MinamiKukki

NieR Automata Trophies

197 posts in this topic

Hi, so Nier automata came out in JP the other day, and i managed to 100% it.

 

There is one extremely crucial thing you guys need to know, if you're attempting to plat NieR: Automata.

Before i add a spoiler tag with specifics, i'll just say first that nothing is missable. You can chapter select when you've unlocked all endings. That said, only quests would be missable if you couldnt chapter select.

 

Now for the specifics.

 

Spoiler

At the end of the 'True route', you enter the last area and get to choose between 9s and a2's ending. Doesnt matter which one you choose cause chapter select.

Then when you load that save you can BUY TROPHIES FROM THE VENDOR IN RESISTANCE CAMP and literally every single one, except the Credit ending [The Minds that Emerge]

LiPmAAR.jpg

 

Despite all this, the game overall was amazing, had some stupid and frustrating moments though, but i won't go into details.

 

 

Edited by MinamiKukki
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LMAO so it is true xD. But I am not gonna do that as that will just kill my purpose of playing and enjoying the game more 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did l lose my ability to understand English from what l read or he just said one can get trophies from a vendor?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's a rag at how bad achievements and trophies come, that people are willing to buy them to get them

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

Did l lose my ability to understand English from what l read or he just said one can get trophies from a vendor?

Spoiler

LiPmAAR.jpg

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am actually lost for words. Platinum games who gave me decent challenges in Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising and Transformers Devastation not implementing trophies that you can buy with gil. That company has lost all credibility for me. I hope this doesn't actually become a thing. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wanderer said:

I am actually lost for words. Platinum games who gave me decent challenges in Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising and Transformers Devastation not implementing trophies that you can buy with gil. That company has lost all credibility for me. I hope this doesn't actually become a thing. 

Can't solely blame PG tbh, the director Yoko Taro is notorious for his eccentric behaviour, since the only thing you can't buy with gil are story trophies/endings, maybe he just wants people to play for story and not trophies /shrug, still stupid i agree, especielly when i spent an entire day doing fishing and quests lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to know more about this eventually, you're right. Shouldn't jump to conclusions. If anyone has any information as to why this insanely stupid concept was implemented, that would be great. Not only is the trophy list incredibly easy by PG standards, but this just takes the cake, though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, QuentinCle95 said:

This is indeed disappointing. But it could be worse: imagine if you could buy trophies, not with in-game currency, but with micro-transactions. Shit I hope it never comes to that. 

The trophies are incredibly pricey lmao, if you don't upload to online storage you're in for a big farm, lol, so thats one positive thing? not really

I'm sure some people will be flooding other sites with disappointment on the trophies of NieR Automata, maybe yoko taro will make an official statement as to why he resorted to it.
/pray

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MinamiKukki said:

The trophies are incredibly pricey lmao, if you don't upload to online storage you're in for a big farm, lol, so thats one positive thing? not really

I guess. But most people who want to do it this way will upload to online storage, so that's pretty irrelevant :P 

I just can't for the life if me figure out what they were thinking. The trophies were already super easy. And now this... I just don't know how to process this haha. They're basically de-incentivising people to be completionists and see everything the game has to offer. So weird. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

I guess. But most people who want to do it this way will upload to online storage, so that's pretty irrelevant :P 

I just can't for the life if me figure out what they were thinking. The trophies were already super easy. And now this... I just don't know how to process this haha. They're basically de-incentivising people to be completionists and see everything the game has to offer. So weird. 

Since when do you need trophies to see everything a game has to offer, did you not do that before the trophy system came in place?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how much time the ain story got you and you had the platinum still on one day? Also is the side stuff to do? From what I see it looks a small gamein length to me.. Also it's cool they didn't put real money for this but still very bad desicion...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ge0smash said:

So how much time the ain story got you and you had the platinum still on one day? Also is the side stuff to do? From what I see it looks a small gamein length to me.. Also it's cool they didn't put real money for this but still very bad desicion...

There are 3½ routes, most reviewers rated the game solely on the first playthrough, which is roughly 50% of the game. The third playthrough is basically the true route and has the true ending.
Story wise i completed the game in 18hours.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MinamiKukki said:

There are 3½ routes, most reviewers rated the game solely on the first playthrough, which is roughly 50% of the game. The third playthrough is basically the true route and has the true ending.
Story wise i completed the game in 18hours.

I think you said there were no missables. How about the endings? Aren't there specific requirements we should know about? Or is it extremely obvious which different choices to make? Is the opportunity for the true ending only granted on NG++, or could you theoretically (I ask only because 2017 is a super busy year for me) cloud save on your first playthrough, and get all endings with just one playthrough?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, QuentinCle95 said:

I think you said there were no missables. How about the endings? Aren't there specific requirements we should know about? Or is it extremely obvious which different choices to make? Is the opportunity for the true ending only granted on NG++, or could you theoretically (I ask only because 2017 is a super busy year for me) cloud save on your first playthrough, and get all endings with just one playthrough?

There is no problem at all, nope. You can basically just run through the entire game, doing just the main story line. And then you can go back anytime you want with the chapter select. So basically nothing in the entire game is missable. It's all finely tuned for our full enjoyment!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, I really hope the money I will put on steelbook edition will be well spend. I like the combat a lot and I read everywhere that the story is great but I'm afraid if the game has little content. Especially after the trophy shop. Good thing you can do everything in one playthrought tho.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be interesting to see who cares for the trophies more than the game.

 

Maybe it's a rag at how bad achievements and trophies come, that people are willing to buy them to get them

 

I think that's exactly it. Look at any visual novel and you'll see people value trophies over the game experience. Also another example is Bloodborne that requires 3 playthroughs to platinum but you can back up your save and just reload to get the other endings in one playthrough. I wouldn't expect any less from Yoko Taro as he's probably doing it as a sort of joke (just like how the first Nier deleted your save data). Anyway, people can choose not to buy them and get it legit, it's an option and that's it.

Edited by Mayadome
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a new low I agree. What also is shameful is, within trophy hunting communities you got people like greenzsaber or zajac who are infamous for their fastest achiever ranks. The fastest achiever for this has simply now become 'who can buy the fastest'

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TigressLion said:

This is a new low I agree. What also is shameful is, within trophy hunting communities you got people like greenzsaber or zajac who are infamous for their fastest achiever ranks. The fastest achiever for this has simply now become 'who can buy the fastest'

Yepp i was keeping track as i was aiming for world first nier plat, so i went and did quests on the middle of the run to save some time, cause i thought shit would be missable.
Then i noticed that guy had trophies within seconds, so i just decided to rush the story to see. And there it was lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TigressLion said:

The fastest achiever for this has simply now become 'who can buy the fastest'

It's not that bad.

It's just Plat is going to be for reaching true ending rather than doing all other ends.

 

 

And guys, don't care about trophies, care about 2B's butt :awesome::awesome::awesome: 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually surprised at this being a possibility, but I'm also fascinated at the same time. Regardless of this, game looks amazing and I will play it after I get and platinum the first NieR on PS3.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.