"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Go ahead and sign me up man. Not going to bother posting my games though, since it's a sliding scale. 

Will do when I'm on a PC again!

13 minutes ago, mojtaba333 said:

what if i bought my console 8 month ago?

i mean i don't have games from one year ago :(

5 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

So am I right in thinking that this is for games you have already started and left? What about if you've owned a game for years, ps Plus games for example but haven't booted it up at any point, are they excluded? 

Yes indeed, for this event it's only games in which you obtained at least one trophy over a year ago.

May I suggest any of the following events for you two, depending on the state of your backlog and whether or not you're a completionist:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/45664-kill-your-completion-v3-0/

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/44023-falions-year-long-themed-backlog-event/

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/43363-super-golden-oldies-dust-off-your-ancient-consoles-event-2017-edition/

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/43024-a-casual-attack-on-your-backlog/

49 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Will do when I'm on a PC again!

Yes indeed, for this event it's only games in which you obtained at least one trophy over a year ago.

May I suggest any of the following events for you two, depending on the state of your backlog and whether or not you're a completionist:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/45664-kill-your-completion-v3-0/

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/44023-falions-year-long-themed-backlog-event/

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/43363-super-golden-oldies-dust-off-your-ancient-consoles-event-2017-edition/

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/43024-a-casual-attack-on-your-backlog/

I do have plenty of games that are on my list with only 1 or 2 trophies that would adhere to the guidelines, was just wondering on the earlier question 

I'd like to join! I've been collecting PS3 games for the past few years, and I keep putting off platting most of them. (But now that I see I mostly abandon Vita games)

I'm currently working on Final Fantasy XIII. First trophy earned: July 31, 2014. My goal is to plat it.

Games on agenda for event:

Atelier Ayesha PLUS: The Alchemist of Dusk. First trophy earned: December 19, 2015. Goal: Plat it.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. First trophy earned: December 25, 2013. Goal: 100%

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. First trophy earned: September 19, 2015. Goal: Plat it.

I guess that's it for now. Will try to post updates. It's unfortunate that I've abandoned the harder games, like Star Ocean 4, LBP vita, and Everybody's Golf. 

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

I do have plenty of games that are on my list with only 1 or 2 trophies that would adhere to the guidelines, was just wondering on the earlier question 

My bad, I misinterpreted as you having mostly only games of the second sort. Yeah it's only games with a trophy already earned, because those are the games that are already keeping your completion percentage down.

7 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'd like to join! I've been collecting PS3 games for the past few years, and I keep putting off platting most of them. (But not that I see I mostly abandon Vita games)

I'm currently working on Final Fantasy XIII. First trophy earned: July 31, 2014. My goal is to plat it.

Games on agenda for event:

Atelier Ayesha PLUS: The Alchemist of Dusk. First trophy earned: December 19, 2015. Goal: Plat it.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. First trophy earned: December 25, 2013. Goal: 100%

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. First trophy earned: September 19, 2015. Goal: Plat it.

I guess that's it for now. Will try to post updates. It's unfortunate that I've abandoned the harder games, like Star Ocean 4, LBP vita, and Everybody's Golf. 

Will add you when I'm on a PC again, welcome!

I have a feeling that my list will be the longest here when I finally get around to posting it... but there's a big difference between backlog games I've never started, and those I've started and abandoned (but want to complete). Still, I think I have a lot in the second category. 

For now, let me add Assassin's Creed III, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, Muramasa Rebirth, and PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate. I am currently playing AC III actively, and I have the DLC and multiplayer trophies at 100%. My goal is to get the Platinum (and obviously DLC 100% which I've already done). I'm enjoying it but will probably need some event motivation to grind out some of those collectibles and club challenges. 

For HDN Mk2, I started years ago as my first dip into the franchise, and stopped when I found out remakes were available on Vita, where I played them first. Then I went back recently and played HDN1 and I'm starting Mk2 to see how they are on PS3 (the Vita versions made major changes, such as removing characters due to licensing issues). 

