So how would you change trophies...?

willmill97

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Awe, come ON people! I bolded it and didn't make it that difficult to read!!!

I would change it so that NO ONE could view trophy information about OTHER gamers.

You know, I just recalled Fakeblock from Arrested Development xD here, have a like for reminding me of that debacle!

I would change the designs of certain trophies, no more pictures that jus have a 1 - 6 like 10 times in the list, but really unique designs, also for platinum i wouldn't have platinums have that standart platinum design, but for every game an unique design (look for example of how it shouldn't be with the platinum at TTG The Walking Dead).

The reason why i want to change the designs of many trophies is because I like to scroll through the trophy designs, to see the unique stuff the game developer has done, while you could argue that it's nothing important, it's just fun to see what kind of detail the developer can put into the achievements.

• Like 1

I agree with lot of the ideas mentioned here, but i will add 2 important things:

1. I can browse my trophy list in offline mode. there is no point that i must be online so i must sync my trophies in order to browse them (it should be exactly the opposite) :hmm:
  2. They MUST NEVER change the trophy popup unique sound (*tren*)  :platinum:
Edited by MHD_es3af

Obligatory progression trophies (x chapter completes, x games played, etc), X1 tracker, trophy progress saved on the trophy system, not on game/console (so if you miss something and lose your save, you just need to finish the rest), possibility to unlock online trophies in single player at the cost that they are much harder to the point that any medium person would rather play MP, but still making them achievable in SP after servers closure. Online trophies for games with closed servers would be added to the list when you sync them to PSN. 

15 minutes ago, MHD_es3af said:

I agree with lot of the ideas mentioned here, but i will add 2 important things:

1. I can browse my trophy list in offline mode. there is no point that i must be online so i must sync my trophies in order to browse them (it should be exactly the opposite) :hmm:
  2. The MUST NEVER change the trophy popup unique sound (*tren*)  :platinum:

You can do #1 in all systems 

I'd completely change the whole trophy system and would make them dynamical. Whenever a game is realesed, all trophies are Platinum. The more people who own the game unlock one of those trophies, the less it will be worth (e.g. if more than 50% of all players have a specific trophy, it will become Bronze). This would ensure that every platinum trophy is well deserved and not simply earned by skipping through a visual novel (like I do sometimes. ;)).

Furthermore I wouldn't allow online trophies. Not because I don't like them but because they get unattainable as soon as the servers are closed. This is a big disadvantage for people who aren't going for trophies since they've been invented.

Get rid of them entirely.

I'm fucking stoked on the Switch (so far at least) having none of this stuff. There's no little voice in my head compelling me to 100% shit anymore, I can go back to 100%ing for fun, or dropping a game when I feel like it without the guilt trip. 

Though, to be fair, I've been grooming myself for that eventuality with how I've been playing on Xbox with no care about chivos.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I would change it so that NO ONE could view trophy information about OTHER gamers.

But why? A lot of people, including myself, enjoy comparing our trophies with other hunters and our friends. That's part of the appeal of earning trophies.

25 minutes ago, MHD_es3af said:

How to do it? i tried once, but it kept telling me that i must be online

Go to your trophies, press Triangle and select Offline mode

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I was about to say the same thing about privacy settings, but then I figured you were likely not just talking about not letting other people see yours specifically.

A few people have talked about letting trophies unlock some stuff in-game. I'm not sure because I don't have a Wii U or a 3DS but I've been told that Nintendo is doing something like this these days with a few games. With in-game actions (same stuff as trophies or Ubi-actions or whatever those are called) you unlock coins, and those coins can be used for in-game stuff or even discounts on digital games.

There are instances of, not exactly trophies unlocking in-game items, but the requirements for a trophy do. For instance, in Resident Evil 7, beating the game on the highest difficulty gives you Unlimited Ammo, so you could say you get this for getting that specific trophy. 

1 minute ago, QuentinCle95 said:

There are instances of, not exactly trophies unlocking in-game items, but the requirements for a trophy do. For instance, in Resident Evil 7, beating the game on the highest difficulty gives you Unlimited Ammo, so you could say you get this for getting that specific trophy. 

Would be indeed an example of how the two could be joined easily, though with the Nintendo coins it's up to you what you do with it. Come to think of it, that Ubisoft system works like that as well because you can use those points to pick in-game rewards. Don't think I ever used any of those points for anything though because as I recall it's just useless multiplayer stuff, and single player stuff you can unlock anyway with enough in-game money.

Thinking of TLOU thanks to your sig, many games could link the NG+ unlock to a trophy for beating the game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I would make it mandatory that once a game shuts down it's MP servers, that all online-only trophies get awarded to any game owner. 

That wouldn’t be fair to those gamers who earned online trophies the normal way. Middle ground here might be to patch trophy list so that unattainable trophies would be excluded from Platinum requirements into separate DLC-like category similar to Extended set from Uncharted 1-3 remasters.

