Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dreakon139

Two trophy related questions... (HUGE spoilers)

10 posts in this topic

So I beat the game and went with Deal...

so Kate hates me and Roman is dead.

Romans number is still in my phone. I'm guessing he won't answer ever? Kind of a dumb question but I dunno if the game would just defy reality for the sake of fun. Basically I'm just wondering if I have to worry about Roman at all when it comes to the trophy of getting all my friends liking me above 90%. Though his friendship is at 100% anyways it seems.

Also, is there any way to get Kate to come back around? I never dated her the first time around (was rushing through the missions to get the "beat the game in under 30 hours" gold trophy, but I wouldn't mind porking her for the Warm Coffee trophy. Boo yah!

You went with deal? Personally, I didn't like Deal because with you-know-who gone, I don't get free cab rides around the city.

Anyhow, I'll answer your question. No, not having Roman won't stop you from being able to have Friend With Benefits (or whatever is called).

And sorry, no idea if you can go back with Kate (since in my case, she's dead :P ). But don't worry, you can still get Warm Coffee with someone else. Just check the internet for the dating site, and you'll find one or two girls you can actually date (forgot their names).

No, it won't stop you as long as his like status is already above 90% and you have earned his special skill, just get 4 other friends' like status over 90% and you will achieve the trophy. Personally, I thought that the friendship trophies were annoying as hell because they were unattainable if you took a certain route.

No, it won't stop you as long as his like status is already above 90% and you have earned his special skill, just get 4 other friends' like status over 90% and you will achieve the trophy. Personally, I thought that the friendship trophies were annoying as hell because they were unattainable if you took a certain route.

I never unlocked Roman's special skill, but his like and respect are at 100%. I never hung out with him because I was rushing through the game to beat it in under 30 hours lol. Will that effect it?

You went with deal? Personally, I didn't like Deal because with you-know-who gone, I don't get free cab rides around the city.

I beat the game three times before, always choosing Revenge. I wanted to try something different this time, but I'm really regretting it since it's messing up a number of my trophies.

I never unlocked Roman's special skill, but his like and respect are at 100%. I never hung out with him because I was rushing through the game to beat it in under 30 hours lol. Will that effect it?

Well, not unlocking a friends skill doesn't affect the 100% completion, but you will need to have unlocked it for the Driving Mr. Bellic trophy, if you haven't got the trophy, then just start another game, then, when available, start taking Roman out until you do unlock it, it won't take that long. It also won't affect the Liberty City (5) trophy but just make sure that you have 5 friends that you can still take out because I know that if you have taken a certain route in the story, there was no way of achieving the trophy.

Honestly, there was no need to worry about completing the game in under 30 hours, I used to complete the story in about 12 hours and 100% it in about 18.

Well, not unlocking a friends skill doesn't affect the 100% completion, but you will need to have unlocked it for the Driving Mr. Bellic trophy, if you haven't got the trophy, then just start another game, then, when available, start taking Roman out until you do unlock it, it won't take that long. It also won't affect the Liberty City (5) trophy but just make sure that you have 5 friends that you can still take out because I know that if you have taken a certain route in the story, there was no way of achieving the trophy.

Honestly, there was no need to worry about completing the game in under 30 hours, I used to complete the story in about 12 hours and 100% it in about 18.

Are you sure about that? There are only 5 friends total that you can get (unless girlfriends count). Roman, Packie, Dwayne, Brucie and Jacob. In any scenario of anyone dying, the trophy would become missable... right?

Though through random Googling, people say the only friends that count towards that trophy are the ones that are alive. Any idea of there's truth to that?

Are you sure about that? There are only 5 friends total that you can get (unless girlfriends count). Roman, Packie, Dwayne, Brucie and Jacob. In any scenario of anyone dying, the trophy would become missable... right?

Though through random Googling, people say the only friends that count towards that trophy are the ones that are alive. Any idea of there's truth to that?

I can't remember exactly, but to be honest, I would start again and keep 5 friends alive. Brucie, Jacob and Packie make it to the end regardless, kill Playboy instead of Dwayne and choose to kill Dimitri at the end.

I can't remember exactly, but to be honest, I would start again and keep 5 friends alive. Brucie, Jacob and Packie make it to the end regardless, kill Playboy instead of Dwayne and choose to kill Dimitri at the end.

Yeah... after reading a bit more it sounds like the two requirements for this thing is that you need to do at least one activity with each of the five friends and their "like" needs to be over 90%. Roman liked me from the missions, but since I was hurrying through the game I never actually went out with him. I hurried through the game moreso because of impatience, not worrying about the 30 hours.

What kills the most is I actually made a seperate save before I chose Deal just in-case something like this came up... which I overwrote with my New Game to get "Driving Mr Bellic" because I thought I finally had all of my bases covered.

A forced fifth playthrough of GTAIV just for one trophy? That might be a stretch. I love the game but that's a tough pill to swallow for me.

I beat the game three times before, always choosing Revenge. I wanted to try something different this time, but I'm really regretting it since it's messing up a number of my trophies.

What I did the first time I played was save before the mission where you find your ol' friend, and killed him. Then I went with Deal, which costed me Roman. I finished the game, and reloaded. I forgave my ol' friend and went with Revenge, which costed me Kate, which I didn't mind :P .

What I did the first time I played was save before the mission where you find your ol' friend, and killed him. Then I went with Deal, which costed me Roman. I finished the game, and reloaded. I forgave my ol' friend and went with Revenge, which costed me Kate, which I didn't mind :P .

Yeah, like I said this time around I actually made a seperate save beforehand so I could play the game out as I chose to. I did Deal and figured it was good enough, overwrote the seperate save (not the Story Complete one) with a New Game to get a missable trophy or two... and apparently I missed more than I thought because I can't get Liberty City 5 until I play through the whole dang thing again (or at least a goooood chunk of it). :(