"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

Just now, NebbyLunala said:

I'm glad someone else helped you because I only played that game up to the part where they crash into the volcano, early in the game, and got really bored really fast. Tried to play 13-2 but the game crashed on the loading screen. Hopefully they'll do a Lightning Collection with all three games for the PS4 so I can try it again, but knowing the bad press it got and the bad gameplay it had, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Don't know about 13-2 or Lightning Returns, but the gameplay isn't THAT bad in the first one. It's just different.

On 2/24/2017 at 9:39 AM, NebbyLunala said:

Hopefully they'll do a Lightning Collection with all three games for the PS4 so I can try it again, but knowing the bad press it got and the bad gameplay it had, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

That's the problem with series that try to innovate and change every iteration. Sometimes they just go somewhere people don't like or aren't ready for. Like @Edunstar84 said, these games aren't bad by any stretch, they're just very different, and the story is a bit muddled. If you actually pay attention it isn't bad, but it's easy to mix up the terms and characters if you aren't paying attention.

The battle mechanics are also pretty automatic which people disliked. It's not like 12 where you can just set up specific gambits and leave the room for half an hour, but if you play on the easiest difficulty and never try any of the optional stuff you could probably beat the whole game without ever really learning the Paradigm system, which is unfortunate. 

13-2 plays almost exactly like the original, but you have three monsters that each have a specific "job" you can use to flesh out your paradigms. 

LR is pretty different. Light has different outfits that change her skills and abilities. Each outfit has its own ATB bar to manage, and they all fill up when not in use. The trick is to use a bunch of abilities from one, then switch over to continue the chain. Each one can have 4 abilities equipped, some of which are locked to that specific outfit. You can further customize by equipping different weapons, shields, and accessories. 

Again, for all three, if you play on easy and just go straight through you'll never really need to dive into the mechanics, but fighting the tougher bosses will require extra planning and set up to succeed. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

I signed up with AMY and I'm playing it because of this event. Maybe i didn't understand your question? 

Ah, Loud And Clear is a trophy in Amy. Looked like a pause button and some random words, I didn't know what was going on any more, got pretty confusing.

10 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

AMY 100%!!! AFTER ALMOST 4 YEARS, IT'S DONE! 

such a burden taken off my shoulders, wow. I might actually be able to plat shift 2 as well then

Congrats!

Sounds like how happy I'll be when I finally get through Witcher 3. That's not a bad game at all, I just seem to never be able to get through games that are this big.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say that I'm technically working on Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist as I'm playing a bit when I have only little time. This one will be a long term game.

@BillyHorrible: I misspelled The Witcher totally in my list and you just copied it. It says: Thw Withcher. Also there's an "h" missing from Stealth Inc :facepalm:

Maybe you want to fix that.

Update:

1S29037b.png

Merlin First Class Candidate

HP is done & over with finally after nearly 4 years. I’d never recommend anyone try this one; I could only play it for a few hours at a time before the jerky camera & blurry invisibility cloak would give me a headache. Thankfully that’s over with now.

Next up to complete is Star Trek. One of the trophies has glitched out on me (Completing half of all optional objectives), so I’ll have to delete my save & run through at least half the game again. But I get a laugh out of this glitchy mess so I don’t mind that. The tough part will be completing the space battle with 85% hull integrity trophy.

Trophies [47/50]

Also I’ll be chipping away at Sorcery Saga. Had to quit playing it a few months ago when I lost my 99+ equipment just over 100 floors up the last dungeon. Doubt I’ll finish it up for the month. Even if I do I’ll still save the platinum for maybe my 60th plat.

