NieR Automata Trophies

MinamiKukki

6 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

seems like japanese people don't want to know about the controversy and just have fun in the game (  Should serve as an example )

Still japanese people raged over the NIN64 incident to the point of Square having to patch the game to satisfy them lel

Just now, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

Ohhh i see has the conversation changed to N64? lel

No no, as in. You know you can fish in the game right? There was a fish that was called "NIN64" and was classified as trash. And some japanese players got really pissed on twitter, ending up with Square having to patch that item away.

13 minutes ago, MinamiKukki said:

No no, as in. You know you can fish in the game right? There was a fish that was called "NIN64" and was classified as trash. And some japanese players got really pissed on twitter, ending up with Square having to patch that item away.

Come on man i'm talking about nier controversy not "NIN64" or fishing in a game :D

15 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

Come on man i'm talking about nier controversy not "NIN64" or fishing in a game :D

Do you even know what controversy means? I'm pretty sure an item name that had to be changed due to backlash counts as controversial. So much for those Japanese gamers who know how to have fun, am I right? :giggle:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MinamiKukki said:

Do you mean the butt one lol? I've heard about alot of controversy this past week w

Yeah well the media can just butt out of it, I think it's funny. Besides it's not all that it's cracked up to be. I'd be behind them if they make a decent argument, but they've failed to mention much worse titles.  Instead they're just making asses out of themselves.

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

Do you even know what controversy means? I'm pretty sure an item name that had to be changed due to backlash counts as controversial. So much for those Japanese gamers who know how to have fun, am I right? :giggle:

I don't know anything, that's why you're here to teach certain things :giggle:

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Yeah well the media can just butt out of it, I think it's funny. Besides it's not all that it's cracked up to be. I'd be behind them if they make a decent argument, but they've failed to mention much worse titles.  Instead they're just making asses out of themselves.

Well you know, people always make baseless assumptions nowadays, so i've pretty much lost all hope w

16 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I see what you did there... :awesome:

The main reason why trophies are a thing is to put in a challenge, one way or another. You have easy platinums, you have hard platinums. Grinds, multiplayer, no death runs, speedruns and such. I have no issues with easy platinums, unless it's Super Mayo plat. Because if you got it, it means you earned it. Now all platinum trophies on Nier Automata are void of all merit. Which is incredibly annoying for people who like a challenge, who like to obtain trophies. I also don't really understand what's so shocking to some people about the fact that some people just have it as a hobby to challenge themselves through video games. This trend needs to stop immediately and is only embraced by people who do not like to challenge themselves, can't handle the challenge or are just indifferent. None of which is a solid criteria to discuss this issue. And it is an issue. 
Just imagine, that in Super Meat Boy, you get to buy all the no death runs after completing all worlds twice. Why would you approve of people taking a massive shit on actual players who had the determination and skill to pull it off? Why would you allow such a feature to make obsolete, any challenge or merit in trophies? 

• Like 1

I actually love the idea of purchasing trophies after getting all the endings. Maybe not for this game as the trophies look simple but for all games in general.

I like challenges of course, but sometimes there are some trophies that rely on RNG or annoying things like playing Multiplayer which are more luck-based than anything.

I can't remember right now how many plats i have missed because of trophies like that.

Edited by alexskill0714

14 hours ago, Paige-ID said:

So you're saying I can enjoy the game first and foremost, then have the ability to grind my ass off to purchase trophies I wouldn't really want to complete otherwise due to, perhaps, their asinine-ness? 

That is fantastic! 

15 minutes ago, alexskill0714 said:

I actually love the idea of purchasing trophies after getting all the endings. Maybe not for this game as the trophies look simple but for all games in general.

I like challenges of course, but sometimes there are some trophies that rely on RNG or annoying things like playing Multiplayer which are more luck-based than anything.

I can't remember right now how many plats i have missed because of trophies like that.

Guys, nobody is forcing you to earn trophies you can't be bothered with. If you don't find it fun, then just play the game until you're bored and be done with it. Trophies are there for people who want to get something extra out of the game they're playing. There's no need to ruin the fun of others now is there?

On 3/3/2017 at 2:20 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Guys, nobody is forcing you to earn trophies you can't be bothered with. If you don't find it fun, then just play the game until you're bored and be done with it. Trophies are there for people who want to get something extra out of the game they're playing. There's no need to ruin the fun of others now is there?

In both posts the authors pointed out the fact that they would have fun playing other aspects of the game, and would love to channel that into obtaining trophies for tasks in the game that they admitted *not* being forced to do.

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

In both posts the authors pointed out the fact that they would have fun playing other aspects of the game, and would love to channel that into obtaining trophies for tasks in the game that they admitted *not* being forced to do.

Sorry, what was your point? The whole purpose of trophies is to challenge the player and make them go the extra mile. If someone doesn't want to do that, that's fine, but the requirements don't need to be removed/changed in order to accommodate these people. Just don't go for them.

30 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Sorry, what was your point? The whole purpose of trophies is to challenge the player and make them go the extra mile. If someone doesn't want to do that, that's fine, but the requirements don't need to be removed/changed in order to accommodate these people. Just don't go for them.

The point was that is *your* perspective on the point of trophies and neither poster said they felt forced to go for them, you were the once who presumed they felt forced.

Developers can and should do whatever they want with the requirements for trophies. It's their right. You don't get to define the point of trophies nor do you get to dictate what doesn't "need" to changed about them. 

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The point was that is *your* perspective on the point of trophies and neither poster said they felt forced to go for them, you were the once who presumed they felt forced.

Developers can and should do whatever they want with the requirements for trophies. It's their right. You don't get to define the point of trophies nor do you get to dictate what doesn't "need" to changed about them. 

Doesn't feel forced to go for trophies? That 93% completion tells a different story. :giggle: 

I don't have the right to tell a developer how to make a trophy list any more than you do. That doesn't mean I can't protest when the trophy system is made a mockery of like this. I'm just thankful most developers actually try to make a challenging/fun list. Trophy hunting would be so boring if you guys had your way. :P

I kinda wonder what's stopping people from buying one trophy, turning the system off before it autosaves, and then buy the rest of them that way?

If you're stupid enough to create an exploit for people, don't expect people not to abuse said exploit, lol.