Muramasa Rebirth is a game that has eluded me for years. I go back to it periodically to try to get further along, but I always move onto something else. I use the case from the Limited Edition of the game as my Vita case when I take it out of the house, so every time I see it I feel a bit mocked for not finishing the game that came with it. :)

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is a game I liked but never got very far with. I started it up again today and I'm enjoying it. 

Anyway, I want to Platinum all these games, or at least AC 3 and story complete on the others. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I have a feeling that my list will be the longest here when I finally get around to posting it... but there's a big difference between backlog games I've never started, and those I've started and abandoned (but want to complete). Still, I think I have a lot in the second category. 

For now, let me add Assassin's Creed III, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, Muramasa Rebirth, and PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate. I am currently playing AC III actively, and I have the DLC and multiplayer trophies at 100%. My goal is to get the Platinum (and obviously DLC 100% which I've already done). I'm enjoying it but will probably need some event motivation to grind out some of those collectibles and club challenges. 

For HDN Mk2, I started years ago as my first dip into the franchise, and stopped when I found out remakes were available on Vita, where I played them first. Then I went back recently and played HDN1 and I'm starting Mk2 to see how they are on PS3 (the Vita versions made major changes, such as removing characters due to licensing issues). 

Muramasa Rebirth is a game that has eluded me for years. I go back to it periodically to try to get further along, but I always move onto something else. I use the case from the Limited Edition of the game as my Vita case when I take it out of the house, so every time I see it I feel a bit mocked for not finishing the game that came with it. :)

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is a game I liked but never got very far with. I started it up again today and I'm enjoying it. 

Anyway, I want to Platinum all these games, or at least AC 3 and story complete on the others. 

As with the others, welcome and I'll add you when on a PC.

Also, I think this event already has more entrants than my other events put together. All because I decided to not ignore trophies for a change B)

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

Well, turns out I already finished both of my games. :D 

• PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
  • Ratchet and Clank 2

I've achieved the platinum trophy in both of these games for the Vita's 5th anniversary event, both games weren't ready to pop when I signed up, by the way. I've got some downtime right now because I need to transfer the other 6 games, besides those two and two different games, to my Vita so I thought I'd post this in the meantime. 

Anyways, I'll probably be updating my list with all of my backlog games when I'm done popping trophies tommorrow, there should be quite a lot that's left.

Also, I was wondering how you treat games that are on your profile with 0% for more than 12 months eg. no trophies earned yet.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

Sign me up for this altought I don't know if I can complete a game next month. You know why Billy ;)

My eligible games for this event are the following:

Batman Arkham Knight (First trophy 16.07.2015) Actually my first PS4 game and only 3 trophies left for the plat + a bunch of DLC trophies
Entwined (First trophy 18.07.2015)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist (First trophy 31.07.2015)
Stealt Inc 2: A Game of Clones (First trophy 05.08.2015)
Thw Withcher 3: Wild Hunt (First trophy 06.08.2015)
Assassin's Creed Chronicles China (First trophy 07.08.2015)
Fifa 15 (First trophy 08.08.2015) This is very unlikely that I will play this much more
The Last of Us Remastered (First trophy 24.08.2015)
Grow Home (First trophy 01.09.2015)
Teslagrad (First trophy 03.09.2015)
Super Time force Ultra (First trophy 16.09.2015)
Trials Fusion (First trophy 24.09.2015)
Broken Age (First trophy 08.10.2015)
Dragon Fin Soup (First trophy 03.11.2015) Want to get as many trophies as possible
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (First trophy 05.11.2015)
Bound by Flame (First trophy 21.11.2015)
Magicka 2 (First trophy 23.11.2015)
Dark Cloud (First trophy 06.12.2015)
Beyond: Two Souls (First trophy 17.12.2015)
Fallout 4 (First trophy 08.01.2016)
Styx: Master of Shadows (First trophy 12.01.2016)
Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicles (First trophy 19.01.2016)
flOw (First trophy 01.02.2016)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (First trophy 04.02.2016)
J-Stars Victory VS+ (First trophy 20.02.2016)

It's a longer list than I thought

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

Okay, I think I've got everybody now. Feel free to take a look if I added you all correctly.

