Getting 100 percent sync is a chore...

AJ_Radio

Aside from Ezio deciding to jump in whatever random direction he feels like, the thing I find most annoying is the 100% Synch objectives.

They say 'that's how Ezio did it', but me, the player, is playing the memory of Ezio, so however I do it is how Ezio did it anyway, no matter how much I screw up lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2017 at 7:13 AM, Asvinia said:

Aside from Ezio deciding to jump in whatever random direction he feels like, the thing I find most annoying is the 100% Synch objectives.

They say 'that's how Ezio did it', but me, the player, is playing the memory of Ezio, so however I do it is how Ezio did it anyway, no matter how much I screw up lol

I disagree. The game makes it clear that we, the player, are playing as Desmond who is reliving Ezio's life. As in actually reliving it, not just watching a movie of it. So any mistake that we make is because Desmond messed up in his performance of Ezio. Desmond is basically stuck in a matrix of that time period with Ezio as his avatar, and all the mission markers and database entries are there for Desmond to navigate his way through the program. It's very meta, but it works. The only game I can think of off hand where the player is in direct control of the historical assassin is Liberation and I guess Chronicles? (Haven't played it.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kingdom Keeper said:

I disagree. The game makes it clear that we, the player, are playing as Desmond who is reliving Ezio's life. As in actually reliving it, not just watching a movie of it. So any mistake that we make is because Desmond messed up in his performance of Ezio. Desmond is basically stuck in a matrix of that time period with Ezio as his avatar, and all the mission markers and database entries are there for Desmond to navigate his way through the program. It's very meta, but it works. The only game I can think of off hand where the player is in direct control of the historical assassin is Liberation and I guess Chronicles? (Haven't played it.)

Liberation is meta about it as it is "a game by Abstergo" allowing you, the player, to play through Aveline's memories without using an Animus, it's still about synchronisation though. Yeah the Chronicles games were more direct about this.

I agree with you about the first part, I have to state here though that I get annoyed by this in later games - for instance, a synchronisation request in Black Flag forces me to believe that Kenway actually stopped to skin an alligator while he was supposed to tail a rowboat.

On 29-4-2017 at 11:57 PM, KillerLegend91 said:

Dont forget that the templar lairs are removed from the 100% sync on ps4 version

Is that so? I thought they were still needed... Anyway I still completed them in time at the first try nontheless.

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

Liberation is meta about it as it is "a game by Abstergo" allowing you, the player, to play through Aveline's memories without using an Animus, it's still about synchronisation though. Yeah the Chronicles games were more direct about this.

I agree with you about the first part, I have to state here though that I get annoyed by this in later games - for instance, a synchronisation request in Black Flag forces me to believe that Kenway actually stopped to skin an alligator while he was supposed to tail a rowboat.

That kind of stuff is irritating. Like Ubisoft expects you to 100% sync it the first or second time through. Like that one mission in AC3 where you have to hist the ship's weak points. But if you wait to do that mission until your ship is fully upgraded, it's next to impossible.

29 minutes ago, Kingdom Keeper said:

In that case it's even weaker reasoning for the 100% sync. So they know so much detail about Ezio's life that they can add markers and they know minor details like whether he didn't use rooftops to tail this particular person. They know exactly how many minutes it took Ezio to kill these people or to reach this exact spot. Seems they hardly need Desmond in the first place.

It also means that Desmond is the one talking when Ezio is like 'who is Desmond?' Although I agree that your view fits when it comes to 100% sync, it just becomes silly when you consider the rest of the game(s).

1 minute ago, Asvinia said:

In that case it's even weaker reasoning for the 100% sync. So they know so much detail about Ezio's life that they can add markers and they know minor details like whether he didn't use rooftops to tail this particular person. They know exactly how many minutes it took Ezio to kill these people or to reach this exact spot. Seems they hardly need Desmond in the first place.

It also means that Desmond is the one talking when Ezio is like 'who is Desmond?' Although I agree that your view fits when it comes to 100% sync, it just becomes silly when you consider the rest of the game(s).