Trophies [27/34]

Spoiler

Games played through during event

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (Aug 2013 - Feb 2017)

Game(s) working on right now

{PS3} Star Trek (May 2013) [Main]

{PSV} Sorcery Sage: Curse of the Great Curry God (February 2015) [Main]

Games on card for longer than 12 months     

Spoiler

{PSV} Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dust (November 2015) [Main]

{PS4} Borderlands 2 (February 2016) [Story]

{PS3/PSV} Borderlands 2 (December 2014) [Main + DLC]

{PS4} Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (February 2016) [Story]

{PSV} Deception IV: Blood Ties (April 2015) [Main]

{PSV} Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (September 2015) [Story]

{PSV} Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (May 2015) [Main]

{PS3} Dragon Age: Origins (December 2010) [Main + DLC]

{PS3} Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (August 2015) [Main + DLC]

{PSV} Final Fantasy X HD (January 2015) [Main]

{PSV} Final Fantasy X-2 (February 2015) [Main]

{PS3} Grand Theft Auto V (June 2014) [Main + Online]

{PSV} Gravity Rush (February 2015) [DLC]

{PS3} James Bond 007: Bloodstone (December 2010) [Main + Online]

{PS4} King’s Quest (December 2015) [Story]

{PS3} Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (December 2013) [Story]

{PS3} Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (December 2013) [Story]

{PS3} Little Big Planet (December 2010) [Main + DLC]

{PS3} Mass Effect 2 (December 2015) [Main + DLC]

{PS3} Need For Speed: Rivals (August 2015) [Story]

{PSV} Rainbow Moon (September 2015) [Story]

{PS3} Resonance of Fate (June 2015) [Story]

{PS3} Star Ocean: The Last Hope International (July 2011) [Main]

{PSV} Tales of Hearts R (July 2015) [Main]

{PS4} The Evil Within (December 2015) [Main]

{PS3} The Last of Us (October 2014) [Online + DLC]

{PS3} Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (May 2013) [Online]

{PS3} Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception (December 2012) [Online]

Everyone should have been updated, @ me if I left you out or did something wrong.

Thinking about making monday my standard update day.

On 24-2-2017 at 2:17 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Update:

Final Fantasy 13

Right now, I'm trying to finesse my Shalong gui strategy. Out of 10 I was only able to take him down 3x. Didn't get a Dark Matter, unfortunatley. I've had to use Renew 2x, so my strategy needs a bit more work. And I believe I need to upgrade 2 of my weapons a bit more and an accessory. Thing is I need more money, so I'll be back to the -toise grinding for plat ingots, which I need anyway for the Treasure trophy.

For those that played the game, which is better plat ingot farming or perfume farming?

Never played the game much. Added it to your list of games playing through, do you want me to add more info? Like first trophy and goal, what you did with your other games?

12 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

From the looks of it, Psychonauts will be prime for this event: Tried to get I LOVE PUNCHING! but I have the worst reflexes in humankind, I keep missing the good targets and losing points. :(

You'll have to wait almost a full year before it could count for this event though xD

6 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Just wanted to say that I'm technically working on Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist as I'm playing a bit when I have only little time. This one will be a long term game.

@BillyHorrible: I misspelled The Witcher totally in my list and you just copied it. It says: Thw Withcher. Also there's an "h" missing from Stealth Inc :facepalm:

Maybe you want to fix that.

So, you expect me to retype everyone's lists? xD I'm just going to copy-paste whatever you write.

4 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Update:

1S29037b.png

Merlin First Class Candidate

HP is done & over with finally after nearly 4 years. I’d never recommend anyone try this one; I could only play it for a few hours at a time before the jerky camera & blurry invisibility cloak would give me a headache. Thankfully that’s over with now.

Next up to complete is Star Trek. One of the trophies has glitched out on me (Completing half of all optional objectives), so I’ll have to delete my save & run through at least half the game again. But I get a laugh out of this glitchy mess so I don’t mind that. The tough part will be completing the space battle with 85% hull integrity trophy.

Trophies [47/50]

Also I’ll be chipping away at Sorcery Saga. Had to quit playing it a few months ago when I lost my 99+ equipment just over 100 floors up the last dungeon. Doubt I’ll finish it up for the month. Even if I do I’ll still save the platinum for maybe my 60th plat.

