"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

Interesting concept for an event. I personally only have one game on my list that's been there for a year or more: Sports Champions 2. I only stopped it because my ps3 at the time ylod on me and ai didn't have ps+ then. I was well past the 1/2 way mark when it happened. To say the least, I lost the motivation to finish it.

Anyways, since it's not a game with MP trophies, I pretty much put it back on the shelf. Given that I only have one game that qualifies and that I will not be working on anytime soon, I won't be joining your little venture. Good luck to everyone though. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

Interesting concept for an event. I personally only have one game on my list that's been there for a year or more: Sports Champions 2. I only stopped it because my ps3 at the time ylod on me and ai didn't have ps+ then. I was well past the 1/2 way mark when it happened. To say the least, I lost the motivation to finish it.

Anyways, since it's not a game with MP trophies, I pretty much put it back on the shelf. Given that I only have one game that qualifies and that I will not be working on anytime soon, I won't be joining your little venture. Good luck to everyone though. 

Thanks, and feel free to enter sometime for one month if you feel like doing Sports Champions 2 after all.

6 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

AMY, NFS Shift 2, Broken Age. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :hmm: i might just join this

I thought the first act of Broken Age was very strong. It lost a bit of awe after that. On the whole it's still a very enjoyable Schafer game, I feel like only the first act can really measure up against his classics though.

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

I thought the first act of Broken Age was very strong. It lost a bit of awe after that. On the whole it's still a very enjoyable Schafer game, I feel like only the first act can really measure up against his classics though.

I hate point and click games, never liked them back in PC gaming over Kongregate and I still don't understand why I bother playing them. I hated the majority of my time with Monkey Island, Broken Age, The Walking Dead (TT). Liked a bit more TWAU and people keep praising that one other game with tank controls that I might just play that too and hate myself because of it. I don't think the genre is for me. One day however..........

To be honest with you, I was looking into AMY, it's installed in my console but I hate every second I'm playing it, don't know how long it will take me to have the guts to finish it.

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I hate point and click games, never liked them back in PC gaming over Kongregate and I still don't understand why I bother playing them. I hated the majority of my time with Monkey Island, Broken Age, The Walking Dead (TT). Liked a bit more TWAU and people keep praising that one other game with tank controls that I might just play that too and hate myself because of it. I don't think the genre is for me. One day however..........

Personally, I love classic point and click games. Day Of The Tentacle (tried that one on PS+ yet?), Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis and Sam & Max Hit The Road were highlights for me. The one with the tank controls is Grim Fandango, personally I wasn't all that into it.

I wouldn't call those Telltale games from Walking Dead onwards point and click games any more, personally I refer to them as interactive television series (without derision - I still enjoy those games, I just don't feel like they can be called "point and click" any more since there's almost no pointing involved). Especially after Telltale realised that their bits of gameplay in between the conversations wasn't really what interested their fans so they quietly dropped it, I think Borderlands and Game Of Thrones barely had anything non-conversation and non-QTE related...

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

To be honest with you, I was looking into AMY, it's installed in my console but I hate every second I'm playing it, don't know how long it will take me to have the guts to finish it.

Well, if you enter an event with it, you might feel obligated B)

• Like 1

Incomplete games and whats missing

The Last of Us Remastered - complete grounded mode and a option convos (maybe do left behind later)

Broken Age - UFO grabbing minigame trophy, though this might break a controller or two

Destiny - Flawless raider - need to practice my solo Crota takedowns and do the bell ringing for 100%

I have the Metro Redux games yet to start which I've had since release.

• Like 1

Just now, xFalionx said:

Sign me up with:

• PixelJunk Shooter (First trophy: 9th July 2015)
  • Ratchet and Clank 2 (First trophy: 4th October 2014)

That's quite sneaky. :P 

@topic:
I'm interested and I guess I will join with the following games and I will try to finish them somewhere in 2017:

• Alice: Madness Returns (First trophy: 20th March 2014, Goal: Finish the story)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (First trophy: 15th November 2015, Goal: Finish the story (base-game + DLC))
  • Shift 2 Unleashed (First trophy: 15th May 2015, Goal: Get everything in singleplayer-modes)
  • ToeJam & Earl (First trophy: 8th February 2015, Goal: 100%)

Have to restart all of them.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Willstown said:

The Last of Us Remastered - complete grounded mode and a option convos (maybe do left behind later)

Broken Age - UFO grabbing minigame trophy, though this might break a controller or two

Destiny - Flawless raider - need to practice my solo Crota takedowns and do the bell ringing for 100%

18 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

PixelJunk Shooter (First trophy: 9th July 2015)

Ratchet and Clank 2 (First trophy: 4th October 2014)

11 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Alice: Madness Returns (First trophy: 20th March 2014, Goal: Finish the story)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (First trophy: 15th November 2015, Goal: Finish the story (base-game + DLC))

Shift 2 Unleashed (First trophy: 15th May 2015, Goal: Get everything in singleplayer-modes)

ToeJam & Earl (First trophy: 8th February 2015, Goal: 100%)

Added you all, and welcome! Feel free to tell me if I did something wrong here, but I just kept all the text you wrote next to the games.