It's very silly. Honestly, I think Ubisoft was just really stressing the fact that you could replay missions now, so they gave you a reason to replay missions. And then got carried away with it so much that they forced it to be a series staple. And it is weird that everyone can supposedly know all this information about every step Ezio took. But it's honestly just forced difficulty for those who want the challenge. Unfortunately, as trophy hunters, challenge comes far too often. But at least from the second game on they actually call your health bar a health bar. In the first game it was your 'sync bar.' Implying Altier NEVER GOT HIT ONCE. Right. Like, I'm sure.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

7 minutes ago, Kingdom Keeper said:

It's very silly. Honestly, I think Ubisoft was just really stressing the fact that you could replay missions now, so they gave you a reason to replay missions. And then got carried away with it so much that they forced it to be a series staple. And it is weird that everyone can supposedly know all this information about every step Ezio took. But it's honestly just forced difficulty for those who want the challenge. Unfortunately, as trophy hunters, challenge comes far too often. But at least from the second game on they actually call your health bar a health bar. In the first game it was your 'sync bar.' Implying Altier NEVER GOT HIT ONCE. Right. Like, I'm sure.

Yeah, Altaïr was a badass.

The way I see it, all information about Ezio's life is already in Desmond's DNA. They only have to "unlock" the information, which is done by having Desmond revisit Ezio's memories. It's said somewhere that he actually needs to synchronise with Ezio's memories as much as he is possible to, or else his body will reject the final sequences (which is always where the stuff happens that actually matters to the current day people).

Honestly, the worst part of this all is that in either Assassin's Creed: Rogue or Assassin's Creed: Unity, they try a fake-out where it seems like the protagonist dies. The current day people find there's more memories after that event, so "he must have survived somehow". IF HE HADN'T SURVIVED, THEN HOW DID HE PASS ON THESE MEMORIES IN THE FIRST PLACE? Since how the memory revisiting works, is that all memories that you have up to getting pregnant are passed on to the next in line... Honestly, that's the moment I realised Ubisoft didn't really think these things through any more.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah, Altaïr was a badass.

The way I see it, all information about Ezio's life is already in Desmond's DNA. They only have to "unlock" the information, which is done by having Desmond revisit Ezio's memories. It's said somewhere that he actually needs to synchronise with Ezio's memories as much as he is possible to, or else his body will reject the final sequences (which is always where the stuff happens that actually matters to the current day people).

Honestly, the worst part of this all is that in either Assassin's Creed: Rogue or Assassin's Creed: Unity, they try a fake-out where it seems like the protagonist dies. The current day people find there's more memories after that event, so "he must have survived somehow". IF HE HADN'T SURVIVED, THEN HOW DID HE PASS ON THESE MEMORIES IN THE FIRST PLACE? Since how the memory revisiting works, is that all memories that you have up to getting pregnant are passed on to the next in line... Honestly, that's the moment I realised Ubisoft didn't really think these things through any more.

It was Rogue. And that was bizarre. I think they were trying to get the same plot twist feel as finding out Haythem and crew were Templars. But it wasn't thought threw well from a lore perspective. But this was also Abstergo we're talking about. And most people who work at Abstergo are mentally handicapped. It's a very progressive company, but results constantly vary.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kingdom Keeper said:

It was Rogue. And that was bizarre. I think they were trying to get the same plot twist feel as finding out Haythem and crew were Templars. But it wasn't thought threw well from a lore perspective. But this was also Abstergo we're talking about. And most people who work at Abstergo are mentally handicapped. It's a very progressive company, but results constantly vary.

Well yeah, I still can't see why they need assassin memories for anything. Surely there has to be some templar blood that survives long enough to give some decent memories. I mean, Altaïr saw some pretty unique stuff and Ezio/Connor were done by the Assassins themselves but Kenway was done with the in-game excuse of giving customers a pirate experience... Why the hell use the DNA of an assassin for that, why not some other random pirate who survived long enough to have children? And with Aveline, those moronic ways Abstergo tries to twist the truth... Why not just NOT use an assassin's memories for your game but choose a templar with some good morals?

