Dream Piece Farming

Incorrect.

A real easy way to get the desired dream piece is do a little trick where you kill your Dreameater, get it's death item, reload the save and you will get both the dream piece while retaining your Dreameater allowing your to repeat the process over and over until you receive your desired amount of items.

Dream Piece Death Spam Trick

1. Select the Dreameaters specific to the material you need (refer to list below)
  2. Have your Dreameaters die.  The easiest place to kill them is while using Sora, go to the World That Never Was when the Aura Lion is selected as the special portal.  Go to the Avenue of Dreams which should be the first option after the Dive chapter.  Check your map to see where the portal is and get to it.  It should appear on top of a central skyscraper.
  3. Start the Special Portal and immediately jump over to the other building behind you.  By doing so, the enemies will not attack you, and focus on your Dreameaters.  Let them die and have their timers run out.  They will drop their death material for you to collect.
  4. Cancel the Special Portal by pressing the options button and cancel.  Save your game at the save point.
  5. Do not zone into another area or turn off the game.
  6. Now run slightly ahead to encounter a group of enemies and let them kill you.
  7. When the option appears to Continue or Load Save select Continue.
  8. You will now respawn into the map.  Your Dreameaters that just died will magically reappear in your inactive roster and you will have kept their death material.
  9. Rinse and Repeat for your desired amount of materials.

Materials

Brilliant - Keeba Tiger, Lord Kroo

Charming - Frootz Cat

Dulcet - Ducky Goose, Majik Lapin, Necho Cat

Epic - Kab Kannon, Ursa Circus

Fleeting - Electricorn, Thunderaffe

Grim - Staggerceps, Tatsu Blaze

Intrepid - Cera Terror, Me Me Bunny

Lofty - Eaglider, Escarglow, Halbird, Pegaslick, Tatsu Steed, Tubguin Ace

Malleable - Flowbermeow, Meowjesty

Noble - Catanuki, Cyber Yog, Drill Sye, KO Kabuto, Sir Kyroo

Prickly - R & R Seal

Rampart - Drak Quack, Fin Fatale, Iceguine Ace, Komory Bat, Pricklemane, Wheeflower

Savage - Aura Lion, Beatalike, Ryu Dragon, Skelterwild, Tyranto Rex

Troubling - Ghostabocky, Meow Wow, Toximander, Woeflower

Vibrant - Hebby Repp, Jestabocky, Juggle Pup, Kooma Panda, Tama Sheep, Yoggy Ra

Wild - Sudo Neku

Wondrous - Chef Kyroo, Fishbone, Peepsta Hoo

On 27/02/2017 at 7:19 PM, Durandart said:

you could do that but it's not neccesary, i never did this and get easylie all of the dream pieces.

only thing i had to farm was the brilliant but during my completition and Special Portal farming i've got enough for all Dream Eaters.

I star rated all my dream eaters so I needed a lot of material.  It was much more efficient doing the trick than doing a special portal once per drop.  U could essentially get as many as 3 materials every 5 mins.

On 28.2.2017 at 1:36 PM, Nednrb said:

I star rated all my dream eaters so I needed a lot of material.  It was much more efficient doing the trick than doing a special portal once per drop.  U could essentially get as many as 3 materials every 5 mins.

oh ok, yeah if you do that you definitely need more dream pieces, so i understand why you where doing such a farming trick.

i was just looking forward to get all dream eaters once, so i didn't needed so much material.

• 5 years later...

Kind of a necro bump here, but...

1) this method is awesome and thanks for sharing.

2) you'll probably get incredibly infuriated with your ally Dream Eater AI when they absolutely REFUSE to spawn in next to you when they're stuck in an alleyway or behind two other buildings. This has happened several times to me when the first two dream eaters die, and the third comes in off the bench. He just gets stuck and will not warp to your side, no matter how far away you go.