7 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Also, I was wondering how you treat games that are on your profile with 0% for more than 12 months eg. no trophies earned yet.

Well done on the completions, I updated your list. Only games where at least one trophy has been earned over a year ago are eligible since those are the ones already keeping your completion down. Figured the ones without earned trophies already had enough events, with the events from you and gernboes allowing them and the event from Hemiak being specifically for them. I didn't want to steal away potential KYC gamers, but I wanted to complement KYC :)

6 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Sign me up for this altought I don't know if I can complete a game next month. You know why Billy ;)

[...]

It's a longer list than I thought

Added, welcome! Yeah I don't expect to see a lot of action here of any of the KYC3 gamers, don't worry about it.

And yeah we always have more games left than we think we do...

Sure, I'll join!

My eligible games are the following: Zuma, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, Sparkle Unleashed, Final Fantasy X HD, FInal Fantasy X-2 HD, Demon Gaze, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

I'm definitely aiming to get all of these to at least an A trophy rank and will try for story completion at least since a few of these I don't think I'll ever be able to plat.  Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is nearly done though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Sure, I'll join!

My eligible games are the following: Zuma, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, Sparkle Unleashed, Final Fantasy X HD, FInal Fantasy X-2 HD, Demon Gaze, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

I'm definitely aiming to get all of these to at least an A trophy rank and will try for story completion at least since a few of these I don't think I'll ever be able to plat.  Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is nearly done though.

Added, welcome!

Also, since there's so much more people joining this than my previous events, I think I may have to reconsider and just update the OP once a day, this way madness lies...

Ok, had a look through the list of eligible games, due to other commitments I will make a start from 1st March

Eligible games

• Lego Jurassic World (last trophy 5th Jan 2016)
  • Resogun (last trophy 19th Nov 2015)
  • Lego Batman 2 (last trophy 8th Oct 2015)
  • Driveclub (last trophy 27th Feb 2015)
  • Oddworld New 'n' tasty (last trophy 3rd Feb 2015)
  • Tour De France 2014 (last trophy 25th Dec 2014)
  • The Wolf Among Us (last trophy 11th Dec 2014)
  • PixelJunk Shooter Utimate (last trophy 15th Nov 2014)
  • Playstation AllStars Battle Royal (last trophy 11th Oct 2014)
  • Watch Dogs (last trophy (last trophy 27th May 2014)
  • Far Cry 3 (last trophy 1st Nov 2013)
  • Dirt Showdown (last trophy 27th May 2013)
  • Quantum Conundrum (last trophy 1st Feb 2013)
  • Red Dead Redemption (last trophy 19th Jan 2013)

Amongst others but that will do for now....

• Like 1

Just a little note:
Thanks to the Vita EA-sale in the EU PSN I now grabbed myself a digital copy of Shift 2. I still own my retail version but I realized that I tend to play racing games much more often when I have them as a download as I don't have to swap games all the time. Still want to finish most of Dirt 3 and Showdown before I switch to a racing game with a completely different driving stile, though.

So, I've listed all games that I intend on finishing in the future. I've also added two games which I completed today and were eligible for the event.

xFalionx

Hide contents

Games played through during event

February: Persona 4 Golden (December 2014), PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (July 2015), Ratchet & Clank 2 (October 2014), Frobisher Says! (April 2015)

Game(s) working on right now

Games on card for longer than 12 months, story and/or trophies not finished

Hide contents

Ratchet and Clank (September 2014)

PlayStation All-Stars battle Royale (December 2014)

LittleBigPlanet (January 2015)

Toukiden: The Age of Demons (January 2015)

Freedom Wars (February 2015)

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk (April 2015)

Resogun (June 2015)

Hotline Miami (July 2015)

Call of Duty: Ghosts (September 2015)

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (December 2015)

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (December 2015)

Games eligible later in the event, story and/or trophies not finished

Hide contents

Terraria (October 2016)

Titan Souls (January 2017)

• Like 1

Right. Heres my list

Red Dead Redemption (Jan 3rd 2011)

Borderlands (Oct 7th 2012)