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well yeah, I still can't see why they need assassin memories for anything. Surely there has to be some templar blood that survives long enough to give some decent memories. I mean, Altaïr saw some pretty unique stuff and Ezio/Connor were done by the Assassins themselves but Kenway was done with the in-game excuse of giving customers a pirate experience... Why the hell use the DNA of an assassin for that, why not some other random pirate who survived long enough to have children? And with Aveline, those moronic ways Abstergo tries to twist the truth... Why not just NOT use an assassin's memories for your game but choose a templar with some good morals?

Uh, wasn't that what Rogue was? He starts out as an Assassin, but spends the rest of his time killing them. And I think they're using assassin memories because they're the memories they have readily available. And there's more of an arc. Look at Haythem. His story would end right as things are finally picking up. Also, it seems that Assassins kill more Templars than vice versa. Though Templars still have a higher total body count because they kill so many innocents. So they use the assassin's DNA to make a cohesive, interesting story. But have to change certain things so no one connects Abstergo to the Templars. Makes sense in a weird way. Kinda.

2 hours ago, Kingdom Keeper said:

Uh, wasn't that what Rogue was? He starts out as an Assassin, but spends the rest of his time killing them. And I think they're using assassin memories because they're the memories they have readily available. And there's more of an arc. Look at Haythem. His story would end right as things are finally picking up. Also, it seems that Assassins kill more Templars than vice versa. Though Templars still have a higher total body count because they kill so many innocents. So they use the assassin's DNA to make a cohesive, interesting story. But have to change certain things so no one connects Abstergo to the Templars. Makes sense in a weird way. Kinda.

Yeah, but I didn't mention Rogue ;)

Yes, Rogue was executed very well. Only one flaw I can think of and that's that it was too short; it ended just when the story was getting somewhere. Could've used two or three more sequences of assassin hunting.

Inever thought the current day aspects were all that great anyway, partly because it creates plotholes like this.

They only have assassin memories available because they started kidnapping assassins though. You'd think they would check all DNA of every templar and Abstergo employee but as far as I know, all of the "subjects" were kidnapped assassins. Well, the two with screentime were anyway, and I think the others were as well.

And the assassins seem to kill more templars than the tamplars are killing assassins because almost every game, we're playing as assassins while we are killing templars xD

Edited by BillyHorrible

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah, but I didn't mention Rogue ;)

Yes, Rogue was executed very well. Only one flaw I can think of and that's that it was too short; it ended just when the story was getting somewhere. Could've used two or three more sequences of assassin hunting.

Inever thought the current day aspects were all that great anyway, partly because it creates plotholes like this.

They only have assassin memories available because they started kidnapping assassins though. You'd think they would check all DNA of every templar and Abstergo employee but as far as I know, all of the "subjects" were kidnapped assassins. Well, the two with screentime were anyway, and I think the others were as well.

And the assassins seem to kill more templars than the tamplars are killing assassins because almost every game, we're playing as assassins while we are killing templars xD

There's a lot of background lore about this in Black Flag. If you look through all of the paperwork and listen to every time, a few Templars were found. But apparently the assassins they found were the only ones who came in contact with Pieces of Eden. I believe Subject 2 was Vidik himself, but he had nothing to offer. And in the big conference email in the director's office, everyone talks about how boring their ancestors are. So I guess the Assassins were the only people getting shit done long enough to actually have a legacy? A blood legacy anyway. But yeah, that's why Subject 16 and Desmond were such lucky finds. They had multiple ancestors who came in contact with several Pieces of Eden at important points in time.

There's also a list of possible time periods and locations they could access from Desmond. Most of those were from AC games that already existed at the time or were later released after Black Flag. And it's implied the remaining periods are for ideas Ubisoft has either planned, or at least thought about doing, for later games.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kingdom Keeper said:

But this was also Abstergo we're talking about. And most people who work at Abstergo are mentally handicapped. It's a very progressive company, but results constantly vary.

Just now thinking of this but having Abstergo team up with Aperture Science would be disastrous. And amazing.