Trophies [27/34]

Reveal hidden contents

Games played through during event

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (Aug 2013 - Feb 2017)

Game(s) working on right now

{PS3} Star Trek (May 2013) [Main]

{PSV} Sorcery Sage: Curse of the Great Curry God (February 2015) [Main]

Games on card for longer than 12 months     

Reveal hidden contents

{PSV} Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dust (November 2015) [Main]

{PS4} Borderlands 2 (February 2016) [Story]

{PS3/PSV} Borderlands 2 (December 2014) [Main + DLC]

{PS4} Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (February 2016) [Story]

{PSV} Deception IV: Blood Ties (April 2015) [Main]

{PSV} Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (September 2015) [Story]

{PSV} Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (May 2015) [Main]

{PS3} Dragon Age: Origins (December 2010) [Main + DLC]

{PS3} Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (August 2015) [Main + DLC]

{PSV} Final Fantasy X HD (January 2015) [Main]

{PSV} Final Fantasy X-2 (February 2015) [Main]

{PS3} Grand Theft Auto V (June 2014) [Main + Online]

{PSV} Gravity Rush (February 2015) [DLC]

{PS3} James Bond 007: Bloodstone (December 2010) [Main + Online]

{PS4} King’s Quest (December 2015) [Story]

{PS3} Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (December 2013) [Story]

{PS3} Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (December 2013) [Story]

{PS3} Little Big Planet (December 2010) [Main + DLC]

{PS3} Mass Effect 2 (December 2015) [Main + DLC]

{PS3} Need For Speed: Rivals (August 2015) [Story]

{PSV} Rainbow Moon (September 2015) [Story]

{PS3} Resonance of Fate (June 2015) [Story]

{PS3} Star Ocean: The Last Hope International (July 2011) [Main]

{PSV} Tales of Hearts R (July 2015) [Main]

{PS4} The Evil Within (December 2015) [Main]

{PS3} The Last of Us (October 2014) [Online + DLC]

{PS3} Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (May 2013) [Online]

{PS3} Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception (December 2012) [Online]

Congrats! I played the first Harry Potter and didn't really notice much out of the ordinary though.

22 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I already started playing Ratchet & Clank again since it fits march's theme in my own event, so you can move that game to the games I'm working on.

Wait, you can just start on your March games now? I thought we were supposed to wait until the first of the month...

Update on my own game:

L4a541a.png

Since my last update, I went to Novigrad. Still there now, mostly done some main quests though I haven't played a lot more yet. Hope I can get a lot done today, Wednesday and Thursday because Friday is Zelda time! I will keep on playing Witcher III though, I'm really into it now and I feel like playing through it this time around, won't let myself get distracted any more (I chose short games for the KYC3 event so I could spend more time on Witcher 3 and Zelda).

I platted Final Fantasy XIII!! I nearly had a heart attack because I went to Bhakti and no plat! I was missing an item. Fortunately for me I had a previous save where I kept most of my weapons/accessories. I guess I missed one...must have been distracted or something. Anyway....

Don't have the final time tally yet, but if I had to take a guess...2 years 8 months.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Edunstar84 said:

I platted Final Fantasy XIII!! I nearly had a heart attack because I went to Bhakti and no plat! I was missing an item. Fortunately for me I had a previous save where I kept most of my weapons/accessories. I guess I missed one...must have been distracted or something. Anyway....

Don't have the final time tally yet, but if I had to take a guess...2 years 8 months.

Congratulations! I've updated your stats.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Wait, you can just start on your March games now? I thought we were supposed to wait until the first of the month...

Yeah, as long as you leave 2 or more trophies before the platinum, it will still count towards next month's theme. I admit that it's a bit cheesy, but it has been done in the past by others and I'm signed into an event that will take up most of my March gaming time, guess which one that could be. :D 

Anyways, as for a progress report on my own game.