Decided to add a "games planned for event" subheader for everyone . Hadn't thought of this before since I myself just listed everything eligible and I'll just decide during the month what I'll play next but many will prefer to just enter with a selected game list.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

That's quite sneaky. :P 

@topic:
I'm interested and I guess I will join with the following games and I will try to finish them somewhere in 2017:

• Alice: Madness Returns (First trophy: 20th March 2014, Goal: Finish the story)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (First trophy: 15th November 2015, Goal: Finish the story (base-game + DLC))
  • Shift 2 Unleashed (First trophy: 15th May 2015, Goal: Get everything in singleplayer-modes)
  • ToeJam & Earl (First trophy: 8th February 2015, Goal: 100%)

Have to restart all of them.

you should go for the plat on alice madness returns, its really easy and its one of my favorite games of all time

30 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Added you all, and welcome! Feel free to tell me if I did something wrong here, but I just kept all the text you wrote next to the games.

Everything is fine as it is. =)

22 minutes ago, kusuriuriPT said:

you should go for the plat on alice madness returns, its really easy and its one of my favorite games of all time

From what I remember I really enjoyed the gameplay but I totally hated the collectibles. Honestly I don't remember why I actually stopped playing the game. :hmm:

Edited by Crimson Idol

For me this looks exactly like the 'A casual attack on your backlog' event which I use exactly like you say here, I try to eliminate old games that I haven't played in a while. So joining here would have me doing the same thing twice, or just once and posting the same result in both events. Anyhow I can't join because I don't have the necessary 50 posts yet (I'm more a reader than a writer)

Edited by Fredoline05
  • Like 1

i'm joining. I have a lot of games that I want to finish, so there are no regrets if I sign me up.

My list (it's big... :awesome:):

Spoiler

Games played through during event

(nothing yet)

Game(s) working on right now

Jeopardy (registered on "A Casual Attack")

Games on agenda for event

Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL (January 2015 - will be registered on "Spring Backlog Challenge")

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution (March 2015 - registered on "A Casual Attack")

Sly 2: Band of Thieves (December 2014 - registered on "A Casual Attack")

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (December 2014 - registered on "A Casual Attack")

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time [Vita] (August 2014 - PS3 version will be registered on "Spring Backlog Challenge", Vita version will be auto-popped)

Games on card for longer than 12 months (primary list)

Spoiler

Burnout Paradise (August 2014)

Crazy Taxi (October 2014)

DIRT 3 (November 2014)

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (August 2014)

Droplitz (February 2014)

Ferrari Challenge (July 2014)

Ferrari Racing Legends (September 2014)

Flower [PS3] (July 2014)

Flower [Vita] (July 2014)

Guily Gear XX Λ Core Plus R (April 2015)

Hot Shots Gold: World Invitational [PS3] (May 2014)

Injustice: Gods Among Us [PS3] (June 2015)

Injustice: Gods Among Us [PS4] (June 2015)

Krinkle Krusher [PS4] (May 2015)

LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (January 2014)

LittleBigPlanet [Vita] (September 2015)

LittleBigPlanet Karting (January 2014)

London 2012 (September 2015)

ModNation Racers (December 2012)

MUD (November 2014)

Muramasa Rebirth (April 2015)

NBA 2k14 (November 2014)

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (July 2014)

Okami HD (August 2013)

One Piece Pirate Warriors (January 2015)

Os Cavaleiros do Zodíaco: Batalha no Santuário (January 2014)

Pixeljunk Shooter (November 2014)

Plants vs Zombies [PS3] (May 2014)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 [PS4 - EU] (August 2015)

Puppeteer (February 2014)

Racquet Sports (August 2013)

Scott Pilgrim vs The World (March 2013)

Shake Spears (November 2014)

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed [Vita] (January 2015)

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (September 2013)

Soulcalibur V (August 2013)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (August 2013)

Supercar Challenge (March 2013)

Tales of Graces f (February 2015)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (March 2013)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (September 2014)

Worms Crazy Golf (August 2013)

Worms Revolution (September 2013)

Worms Ultimate Mayhem (April 2012)

Zack Zero (July 2013)

(etc.)

