholat

Rebel Galaxy

Still don't know if I should swap this with something else.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

I have never consumed any media relating to this super hero, I have absolutely no interest in the franchise, and I only own this game because it came with my used PS3. I'd say this is a great chance to find out if this game can sell me on the franchise. :)

Amazing game though the sequels were even better, perfect game to get you hooked on The Batman.

Dirt 3 (PS3)

I wanted to play this ever since I got it on PS+ but I never really had the chance to start it up. I'll be using this event as my excuse for starting the game. 

Played it during KYC2, didn't lik it because of the stunt sections with lame commentary, would've preferred a pure racing game

TorqueL (PSVita)

I played nothing but Vita games for the last 3 months in preparation for the Vita's 5th anniversary event, but I can fit some of those in my list as well. This game in particular looks very interesting and a nice little review by @Pixel-CAT- made me want to play it even more.

Got this on my list as well, spot 1 so I can ignore the final day in favour of Zelda. If you switch yours to spot 1 we could play at the same time and compare notes!

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PS3)

After playing The Warrior Within when I was younger, I came to love this precursor to Assassins Creed. This is one of the franchise's games that I have yet to play and I got it for (kinda) free on PS+. I'm probably gonna have a lot of fun playing this.

Fun game.

Datura (PS3)

Another game I know nothing of but the PSNP header looked kinda interesting. I do remember @BillyHorrible complaining about it during the Financial Year Backlog Challenge, so I'm not so sure about this one.

Awful game and over too quick for an event like this. Play this with a guide if you want a new 100% within two hours sometime.

Darksiders (PS3)

This is another one I'm looking forward to and from a franchise that one of my friends keeps praising.

Played the first bit a few years ago, seemed like a cool game

From Dust (PS3) 

Another title that I have no clue what the game is actually about. The artwork has some weird looking people on it, that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge on this game. I have a feeling though, that this is gonna be a little like Journey, which is a title I really enjoyed.

Played the first half or so on X360, shame I did not finish it but it's cool. Will definitely play again sometime on PS3. It feels a bit like Populous: The Beginning.

P.S. If I knew going in what a pain it would be to break up that post, I doubt I would have bothered.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Amazing game though the sequels were even better, perfect game to get you hooked on The Batman.

That's great to hear, maybe I'll have some fun with it.

20 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Played it during KYC2, didn't lik it because of the stunt sections with lame commentary, would've preferred a pure racing game

I don't think I'll have a problem with that, I usually like stunt races.

Got this on my list as well, spot 1 so I can ignore the final day in favour of Zelda. If you switch yours to spot 1 we could play at the same time and compare notes!

Sure, I think I could do that. That sounds like it would be interesting. :) 

Awful game and over too quick for an event like this. Play this with a guide if you want a new 100% within two hours sometime.

Yeah, I kinda figured that it wasn't that great but if it's that short, I'll probably change this one out for another. Now the only question is what to pick...

Played the first half or so on X360, shame I did not finish it but it's cool. Will definitely play again sometime on PS3. It feels a bit like Populous: The Beginning.

P.S. If I knew going in what a pain it would be to break up that post, I doubt I would have bothered.

Wow, that sounds really nice. Now I actually can't wait to try it. ^_^ 

Was it the list that was causing you trouble? There is a feature in the new forums that lets you highlight text and then click on a little pop-up that says "quote this" to directly quote your highlighted text, I think that might help in those cases.

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

-snip-

See, Billy, that's all you gotta do. :P 

Not interested in Batman? What's wrong with you!? But yeah, this game may change your mind. Pretty dope. 

Ugh.. The War in the North was a bit of a chore. Had so many issues getting the one online trophy, too. 

I loved Forgotten Sands, but some seem to think a little less of it. Not as much as the '08 game, though(that was the first game in the franchise I played, and I enjoyed it :dunno:).. 

Datura was just kind of meh to me. Didn't hate it, didn't love it. 

Stranger's Wrath!!! That game was actually good. Unlike the poop that was Munch's Oddysee. <_< 

Xenoverse was a grind for the Plat, but a pretty fun game overall. I didn't have the DLC, so I don't know if it spoils anything. A lot of Dragon Ball fans would prefer to think GT never existed, so... But I liked GT. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2017 at 1:10 PM, Jaguargenie said:

1) Valiant Hearts (adventure)

2) Rochard (platform)

3) Frozen Synapse Prime (strategy)

4) AC 4: Black Flag (action)

5) Strider (metroidvania)

6) The TaLos Principle (puzzle)

7) Inside (side scrolled maybe?)

8) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (fps)

9) Stories: Path of destinies (hack&slash)

10) Ether One (walking sim)

I'm considering replacing: Rochard, Stories and Ether One for other titles in my back log. 