I've now finished pretty much anything besides collecting 1.000.000 bolts and buying all of the expansive stuff, which leaves me at 30/35 trophies. The hoverboard skill points were really annoying because of the Vita controls but I managed to get them eventually after a few hours of trying.Basically the only thing that's left for me to do is playing through the game like 4 more times, or alternatively abusing a glitch to get that kind of money. I'd rather play through the game some more (since it really is a great game) but in case I end up running out of time I can still cheese the trophy in a few hours of waiting while :circle: is held down by some sort of object I've got lying around.

@Edunstar84 Congrats, that took you quite a while. :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah, as long as you leave 2 or more trophies before the platinum, it will still count towards next month's theme. I admit that it's a bit cheesy, but it has been done in the past by others and I'm signed into an event that will take up most of my March gaming time, guess which one that could be. :D 

... Switch It Up?

1 minute ago, xFalionx said:

Anyways, as for a progress report on my own game.

I've now finished pretty much anything besides collecting 1.000.000 bolts and buying all of the expansive stuff, which leaves me at 30/35 trophies. The hoverboard skill points were really annoying because of the Vita controls but I managed to get them eventually after a few hours of trying.Basically the only thing that's left for me to do is playing through the game like 4 more times, or alternatively abusing a glitch to get that kind of money. I'd rather play through the game some more (since it really is a great game) but in case I end up running out of time I can still cheese the trophy in a few hours of waiting while :circle: is held down by some sort of object I've got lying around.

Yeah, damn those annoying Vita controls xD

The game store near me has the Switch glass protectors now so I could see with my own eyes how big the screen will be... Pretty small compared to what I figured it would be, I am now even more convinced that the Switch is the handheld console I've been waiting for.

@xFalionx, Yeah, it did. The first time I played it, I wasn't really feeling the game but promised myself that I would finish this year. And it really shouldn't have taken me that long, but I had really, really horrible rng. Hours with no Traps, and just a handful of plat ingots. I've been reading the older forums of the games, and it seemed like I had the short end of the stick with regards to component drops.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I've now finished pretty much anything besides collecting 1.000.000 bolts

Have much fun doing this. When I did this on my PS3 I had done about 6 playthroughs before I decided to use one of the Bolt Glitches (and it turned out I wasn't far away from the 1,000,000 bolts as it only took about 40 minutes). On the Vita I directly started using one Bolt Glitch in my second playthrough and it took me six hours of constantly pressing the face-button to use the Taunter. I used that glitch btw as it's easier to setup than the Race-one:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/ratchet-and-clank-hd/184328-easier-bolt-glitch-repeatable.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

... Switch It Up?

Yeah, damn those annoying Vita controls xD

The game store near me has the Switch glass protectors now so I could see with my own eyes how big the screen will be... Pretty small compared to what I figured it would be, I am now even more convinced that the Switch is the handheld console I've been waiting for.

You, sir, are thinking way too much about the Switch. :lol: That harbors another guess.

Yeah, It's basically a combination of the Vita and the VitaTV with better hardware. And I guess it won't be mistreated by it's company. *shoots disappointed glare at Sony*

I guess the downside to that is that it's the world's most expensive handheld and I wouldn't dare to bring it outside with me in the area I live in. 

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

Have much fun doing this. When I did this on my PS3 I had done about 6 playthroughs before I decided to use one of the Bolt Glitches (and it turned out I wasn't far away from the 1,000,000 bolts as it only took about 40 minutes). On the Vita I directly started using one Bolt Glitch in my second playthrough and it took me six hours of constantly pressing the face-button to use the Taunter. I used that glitch btw as it's easier to setup than the Race-one:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/ratchet-and-clank-hd/184328-easier-bolt-glitch-repeatable.html

Honestly, I don't mind replaying the game a bunch of times. I'm already halfway through playthrough 3 and I've done more than 50 playthroughs back on the PS2. It used to be my favorite game before R&C3 was released. Thanks for telling me that other glitch though, that might come in handy if I end up running out of time in March.

• Like 1