The same but different: Buggy Trophy

fisty123

This trophy is not unlocking for me,
I went as far as clearing all three starting worlds with each character, So unless I am missing something this could be glitched.

I also got the same result for the Vita version, Hopefully I am missing something.
Devs have been contacted who said they will look into it and add a fix in future updates if needed.

EDIT: Below are the steps I used to unlock the trophy on both Vita and PS4 versions.

Step 1: Pass first three worlds using the red character (Including bonus levels in Yellow and Red area)
Step 2: Pass Deep Marsh - Area 1 with red character
Step 3: Exit Game, start game in slot two, Pass first three worlds using the yellow character (Including bonus levels in Yellow and Red area)
Step 5: Exit Game, start game in slot three, Pass first three worlds using the blue character (Including bonus levels in Yellow and Red area)
Step 6: Exit Game, Select red character, pass the first boss for red character
Step 7 Exit Game, Select yellow character, pass the very first level for the yellow character.
Step 8: Pass the bonus level for yellow character's first world
Step 9: pass the first boss for yellow character
Step 10: Pass Deep Marsh - Area 1 with the yellow character
Step: 11 Exit game and select Blue character
Trophy Unlocked on both versions at the world map.

After looking at all this I feel that it could be linked to just passing all three worlds with each character and then the first level of Deep Marsh for two characters but I did not want to risk it so I followed the same steps on both.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-25 at 11:15 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

Then try deep marsh area 1 for all 3 … try this

ok i will try this :P 

now i have every char arround 41 % completion ? is this ok :P ? 

Edited by Dycof

• 1 year later...

Honestly, all you need to do is do the first 3 bosses, don't need to do the two bonus levels, with all 3 characters. I did however also have to do the Deep Marsh stage 1 with two of the characters, and then it just popped when I loaded up the third one that had already completed all 3 first bosses.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Honestly, all you need to do is do the first 3 bosses, don't need to do the two bonus levels, with all 3 characters. I did however also have to do the Deep Marsh stage 1 with two of the characters, and then it just popped when I loaded up the third one that had already completed all 3 first bosses.

Maybe it was patched, I did the Plat on Vita about 3 months after the thread was made and had no problems as well.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

49 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Maybe it was patched, I did the Plat on Vita about 3 months after the thread was made and had no problems as well.

I think the glitch is that you need to do 3 bosses, and not just one, and maybe another level etc. :P But yeah, trophies pop, so no worries.

Edited by MMDE

• 1 year later...
On 23/02/2017 at 4:29 PM, fisty123 said:

Step 1: Pass first three worlds using the red character (Including bonus levels in Yellow and Red area)

Step 2: Pass Deep Marsh - Area 1 with red character
Step 3: Exit Game, start game in slot two, Pass first three worlds using the yellow character (Including bonus levels in Yellow and Red area)
Step 5: Exit Game, start game in slot three, Pass first three worlds using the blue character (Including bonus levels in Yellow and Red area)
Step 6: Exit Game, Select red character, pass the first boss for red character
Step 7 Exit Game, Select yellow character, pass the very first level for the yellow character.
Step 8: Pass the bonus level for yellow character's first world
Step 9: pass the first boss for yellow character
Step 10: Pass Deep Marsh - Area 1 with the yellow character
Step: 11 Exit game and select Blue character
Trophy Unlocked on both versions at the world map.

Thank you! These steps worked perfectly! 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3.8.2018 at 8:28 PM, MMDE said:

Thanks for your tip!! ??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To confirm, I've defeated all 3 beginner area bosses (44%ish) with every single character with the yellow character having finished the story and I still don't have the trophy.

Update: Restart the game and then the trophy should pop after clearing all 3 area bosses with all 3 characters.

Edited by Ayrewick
Update

For me it popped after completing all 3 beginning worlds with all 3 characters, completing one more stage with the red crab (whatever the name is), then exiting the menu to select a different character’s profile.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6.8.2020 at 10:54 PM, Slim Vanilla said:

For me it popped after completing all 3 beginning worlds with all 3 characters, completing one more stage with the red crab (whatever the name is), then exiting the menu to select a different character’s profile.

Post might be Dead, but worked for me directly thx.

Started all Characters fresh and hit till lvl 1 deep marsh.

Popped after 3rd character 3rd boss

• 3 months later...

I didn't look at the trophies before playing for the first time the other day, so I just played some with all characters, was over 40% with each and it didn't pop. So then I cleared the Yellow characters slot and started fresh and played all the way through on that one to 100%. Then I played the other characters and mix and match ... basically who knows what I did. I ended up clearing out the other slots and starting those two characters over again, just playing the first three worlds each. Still nothing. Shut the game down last night. Turned it on this morning, no trophies popping automatically, so I went to Deep Marsh 1 with Yellow again, then with Blue, then I went back to the select character, picked red and the trophy popped soon after without doing anything else.