Tribulations be damned, lets finish Trials of St. Lucia!

Metal Slime King

Yeah, we got a little further in Ascension today (it's the only one left, though), and I see what you guys mean. But while it's hard, it still feels kind of fair and not totally undoable, so we'll just keep trying (and I'll work on the last 9 single player trials on the side, too).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ascension wasn't as terribly difficult as I had expected, both my friend and I immediately jumped into it with no prior game knowledge, spent two attempts on learning, another one on getting rolled in the 5th arena, then another clearing up to the final wave only to realize there were invisible guys that we couldn't deal with fast enough, but least we got it on the 5th try!

I'd recommend keeping your focus on the small flying pests (R2 out of existence) -> the caster heretics/pagans & summoners -> everything else. We both felt like the heretics/pagans were the only true source of difficulty in this, juggling them (L2+X & square spam, popping immunity if needed) and getting them out ASAP made everything else in the stages trivial afterwards. If there was a summoner we'd split one person to him and another to the casters.

We also avoided picking up the orbs that give "enrage" as it immediately activates it and felt like it was only worth activating on the very last wave as it can be very tight time wise. Didn't bother to do many executes on the big guys either, we didn't notice any difference between killing them through that vs a couple more projectiles so we decided to just keep playing safe. 

Other than that we just primarily kept flying and spamming charged projectiles, fairly easy as long as you get the casters out and then play it safe.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Currently, the DLC is not in the NA story.

You can buy a bundle with the game and the DLC in the EU store right now.

Get it while you can.  Just downloaded it myself even though I had paid for it in the NA store in the past.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, after 10 years it is done.  Went back to clean it up and it's finished.  

It's entertaining seeing the 100% completed at 10 years and 2 days.  

2 days late, I guess.  Some late nights getting this done.  

Hope those of you that still want it can pull it off.  

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The co-op trophy for the Trials DLC requires a good internet connection, a fair amount of skill and a decent amount of time commitment. Both players need to know what they're doing for the 2P trials.

Personally.... I'll be satisfied with getting 54 out of the 55 possible trophies for this game. I'd rather not wreck my brain against a series of trials that only a select few players will ever finish.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

The co-op trophy for the Trials DLC requires a good internet connection, a fair amount of skill and a decent amount of time commitment. Both players need to know what they're doing for the 2P trials.

Personally.... I'll be satisfied with getting 54 out of the 55 possible trophies for this game. I'd rather not wreck my brain against a series of trials that only a select few players will ever finish.

It works with a moderate Internet connection as well, if the servers are still up that is. As long as you find someone from the same continent you should be fine. 

If you manage to find a co op partner that also knows what he/she is doing, i'd say go for all of them! While not trivial, these trials are hardly the hardest thing in videogames ?the combat and know how ain't really that intricate and these trials are kinda the most exciting part of the trophy list. 

There's one that takes 1 hour to complete in co op though so... Yeah if time ain't on your side, that could prove to be a massive pain. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

@LexIzTrash You should definitely try making a gaming session so that it'll show up on the game page. Set the time frame out a bit and if it takes awhile to get a hit then you can extend the time frame out. I usually set the amount of players above what is required, maybe find a couple people in case schedules or internet connections don't work out with one partner. It's certainly good news that you've done the solo trials. The trials certainly aren't the hardest thing in gaming but they're hard enough that I don't really think one player could hard carry another. I don't have the game anymore myself but I wish you the best of luck.

• 7 months later...