Zombie Strategies

For those who haven't unlocked the zombie yet, it is the hardest class to complete the game with. You start off with 0 in every stat, except for charisma which is -99. And to make matters worse, you do not have access to the dream vault, and almost all of your level ups will be Charisma. However you must finish 3 runs as a zombie on at least normal difficulty to get the 3 zombie medals for that extra medal.

Before saying any strategy, I haven't found any strategy that will guarantee easy success. No matter what you do, you'll need a fair bit of luck to win.

There are 2 ways of beating the game that I recommend for the zombie.

A. Do the astrologist quest: No bosses, just cross 620km. You can even play this on Maniac mode if you want.

B. Defeat Alma on the 1st or 2nd encounter.

If your strategy is A, you'll need to play dead often, but you'll make it.

If your strategy is B because you want a small chance to get a super fast run or just want to kill Alma, then you're going to need a very aggressive build with a few lucky items.

Starting out, you should have the following perks, Str up x2, Animal Lover, and Venture Funds x2.

Set up your castle so that you have your weapon's dealer, the cook (optional), and the mature mandragora. 

Lastly, choose World LEbphPxb for an early Legendary Smith

When you start the game, buy the knight's sword and sell off the Nayuta and Force Grill for a bit of extra cash. Get the mandragora, and make your way to the 32km mark while killing as much possible. Once you reach 32km, you'll find a legendary smith in a town on the bottom side of the map. The legendary smith can do 2 things for you, turn your Rotten armor into Travel Clothes, in case you need armor for 1000 Lapis, and more importantly, give you a Quality Whetstone for 500 Lapis afterward. So if you have the money, do both things. If not, at least get the quality Whetstone to improve the weapon you will use (don't use it yet). Now, here is where luck comes in. With your current setup, you can hurt Alma for 70-90% of her hp, but you need to find out how you want to do the rest. You could find a better weapon like a Mineral Axe, and win on the first run. You could find various potions to weaken her. You can get super lucky and find a Knight's Charm and easily slaughter Alma with that. Or you can just finish her off in the 2nd encounter. Whatever you find along the way to her will decide what strategy you use.

Regardless, here is how to fight Alma. Make sure you use the Whetstone before the fight, and remember f you need to heal, heal. Also, if she starts concentrating, escape backward diagonally to stop her concentration.  Now, your first goal is breaking her barrier. With you and your hopefully alive dog, breaking through the 15 hit barrier should be a breeze. Afterward, burn an awakening, to get to her backside and hit her once. When that awakening runs out, use the remaining 4, to strike her back. This will be the majority of the damage you'll do in this fight. Afterward, she'll turn back toward you and you'll begin your incredibly standard hit, heals, and dodges.  If you got lucky, she'll be defeated before she can run away. If you didn't, she is probably super low hp, so just play dead and travel to safely get to your 2nd encounter, where you'll probably win.

(As an aside, I could never get the 5x pugilism or any variation of that build to work for me, so I'm not going to talk about it)

Edited by bladesoframen