Any input from anyone on how good/bad those titles are? 10 spots is a lot but not enough to waste a spot on a bad title. Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

Thanks for all the gaming advice from my KYC...A cohorts! I've been tweaking my lineup the last few days as it looks like I will be traveling for work mid-month.  So I have loaded those time slots with short, fairly straightforward games so I can invest an hour in them before I travel, and write reviews remotely.  Or maybe I should just buy Billy's used VITA. :)

Here's my list:

1. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY (PS4) 
3. Day of the Tentacle (PS4) - Remaster Fantasy/ Adventure
9. Deadly Tower of Monsters (PS4) - Action
10. South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3) - RPG

You got some amazing titles there!

Mordor was a fantastic arkham clone.

Tentacle was one of my favorite adventure games of the 90s. 

Tower was a surprisingly good top down 'junk food' type game. 

South park was one of my fav rpgs of the last few years. 

You are gonna enjoy your list!

• Like 1

You're too concerned with those Ultra Rares, Hem. :P Still debating on whether or not I want to do BlazBlue instead of Neptunia U.. It'd be an easier decision if my memory card was bigger. Will have to delete some stuff, if I want Blaz to actually fit. :/ 

Rearranged my list a bit, to line up a few games that others have on theirs. I don't know what the best order to play mine in is, nor do I particularly care. 

3 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Not interested in Batman? What's wrong with you!? But yeah, this game may change your mind. Pretty dope. 

Ugh.. The War in the North was a bit of a chore. Had so many issues getting the one online trophy, too. 

I loved Forgotten Sands, but some seem to think a little less of it. Not as much as the '08 game, though(that was the first game in the franchise I played, and I enjoyed it :dunno:).. 

Datura was just kind of meh to me. Didn't hate it, didn't love it. 

Stranger's Wrath!!! That game was actually good. Unlike the poop that was Munch's Oddysee. <_< 

Xenoverse was a grind for the Plat, but a pretty fun game overall. I didn't have the DLC, so I don't know if it spoils anything. A lot of Dragon Ball fans would prefer to think GT never existed, so... But I liked GT. 

Yeah, I never really had the urge to watch one of the many movies, I'm not a comic guy, and the games didn't tickle my fancy either. It's great to hear that people like this game though. :) 

I'm not too concerned about trophies, I already have a few games that I know I won't 100% because of DLC or just because they're really hard, so one more unearned trophy won't hurt me too much.

It might not be as great as older titles but I'm sure they couldn't destroy a PoP game enough for me to dislike it. ^_^ 

By now I'm fairly certain I'm gonna change that for another title.

Great to see some feedback about this one. I don't know a whole lot about this series, so getting some opinions is pretty reassuring.

As you can see by my SAO Hollow Fragment, Rune Factory Oceans, and FFX plat, I don't really mind grinding. the opposite actually, since it prolongs the time I can play the game, it's pretty useful to me since I don't have a large budget to spend on videogames.

I guess in theory it's not really cannon because it wasn't written by Akira Toriyama but it was approved by him. I guess that's part of the reason, especially since there's a true sequel with Dragon Ball Super now. By now I've had a look at the first episode of GT and I must say I like the way things are going right now.

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Welcome to the club, the list looks pretty good except for Datura. Seriously replace it with anything and you'll be happier. I'll get you added in later man. 

Thanks, the way things are looking right now, I'm fairly certain I'll change Datura. I'll probably wait until the PS+ titles for March are announced before I post my finalized list, until then I might switch around the positions a little, we'll see.

On 22.2.2017 at 1:16 PM, Jaguargenie said:

Why the difference in ur trophy #'s?

Sorry about the late reply. Didn't see that you asked a second question.

The unearned trophies on the main profile only include all the games (and their DLC) where you earned at least one trophy. The one in the advisor also includes all games where you haven't earned any trophy yet. And as I'm loading (nearly) all the games on my profile as soon as I get them the count in the advisor is much higher.

5 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Dirt 3 (PS3)
I wanted to play this ever since I got it on PS+ but I never really had the chance to start it up. I'll be using this event as my excuse for starting the game. :D

Welcome! :) 

Dirt 3 is a fun game but if you ever try to attempt the plat prepare for a booooooooooooooring multiplayer grind. xD

And the Gymkhana-events Billy mentioned are okay. I don't like them either but they are rather easy once you know what you have to do. Only the DC-challenges can be, uhm, challenging. Still have to finish 11 of them with the highest rank (there are 26 in total).

3 hours ago, Myu said:

- Ar Norsuge : Ode to an Unborn Star (PS3)

- Fairy Fencer f (PS3)

Welcome to the event and nice to see someone else choosing Ar Nosurge. :highfive: 

Fairy Fencer f is also a game I bought solely for the cover and the reason that I like Tsunako's artstyle. :angel:

• Like 1

Datura (PS3)
Another game I know nothing of but the PSNP header looked kinda interesting. I do remember @BillyHorrible complaining about it during the Financial Year Backlog Challenge, so I'm not so sure about this one.