Games on card for longer than 12 months (secondary list)

Spoiler

Batman: Arkham Asylum (July 2013)

Braid (May 2014)

Brain Challenge (September 2013)

Catherine (August 2013)

Dead Nation [PS3] (October 2011)

El Chavo Kart (January 2015)

Grand Theft Auto IV (March 2014)

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (November 2014)

Hydrophobia (August 2013)

ICO (September 2013)

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (March 2013)

Minecraft (June 2015)

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (August 2012)

MX vs ATV Alive (March 2013)

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (September 2013)

OlliOlli (March 2015)

Rainbow Moon (October 2013)

Red Dead Redemption (August 2013)

Section 8 (September 2013)

SSX (June 2015)

Tomb Raider Underworld (January 2012)

TV Show King (October 2013)

Velocity Ultra (February 2014)

Wicked Monsters Blast! (August 2013)

(etc.)

Games eligible later in the event (already listed to prevent needless work later on)

Spoiler

BattleFantasia (April 3rd, 2016)

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational [Vita] (May 14th, 2016)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 [PS4 - NA] (Mat 21st, 2016)

(etc.)

EDIT: I've misread about "12 month criteria" - I pointed times about last achieved trophies instead of first trophies (It doesn't change anything with most part of my list anyway...). But I won't fix my list, since it would not change anything...

Edited by JoaoQuique
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fredoline05 said:

For me this looks exactly like the 'A casual attack on your backlog' event which I use exactly like you say here, I try to eliminate old games that I haven't played in a while. So joining here would have me doing the same thing twice, or just once and posting the same result in both events. Anyhow I can't join because I don't have the necessary 50 posts yet (I'm more a reader than a writer)

Yeah I'm in the Casual event as well, though I don't use it the same way. I use the Casual event to keep track of everything I'm doing at the moment (as kind of an overarching event), while I use a few other events to point me to specific games. For instance, I used Watch_Dogs 2 and The Last Guardian in the Casual event even though I started playing those right after buying them. This means that I'm often copy-pasting stuff from other events for the Casual event, but I do like that I have one event where I can keep track of everything at once (like the Financial event before it).

3 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

i'm joining. I have a lot of games that I want to finish, so there are no regrets if I sign me up.

My list (it's big... :awesome:):

Hide contents

Games played through during event

(nothing yet)

Game(s) working on right now

(nothing yet)

Games on agenda for event

Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL (January 2015 - will be registered on "Spring Backlog Challenge")

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution (March 2015 - registered on "A Casual Attack")

Sly 2: Band of Thieves (December 2014 - registered on "A Casual Attack")

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (December 2014 - registered on "A Casual Attack")

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time [Vita] (August 2014 - PS3 version will be registered on "Spring Backlog Challenge", Vita version will be auto-popped)

Games on card for longer than 12 months (primary list)

Reveal hidden contents

Burnout Paradise (August 2014)

Crazy Taxi (October 2014)

DIRT 3 (November 2014)

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (August 2014)

Droplitz (February 2014)

Ferrari Challenge (July 2014)

Ferrari Racing Legends (September 2014)

Flower [PS3] (July 2014)

Flower [Vita] (July 2014)

Guily Gear XX Λ Core Plus R (April 2015)

Hot Shots Gold: World Invitational [PS3] (May 2014)

Injustice: Gods Among Us [PS3] (June 2015)

Injustice: Gods Among Us [PS4] (June 2015)

Krinkle Krusher [PS4] (May 2015)

LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (January 2014)

LittleBigPlanet [Vita] (September 2015)

LittleBigPlanet Karting (January 2014)

London 2012 (September 2015)

ModNation Racers (December 2012)

MUD (November 2014)

Muramasa Rebirth (April 2015)

NBA 2k14 (November 2014)

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (July 2014)

Okami HD (August 2013)

One Piece Pirate Warriors (January 2015)

Os Cavaleiros do Zodíaco: Batalha no Santuário (January 2014)

Pixeljunk Shooter (November 2014)

Plants vs Zombies [PS3] (May 2014)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 [PS4 - EU] (August 2015)

Puppeteer (February 2014)

Racquet Sports (August 2013)

Scott Pilgrim vs The World (March 2013)

Shake Spears (November 2014)

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed [Vita] (January 2015)

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (September 2013)

Soulcalibur V (August 2013)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (August 2013)

Supercar Challenge (March 2013)

Tales of Graces f (February 2015)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (March 2013)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (September 2014)

Worms Crazy Golf (August 2013)

Worms Revolution (September 2013)

Worms Ultimate Mayhem (April 2012)

Zack Zero (July 2013)

(etc.)

Games on card for longer than 12 months (secondary list)

Reveal hidden contents

Batman: Arkham Asylum (July 2013)

Braid (May 2014)

Brain Challenge (September 2013)

Catherine (August 2013)

Dead Nation [PS3] (October 2011)

El Chavo Kart (January 2015)

Grand Theft Auto IV (March 2014)

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (November 2014)

Hydrophobia (August 2013)

ICO (September 2013)

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (March 2013)

Minecraft (June 2015)

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (August 2012)

MX vs ATV Alive (March 2013)

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (September 2013)

OlliOlli (March 2015)

Rainbow Moon (October 2013)

Red Dead Redemption (August 2013)

Section 8 (September 2013)

SSX (June 2015)

Tomb Raider Underworld (January 2012)

TV Show King (October 2013)

Velocity Ultra (February 2014)

Wicked Monsters Blast! (August 2013)

(etc.)

