Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Director's Cut coming to PS4 on May 23rd

Oh I've been waiting for this! :D Hoping it comes out over here at around the same time as well. 

In Japan, an HD version of Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Director’s Cut will be released on the PlayStation 4 sometime this year. The game will be download only.

The official name of the full-HD up-rendered version is Ultimate Hits HD Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Director’s Cut. Jaggies and light shadows have been reduced, resulting in clearer images as the game has been run through Sony’s own HD emulator.

The original version of Star Ocean: Till the End of Time was released in 2003 on the PlayStation 2 in Japan. The Director’s Cut version, which had new gameplay modes and playable characters was released in Japan and internationally the following year.

http://kotaku.com/star-ocean-till-the-end-of-time-is-getting-an-hd-versi-1792621405

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 1

AH now we'll see, does Square really care about us costumers and take it to the west or just think about money for real and not take it being afraid of the risks? (Like Setsuna on Vita...) 

Let's see! If it arrives well then, something else to buy i guess :3

Holy crap, that's awesome! Please tell me it's coming to the west as well. I've heard a lot of good things about the game, but unfortunately I've never played it. I would love to change that and earn some trophies at the same time. :giggle: Definitely the most excited I've been for a PS2 classic on PS4 in a very long time.

Ahh crap I bought the second evolution strategy guide but that's for japan only on the ps4. Hope that one makes it in the US. I'm not a big fan of translating atm.

Till the end of time, ohh gawd heard those Bt's were in the same category has the last hope lol but even worse :/

well I'll give it a shot

2 hours ago, Mayadome said:

The #1 game I wanted on PS4. Now I hope and pray the platinum covers absolutely everything in the game including the 200 floor dungeon and Freya and I'll be happy. No 100% battle trophies though... please.

So, you want the plat to cover absolutely everything in the game, but not absolutely everything? xD

The Bunny Races were awful, too.

2 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I wonder if the BTs will be required for the plat? It'll be... "interesting" if so.

There's nothing more fun than fighting 50,000(!) battles, or leaving your TV on all night so that stupid sphere can hit enough people in a single battle. God - I hated those trophies. It would be nice if they only required you to get all of the unlocks from the trophies. You didn't need everything for that in the original game.

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

There's nothing more fun than fighting 50,000(!) battles, or leaving your TV on all night so that stupid sphere can hit enough people in a single battle. God - I hated those trophies. It would be nice if they only required you to get all of the unlocks from the trophies. You didn't need everything for that in the original game.

I actually prefer the grindy stuff before something like defeating some end-game super-boss on the highest difficulty. :P Although I did get my fill of that kinda stuff on SO4 too...  sweetdrop onion head