I'll join the chorus of people recommending something other than Datura. As for a replacement, I haven't played most of the games on your backlog list but I would definitely recommend Catherine. I'm totally not saying this just because I want to read your frustrations with Hard Mode and Babel during this event. :devil:

Actually, you probably wouldn't get to the frustrating parts in 3 days so you'd be safe during the event. The only other games I've played are the Jak and Assassin's Creed games but honestly anything would probably be better than that crap Datura. 

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

So I've finally stopped wavering and I've decided that I will actually take part this time. However, I'm still working on a bunch of previous KYC games so I'm not putting anything super long on there. Instead my list is full of psn games I either got super cheap or from plus. Most are between 5 and 15 hours, and I think they're all 6 or higher on difficulty. Only three of these games don't have at least one UR trophy. :D

Tentative (no particular order yet) :

Knytt Underground - 15 URs
Aaru's Awakening - 2 URs
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 - 6 URs

Hyper Void - 11 URs
Malicious - 8 URs 
Tower of Guns - 3 VRs
From Dust - 3 VRs
I am Alive - 6 VRs
Nova 111 - 5 URs
The Swindle - 12 URs

I'm still debating whether or not to sign up for Round 3 of KYC, but if I decided to join I was thinking about doing a list with only UR games. Great minds really do think alike. ;)

However, none of the games on your list match any of my potential candidates. :(

• Like 3

*snip*

Hide contents

Games I have no interest in at all and probably won't have any fun playing (why am I even listing these?):

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
    This came with my PS3. I'm not interested in call of duty and this game is censored, so I'm forced to play it in German, which is a language I severely dislike.
  • Little Big Planet Karting (PS3)
    This also came with my PS3. While I don't really dislike the game, I don't have an online pass and I feel like LBP games are pretty useless without the incredible amount of user created content, which is what the franchise does best.
  • FIFA 12 (PS3)
  • FIFA 13 (PS3)
    These games also came with my PS3. I have less interest in soccer than pretty much anything else. I tried one of these and it's really just not my thing.

Games I got for free, or from PS+:

• Little Deviants (PSVita)
  • Hungry Giraffe (PSVita)
  • MotorStorm RC (PS3/PSVita)
  • WipEout 2048 (PSVita)
  • Lemmings (PSP)
  • Badland GotY Edition (PS3/PSVita)
  • Costume Quest 2 (PS3)
  • VVVVVV (PSVita)
  • Tiny Troopers Joint Ops (PSVita)
  • Hyper Void (PS3)
  • Azkend 2: The World Beneath (PSVita)
  • The Swindle (PSVita)
  • BlazeRush (PS3)
  • Ninja Senki DX (PSVita)
  • Anna - Extended Edition (PS3)
  • Starwhal (PS3)
  • Lost Planet 3 (PS3)
  • Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (PS3)

Games that I have actually bought myself and for whatever reason not even tried yet:

• Ratchet and Clank Size Matters (PSP)
  • Spyro 2 (PSX)
  • Final Fantasy 8 (PSX)
  • LocoRoco2 (PSP)
  • Jak 2 (PS3/PSVita)
  • Catherine (PS3)

Sequels to games I didn't play yet:

• Jak 3 (PS3/PSVita)
  • Assassins Creed Revelations (PS3)
  • Assassins Creed 3 (PS3)
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

I think that was it, I guess I'm ready to kill my completion now. ^_^ 

I have a friend who loves this game. He doesn't usually go out of his way to suggest something to me, since we don't talk that often, but that was one he really wanted me to play.

I bet it's gonna be pretty good if you like roguelike games and/or guns.

If I remember correctly LBP Karting got the servers shut down for good a few months back (which never really worked anyway, at least for the digital version). So you can possibly scratch that one, if you intended to complete it at some point

On that note. The plat for both FIFA games are also unobtainable by now.

Little Deviant is one of the worst game I ever played, I wished I had never started it.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is just cinematics, if I'm not mistaken

Catherine has a cool concept (not really my kind of game, yet it deserves the appraisal it got).

Jak II is torture.  @DamagingRob can attest to that.

PS: I think you got the same vita bundle I got (Little Deviants, Wipeout 2048, PSP Lemmings, Motorstorm Rc etc).

3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Thanks for all the gaming advice from my KYC...A cohorts! I've been tweaking my lineup the last few days as it looks like I will be traveling for work mid-month.  So I have loaded those time slots with short, fairly straightforward games so I can invest an hour in them before I travel, and write reviews remotely.  Or maybe I should just buy Billy's used VITA. :)

*snip*

I also have a business trip scheduled for next month, but luckily it's on the 31st. Well it's not that lucky as it will pretty much fuck over my weekend >.<.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

I'm considering replacing: Rochard, Stories and Ether One for other titles in my back log. 

Any input from anyone on how good/bad those titles are? 10 spots is a lot but not enough to waste a spot on a bad title. Thanks in advance!

I played Ether One and yes it's pretty bad. It's basically a boring walking simulator which is pretty bugged so even with a good guide you could run in to problems. This really is a game for trophy hunters because asides getting some easy trophies (if you can manage to avoid the glitches) there's not much to it. Offcourse this is just my opinion.