Games eligible later in the event (already listed to prevent needless work later on)

Reveal hidden contents

BattleFantasia (April 3rd, 2016)

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational [Vita] (May 14th, 2016)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 [PS4 - NA] (Mat 21st, 2016)

(etc.)

Yowza! Added, thankfully I'm not on my phone right now and I can just copy-paste everything right away...

57 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Everything is fine as it is. =)

From what I remember I really enjoyed the gameplay but I totally hated the collectibles. Honestly I don't remember why I actually stopped playing the game. :hmm:

i plated a long time ago but the collectibles where fine with a guide and finishing the game on hard you just needed to defeat the final boss on hard

4 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

I've got to run broken age, do you know any video guides where the majority of the trophies can be picked up (all but the speedrunning ones I think).

Yo Yo Yo Billy, sign me up!

here is my list:

PS3:

Spoiler

(PS3) Tomb Raider: Underworld – First Trophy: Jul 22, 2013 (9/33 - 14%) - Goal: 100%
(PS3) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes – First Trophy: Nov 26, 2013 (21/38 - 35%) – Goal: 100%
(PS3) Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy – First Trophy: Jul 16, 2013 (26/39 - 51%) – Goal: 100%
(PS3) ICO – First Trophy: Sep 7, 2013 (11/16 – 62%) – Goal: 100%
(PS3) Medal of Honor Frontline – First Trophy: Sep 29, 2012 (44/46 – 91%) – Goal: 100%
(PS3) GTA IV – First Trophy: Jan 7, 2012 (37/51 – 54% Base Game) – Goal: 100% on Base Game
(PS3) Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel – First Trophy: Oct 21, 2014 (42/51 – 86% Base Game) Goal: 100% on Base Game
(PS3) LittleBigPlanet – First Trophy: Dec 1, 2011 (45/48 – 88% Base Game) Goal: 100% on Base Game
(PS3) Medal Of Honor – First Trophy: Jan 30, 2012 (49/51 – 91%) - Goal: 100%
(PS3) Tomb Raider: Anniversary: First Trophy: Nov 25, 2012 (5/42 – 8%) – Goal: 100%
(PS3) Remember Me – First Trophy: May 1, 2014 (11/51 – 15%) – Goal: 100%

PS4:

Spoiler

(PS4) Destiny – First Trophy: Jan 5, 2015 (37/42 – 75% Base Game) – Goal: 100% Base Game

VITA:

Spoiler

(VITA) Killzone Mercenary: First Trophy: May 11, 2015 (49/53 – 95%) – Goal: 100%

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xEl_Cidx said:

Yo Yo Yo Billy, sign me up!

here is my list:

PS3:

Hide contents

(PS3) Tomb Raider: Underworld – First Trophy: Jul 22, 2013 (9/33 - 14%) - Goal: 100%
(PS3) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes – First Trophy: Nov 26, 2013 (21/38 - 35%) – Goal: 100%
(PS3) Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy – First Trophy: Jul 16, 2013 (26/39 - 51%) – Goal: 100%
(PS3) ICO – First Trophy: Sep 7, 2013 (11/16 – 62%) – Goal: 100%
(PS3) Medal of Honor Frontline – First Trophy: Sep 29, 2012 (44/46 – 91%) – Goal: 100%
(PS3) GTA IV – First Trophy: Jan 7, 2012 (37/51 – 54% Base Game) – Goal: 100% on Base Game
(PS3) Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel – First Trophy: Oct 21, 2014 (42/51 – 86% Base Game) Goal: 100% on Base Game
(PS3) LittleBigPlanet – First Trophy: Dec 1, 2011 (45/48 – 88% Base Game) Goal: 100% on Base Game
(PS3) Medal Of Honor – First Trophy: Jan 30, 2012 (49/51 – 91%) - Goal: 100%
(PS3) Tomb Raider: Anniversary: First Trophy: Nov 25, 2012 (5/42 – 8%) – Goal: 100%
(PS3) Remember Me – First Trophy: May 1, 2014 (11/51 – 15%) – Goal: 100%

PS4:

Hide contents

(PS4) Destiny – First Trophy: Jan 5, 2015 (37/42 – 75% Base Game) – Goal: 100% Base Game

VITA:

Hide contents

(VITA) Killzone Mercenary: First Trophy: May 11, 2015 (49/53 – 95%) – Goal: 100%

Done, welcome aboard!