NieR Automata Trophies

MinamiKukki

10 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Nobody said that. It does ruin the whole trophy hunting aspect of the game, though. Believe it or not, but that's actually an important part of the game to a lot of people on this site. Who would have guessed?

Did you actually read the thread? I'll give you a few minutes just in case you're a slow reader.

Edited by Red-River13

5 minutes ago, Red-River13 said:

Did you actually read the thread? I'll give you a few minutes just in case you're a slow reader.

Have you? I don't think anyone has really stated in a non joking manner that the game is ruined because you can buy the trophies. 

7 minutes ago, Red-River13 said:

Oh look, a smartass. <_< Yup, I read it. I still don't see anyone calling the end of the games industry. Prove me wrong if you can.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

Well the whole buying trophies thing kinda ruins it for me. Because i know i will be to lazy if there is an option to buy them instead =P

Just watched a video of a guy buying trophies 20-47 so you only need the story related trophies and 3 endings the rest you can buy.

Hope this wont become a trend in upcoming titles. 

9 hours ago, Gage said:

where it's a separate character or something

OMG! Plz no new character!

We need more 2B butt!

I'm wondering what kind of trophy guide this game is going to have =D

If it's going to be: 

Roadmap: Stage 1: Clear 3 endings Stage 2: Buy trophies

or

Roadmap: Stage 1: Stare at 2B's butt Stage 2 optional: Play the game

9 minutes ago, bcooper29 said:

Yoko Taro trolling trophy under community. A true genius and showing exactly what trophies are worth. 

Based on what the merchant says to you when you talk to them about it it seems more like he's taking the piss at trophy sellers. 

I'm honestly not bothered by this in any way. While this is perhaps the first time that it's been done to such a ridiculous and obvious degree, it is far from the first time it's been done. Off the top of my head, you can buy a shitload of premium currency in F2P games like Jetpack Joyride (Original), the Sackboy Runner game, and My Singing Monsters among others to  get past the grinds for their "unlock all the shit" trophies, Big Sky Infinity lets you do something similar for its gallery trophy, Rocksmith lets you buy all of the ingame guitars and bass to get those two trophies done without any effort, and LBP Karting used to have a Time Savers pack that simplified the "Star Every Level" trophy from having to get every collectable and get first in the event to just the latter requirement, and this isn't even counting the amount of times that a game has had some sort of DLC that made the game as a whole, and by extension the trophy list, much easier.

Granted, most of these examples require real money, but that goes to show how if this is a sign of the start of sonething much worse, then that ship has sailed a long while ago.

As for this game, I would be lying if I said that this didn't put the game on my radar. At the very least, it makes the game perfect for any trophy events since you can just try to avoid going for any of the non-story-related trophies to the best of your ability and then save whatever you have left for the event proper and just buy it all.

Edited by Wdog-999

30 minutes ago, Gage said:

It wasn't already on your radar? What's wrong with you :P

I haven't played the original yet and I've been trying to keep to my backlog this year aside from new Neptunia games because my backlog has gotten ridiculous at this point between unfinished games on my profile and games I haven't even loaded up and I'd like to curb it to an extent.

1 minute ago, Wdog-999 said:

I haven't played the original yet and I've been trying to keep to my backlog this year aside from new Neptunia games because my backlog has gotten ridiculous at this point between unfinished games on my profile and games I haven't even loaded up and I'd like to curb it to an extent.

Pfft, just shove more shit in there. Then you never run out of stuff to play. ;)

Playing the other games isn't really required. There's references to the previous games but nothing that hampers enjoyment of the story as a whole. 

• Like 1

Well..  it is a new system, I don't know my feelings about it yet since it kills the fun of trophy hunting but on the other hand we can focus on the story 100%. I don't know what I will end up doing.. I guess i will just try to enjoy the story and decide after the 3 playthroughs. 

Here are the requirements to buy the trophies in case that something has not being said :P.