Spider-Man:Shattered Dimensions (Jan 20th 2011)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Sep 7th 2009)

Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception (Jul 15th 2012)

Heavy Rain (July  21st 2010)

Final Fantasy XIII (March 22nd 2010)

Darksiders (Oct 4th 2014)

Worms Revolution (Aug 30th 2014)

Motorstorm Apocalypse (Jul 11th 2012)

The Godfather 2 (Aug 15th 2009)

3D Dot Games Heroes (Jun 24th 2010)

The Amazing Spider-Man (Nov 27th 2012)

Game Of Thrones RPG (Jun 15th 2012)

Thats enough for now i think. some of these will probably take me a month each anyway. I'll start the first game in march, not decided which one yet. Looking forward to boosting my completion percentage.

Edited by wolverine123
added another game
  • Like 1

Sign me and my backlog of shame up - an event like this focused on finishing games without necessarily 100%ing them sounds great.

Games on card for over 12 months, story not finished

Spoiler

Infamous (PS3) - March 2010

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) - March 2010

Soul Sacrifice Delta (Vita) - July 2014

Alien: Isolation (PS4) - November 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4) - November 2014

Freedom Wars (Vita) - November 2014

Final Fantasy X-2 HD (Vita) - December 2014

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (PS4) - February 2015

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Vita) - March 2015

Saints Row IV: Re-elected (PS4) - April 2015

Tales of Hearts R (Vita) - April 2015

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4) - June 2015

CounterSpy (Vita) - July 2015

Dark Souls II: SOTFS (PS4) - July 2015

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) - July 2015

Never Alone (PS4) - July 2015

Rogue Legacy (PS4) - July 2015

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (PS4) - July 2015

Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3) - July 2015

Operation Abyss (Vita) - August 2015

The Witcher 3 (PS4) - October 2015

Divinity: Original Sin (PS4) - January 2016

Games on card for over 12 months, story finished but want to do more

Spoiler

Demon's Souls (PS3) - March 2010

Tales of Xillia (PS3) - November 2014

Atelier Ayesha Plus (Vita) - January 2015

Bloodborne (PS4) - March 2015

Infamous First Light (PS4) - July 2015

Atelier Escha & Logy Plus (Vita) - January 2016

Trails of Cold Steel (Vita) - February 2016

Games eligible later (up to August 2016), story not finished

Spoiler

Dark Souls III (PS4) - April 2016

Stranger of Sword City (Vita) - April 2016

Tropico 5 (PS4) - May 2016

Beyond Good & Evil HD (PS3) - July 2016

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Vita) - July 2016

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (Vita) - July 2016

Mirror's Edge (PS3) - July 2016

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus (Vita) - July 2016

Yakuza 5 (PS3) - July 2016

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4) - August 2016

Dying Light (PS4) - August 2016

• Like 1

Everyone posting after my last has been added/updated.

14 hours ago, xFalionx said:

So, I've listed all games that I intend on finishing in the future. I've also added two games which I completed today and were eligible for the event.

xFalionx

Hide contents

Games played through during event

February: Persona 4 Golden (December 2014), PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (July 2015), Ratchet & Clank 2 (October 2014), Frobisher Says! (April 2015)

Game(s) working on right now

Games on card for longer than 12 months, story and/or trophies not finished

Hide contents

Ratchet and Clank (September 2014)

PlayStation All-Stars battle Royale (December 2014)

LittleBigPlanet (January 2015)

Toukiden: The Age of Demons (January 2015)

Freedom Wars (February 2015)

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk (April 2015)

Resogun (June 2015)

Hotline Miami (July 2015)

Call of Duty: Ghosts (September 2015)

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (December 2015)

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (December 2015)

Games eligible later in the event, story and/or trophies not finished

Hide contents

Terraria (October 2016)

Titan Souls (January 2017)

Wow, going through your list quickly! Not that it matters if you didn't, but are those played through games in order that you completed them? Just wondering since you put one ahead of the two you had already.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a great game (providing you liked II), much better combat system and fun story/setting.