8 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

I would let developers patch their game in order to add trophies and a Platinum

Actually, they can. There are examples of changing trophy requirements, names and adding new trophies through title updates.

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Sounds like you want to block for everyone information you don’t like to see personally. What’s wrong if somebody wants their trophies to be seen by anyone?

Edited by Se7en
typo
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, gazdavis11 said:

I know it wouldn't ever happen but I'd quite like to see the trophy system act as a virtual sticker book, each game you add to it it adds an extra page or double page so your album expands.  As the trophies pop they fill in the blank spaces like you would see in a new sticker album if collecting them.  The images wouldn't have to be the screenshot where you earned them but could be set images that may relate to certain parts of the game or other cool pics.  You could have an index when you open the trophies so you can go to the exact virtual pages to check them out rather than go through page by page.

Thats kind of like Road Trip Adventure on PS2 where you had to collect 100 stickers by doing certain things like finding all gems and finding certain people and stuff and they worked like trophies

8 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I'm fucking stoked on the Switch (so far at least) having none of this stuff. There's no little voice in my head compelling me to 100% shit anymore, I can go back to 100%ing for fun, or dropping a game when I feel like it without the guilt trip. 

Though, to be fair, I've been grooming myself for that eventuality with how I've been playing on Xbox with no care about chivos.

Well I'm sure it won't take long to 100% all 6 available games at launch for the switch. 

• Like 2

I'd like for them to be abolished. Yes you heard right. Ever since I started trophy hunting it's been so time consuming that I don't really get to whatever I want in games anymore. I know it's not a choice but it's a habit I can't really get out of.

8 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I 100% agree. I just wish trophies weren't a thing and we could all go about tackling a game how we like. I hate having to keep in mind collectibles, challenges, and all that bullcrap for trophies. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I do enjoy playing games thank you very much, in fact, I'd argue that I enjoy them more now that trophies are a thing, at least if the trophy list is done well. I find that I get more out of them and I'm encouraged to do things I might have never tried otherwise. Trophies just make it all the more satisfying to 100% a game.

Agree, they often make the game last even longer for me (though ingame completion percentages/achievement lists do the same for me, but profile-based trophies are even better) Especially in terms of "challenges" - I've never been someone going out of my way to do extra super-hard self-imposed challenges, play harder difficulties ect. just for the personal challenge and bragging rights - but if I can get a "prize" for it, suddenly it gets a lot more interesting and feels more "worth it". Not to say I can't enjoy games without trophies/achievements (I mean, I'm a huge Nintendo fan and sometimes play pre-PS3 games... though if there's anything I really miss from Nintendo consoles it's a "proper" achievement system), but I'm unlikely to go much further than playing through it once and get all collectibles/100% savefile.

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I guess we just all gave you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't some authoritarian that wants to deprive others of a feature that they like, just because you don't like it. If you don't like to do it, don't do it, and set your profile to private. Let people  who do like to compare, compare. Simple as that. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

I guess we just all gave you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't some authoritarian that wants to deprive others of a feature that they like, just because you don't like it. If you don't like to do it, don't do it, and set your profile to private. Let people  who do like to compare, compare. Simple as that. 

Way to take it out to left field, SJW. 

I have no problem with the concept, but the e-peen comparing, bitching, witch hunting, accusing, horrible, childish and moronic outcome of people who obsess over others trophies and their verbal vomit typed out all over this site leave a bad impression on the reality of the situation.

I've stated in the past, I like trophies. I like when developers help give me an outline of everything a game has to experience by giving me things to strive for in a list. I just thought I'd comment with my input on a thread that asked for my input and got frustrated when multiple people didn't read the words in front of their eyes and assumed I type something I didn't. Forgive my outburst of using exclamation points and underlines to show what I actually wrote as you seem to be offended by it.

Or you could take your own advice and if you didn't like my input, ignore it. Simple as that.

Christ - we had a good thread here, once.

Anyway, another thing I would like to see with trophies is a sort of display mechanism. I thought it would be nice to have a virtual space (like one of those upgradeable castles in Suikoden), where you could hang your favorite trophies on the walls like paintings. Perhaps have the Pachelbel Canon playing in the background? It would be so sweet. 

You could invite others to your mansion as you saw fit. For a blueblood like me, only 200+ plat owners would be admitted, to keep the riffraff out. :lol:

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Anyway, another thing I would like to see with trophies is a sort of display mechanism. I thought it would be nice to have a virtual space (like one of those upgradeable castles in Suikoden), where you could hang your favorite trophies on the walls like paintings. Perhaps have the Pachelbel Canon playing in the background? It would be so sweet. 

You could invite others to your mansion as you saw fit. For a blueblood like me, only 200+ plat owners would be admitted, to keep the riffraff out. :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe PlayStation Home promised a feature like this. There was going to be a trophy room where you cold display your favourite trophies and what not and possibly invite people over to come have a look. I don't know if anything came of that since I never actually touched PlayStation Home, but still. It's a cool idea.

• Like 1