10 hours ago, Kingdom Keeper said:

There's a lot of background lore about this in Black Flag. If you look through all of the paperwork and listen to every time, a few Templars were found. But apparently the assassins they found were the only ones who came in contact with Pieces of Eden. I believe Subject 2 was Vidik himself, but he had nothing to offer. And in the big conference email in the director's office, everyone talks about how boring their ancestors are. So I guess the Assassins were the only people getting shit done long enough to actually have a legacy? A blood legacy anyway. But yeah, that's why Subject 16 and Desmond were such lucky finds. They had multiple ancestors who came in contact with several Pieces of Eden at important points in time.

It's weird; I've played through every main AC game save for Unity and Syndicate at least two times now (the Ezios three times), and I've often read a lot of the side stuff, and I'm usually great with stupid little tidbits of knowledge, but somehow I keep forgetting stuff like this.

I guess it's all just crazy random happenstance - sorry, "narrative causality". The games are more interesting when stuff like this happens, so it happens. I'm just annoyed with plot holes, even in franchises I love and adore. Still waiting for the explpanation of how Maz managed to get a hold of the lightsaber that fell into the abyss of Bespin (or at least into an air vent of Cloud City, which seems like it would have dumped the lightsaber out anyway). It's cute for the story, sure, it's how the Force wills it, definitely, but it makes zero sense.

Now that this thread has been completely derailed into an AC factoid thread: I'll just state here that I loved the movie. Was afraid it was bad after all those bad reviews came out but I still went to it the first weekend in IMAX and I was amazed. They were very true to the lore of the series, can't wait for the second film.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Just now thinking of this but having Abstergo team up with Aperture Science would be disastrous. And amazing.

You, sir, are a genius. Never change.

22 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

It's weird; I've played through every main AC game save for Unity and Syndicate at least two times now (the Ezios three times), and I've often read a lot of the side stuff, and I'm usually great with stupid little tidbits of knowledge, but somehow I keep forgetting stuff like this.

I guess it's all just crazy random happenstance - sorry, "narrative causality". The games are more interesting when stuff like this happens, so it happens. I'm just annoyed with plot holes, even in franchises I love and adore. Still waiting for the explpanation of how Maz managed to get a hold of the lightsaber that fell into the abyss of Bespin (or at least into an air vent of Cloud City, which seems like it would have dumped the lightsaber out anyway). It's cute for the story, sure, it's how the Force wills it, definitely, but it makes zero sense.

Now that this thread has been completely derailed into an AC factoid thread: I'll just state here that I loved the movie. Was afraid it was bad after all those bad reviews came out but I still went to it the first weekend in IMAX and I was amazed. They were very true to the lore of the series, can't wait for the second film.

I see the movie as a missed opportunity. Too much modern story, which as you said is going downhill anyway. If they had focused on the past, you know the thing the games themselves focus on, it may have been an overall better product. And yes, they gave Michael Fassbender top billing, so he had to have the most screentime. But a really easy trick would be to have him play his ancestor. But when he sees his reflection, he has the appearance of the ancestor. Establishing that people see his ancestor but it's clearly him playing the part. This is a cinematic trope that has worked really well in other movies, so why not use it here? It's silly.

Anyway, I think BF may be fresh on my mind because I played it recently. So don't hate yourself for forgetting obscure lore. In two months, I may have forgotten that kinda stuff too. And I do have to give kudos to the writers. It's a fairly cohesive lore, and the only real plot holes are stuff they came up with to cover other plot holes. A common problem, so I can't really fault them for it.

4 minutes ago, Kingdom Keeper said:

You, sir, are a genius. Never change.

Thank you, thank you.

I see the movie as a missed opportunity. Too much modern story, which as you said is going downhill anyway. If they had focused on the past, you know the thing the games themselves focus on, it may have been an overall better product. And yes, they gave Michael Fassbender top billing, so he had to have the most screentime. But a really easy trick would be to have him play his ancestor. But when he sees his reflection, he has the appearance of the ancestor. Establishing that people see his ancestor but it's clearly him playing the part. This is a cinematic trope that has worked really well in other movies, so why not use it here? It's silly.