12 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

Right. Heres my list

Red Dead Redemption (Jan 3rd 2011)

Borderlands (Oct 7th 2012)

Spider-Man:Shattered Dimensions (Jan 20th 2011)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Sep 7th 2009)

Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception (Jul 15th 2012)

Heavy Rain (July  21st 2010)

Final Fantasy XIII (March 22nd 2010)

Darksiders (Oct 4th 2014)

Worms Revolution (Aug 30th 2014)

Motorstorm Apocalypse (Jul 11th 2012)

The Godfather 2 (Aug 15th 2009)

3D Dot Games Heroes (Jun 24th 2010)

The Amazing Spider-Man (Nov 27th 2012)

Game Of Thrones RPG (Jun 15th 2012)

Thats enough for now i think. some of these will probably take me a month each anyway. I'll start the first game in march, not decided which one yet. Looking forward to boosting my completion percentage.

Welcome! Added you to the OP.

Red Dead Redemption: Great game, played through it twice already.

Shattered Dimensions: Never finished it, I liked playing it but I got distracted by a pre-order (I think it was Black Flag).

10 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

Sign me and my backlog of shame up - an event like this focused on finishing games without necessarily 100%ing them sounds great.

Games on card for over 12 months, story not finished

Hide contents

Infamous (PS3) - March 2010

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) - March 2010

Soul Sacrifice Delta (Vita) - July 2014

Alien: Isolation (PS4) - November 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4) - November 2014

Freedom Wars (Vita) - November 2014

Final Fantasy X-2 HD (Vita) - December 2014

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (PS4) - February 2015

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Vita) - March 2015

Saints Row IV: Re-elected (PS4) - April 2015

Tales of Hearts R (Vita) - April 2015

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4) - June 2015

CounterSpy (Vita) - July 2015

Dark Souls II: SOTFS (PS4) - July 2015

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) - July 2015

Never Alone (PS4) - July 2015

Rogue Legacy (PS4) - July 2015

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (PS4) - July 2015

Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3) - July 2015

Operation Abyss (Vita) - August 2015

The Witcher 3 (PS4) - October 2015

Divinity: Original Sin (PS4) - January 2016

Games on card for over 12 months, story finished but want to do more

Hide contents

Demon's Souls (PS3) - March 2010

Tales of Xillia (PS3) - November 2014

Atelier Ayesha Plus (Vita) - January 2015

Bloodborne (PS4) - March 2015

Infamous First Light (PS4) - July 2015

Atelier Escha & Logy Plus (Vita) - January 2016

Trails of Cold Steel (Vita) - February 2016

Games eligible later (up to August 2016), story not finished

Hide contents

Dark Souls III (PS4) - April 2016

Stranger of Sword City (Vita) - April 2016

Tropico 5 (PS4) - May 2016

Beyond Good & Evil HD (PS3) - July 2016

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Vita) - July 2016

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (Vita) - July 2016

Mirror's Edge (PS3) - July 2016

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus (Vita) - July 2016

Yakuza 5 (PS3) - July 2016

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4) - August 2016

Dying Light (PS4) - August 2016

Added, welcome!

I still need to go through inFAMOUS as well. Bought it after playing and enjoying the two PS4 titles but it's just so slow compared to the current gen ones...

Alien Isolation is not without fault but I am so glad I finally got through it... On the easiest difficulty setting and without playing more than a few chapters at a time.

AC Black Flag, not much of an AC game but an amazing Pirates Of The Caribbean game.

CounterSpy, lots of fun (I prefer the PS4 version).

MGS Ground Zeroes, great game and much better than Phantom Pain. Story can be completed pretty quickly though.

The Witcher 3, playing through it myself right now. Great game and I feel ashamed that I can't seem to finish games like this.

Tropico 5, loved it while playing it in KYC and it's stupid that I haven't gone back to it yet. Going to mostly buy new games for the Switch now and concentrate on games I already have for the PS4, this one is really high on my list.

6 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I have several I have on my account.

I think it comes to around 130 games....

Well, think of one to play and let's start :)

Creating an immediate list of games to play is not needed, for this event it's perfectly fine to just start a game whenever you feel like it.

• Like 2