The first two AC games had Desmond's face for Altaïr and Ezio too, though. At least, Altaïr was Desmond's face one on one, and Ezio in II was Desmond's face with just a tiny few ajustments - they even gave Ezio the same scar as Desmond right there in the first scene! Unless I'm mistaken, this is actually a side-effect of the animus.

Anyway, with how many movies use the trope Identical Grandson, I think most people will have no problem in believing that Aguilar actually really looks like Callum. Personally I thought they also looked different enough.

Well I did never like the present day stuff in the games, it was just busy work that distracted from the real action, and this was definitely one of the reasons why I thought the movie would be a failure, but oddly enough I actually liked it. Everything just clicked, from the amazing visuals to the awesome soundtrack. Definitely getting it on blu-ray next month.

Anyway, I think BF may be fresh on my mind because I played it recently. So don't hate yourself for forgetting obscure lore. In two months, I may have forgotten that kinda stuff too. And I do have to give kudos to the writers. It's a fairly cohesive lore, and the only real plot holes are stuff they came up with to cover other plot holes. A common problem, so I can't really fault them for it.

... Actually, I played Black Flag last month ?

I just did the multiplayer and all remaining side stuff though, so I did not really catch any of the lore details.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't find the Romulus Lairs or Tank battle that bad at all. For the lairs, just explore the space during the first playthrough and get the flags and chests, then speedrun it the next time once you know the exact route to take. And circle strafing murders tanks (you can also cheese it by hanging out just outside the sync zone; your cannonballs pass through the border, theirs don't).

Having to replay the bomber mission from the start after a single hit, though, screw that.

• 1 year later...
On 17 mai 2017 at 0:51 PM, The Shopkeeper said:
  On 29 avril 2017 at 11:57 PM, KillerLegend91 said:

Dont forget that the templar lairs are removed from the 100% sync on ps4 version

To any new player who might be confused by this comment as much as I was : yes, the 2 TEMPLAR lairs have been removed from the PS4 version of the game, but you still need to complete the 6 ROMULUS lairs and get 100% synchronization on them. I can confirm this because my "Il Principe" trophy popped when I completed and synchronized the last romulus lair.

The good news is that only half of them require speedruns, one of them being very easy.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

On 3/18/2019 at 8:47 AM, JeManquedHygiene said:

To any new player who might be confused by this comment as much as I was : yes, the 2 TEMPLAR lairs have been removed from the PS4 version of the game, but you still need to complete the 6 ROMULUS lairs and get 100% synchronization on them. I can confirm this because my "Il Principe" trophy popped when I completed and synchronized the last romulus lair.

The good news is that only half of them require speedruns, one of them being very easy.

Thank you for this, I've been playing the PS4 version of Brotherhood for sometime and even after completing the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC still have found no way to start the Templar Lairs (even though they aren't needed for any trophy) and was getting worried i'd missed an unlock condition somehow.

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2017 at 10:00 AM, TheYuriG said:

Clocking 17 restarts at Eternally Young race and i need to say

WHAT A FUCKING RETARDED MISSION DESIGN! 5 GUARDS ON ROOFTOPS, 6 HAYSTACKS IN THE VERY PATH, THE PATH IS ALSO RETARDED, THERE ARE ONLY 2 ROOF BELT THINGS AND YOU NEED TO DO AT LEAST 7 ROOF TO ROOF TRANSITIONS

Could not have been a problem if time wasn't so retarded tight. 1 min and 15 sec to complete, 1 min for 100% sync. Fuck you UBISOFT. The more i play this shit, the more i hate it. Thankfully I'm almost done overall 

Haha dude I just did this yesterday in my platinum run. I nearly lost my mind. I actually thought it was impossible to get this mission done for 100 percent sync. Had to use the parachute to cut down mere seconds because I couldn’t wait for Ezio to climb his slow ass up. Thought this was going to be a walk in the park, boy was I wrong.