FREE TO PLAY Games !

mojtaba333

If your after platinums... then no Free 2 play is not the way to go. But for fun and just a casual experience of gaming feels like, yes. Go for them.

I get the impression that most free-to-play games have some combination of: very difficult list, no platinum, near-impossible to plat without spending real money, and glitches. You also have to deal with some shoddy PC ports that have interface/control issues. By all means, if you find one you like, take the plunge, but I wouldn't expect to just feast on them wholesale.

If you want cheap & easy platinum trophies, I would look at PS+ instead. A number of the included games have had some of the shortest and easiest lists on PS4.

Edited by rdhight
  • Like 1

Most of them are very fun ... at first.

At first you have the same options as anyone, every upgrade is fun and wow.

But eventually, they become a grind, take forever.

I don't do micro transactions, because I find it a bit of a waste.

So every free to play game becomes (for me) a grind or nearly impossible to level.

It depends whether it's coop like Warframe, enemies remain the same or like Battle Islands (PvP)

I often play them like for a few weeks, every day, mostly because some of bonusses for every day you log in, but after a month, they are forgotten.

And the few trophies I achieved become hidden on my profile :P

If you worry about trophies and completion rates, then F2P will not be your cup of tea.

If you don't care and are simply looking for something else to play without paying, then by all means there is literally no argument to be made.

Warframe I feel is a good game. It let you balance your gunplay and melee combat and gives various traversal options. People complain about microtransactions but seriously, you get Rhino parts on Venus early on and Iron Skin pretty much makes any difficulty basic.

I enjoy Smite because while I enjoy MOBAs I cannot deal with the Warcraft 3 top down view that DotA 2 and League of Legends have. The 3rd person camera makes me feel much more at home and the game does make me want to try different characters regularly. There's a lot of satisfaction during your first good play with a new character. Got a PSN message for godlike Geb support once, which is always nice.

Let It Die is neat I guess, but early on feels hard from a lack of shop wares and low durability on pretty much everything you pick up. More for the Dark Souls fans I feel.

Trove is like a Minecraft version of Borderlands, but in all honesty with a million confusing menus. So much polish required.

And the last game I can give feedback on is Planetside 2. You know, for those times I'm a little too happy and need to balance it out with self-destruction.

Also, stop hating on F2P so much people. Nothing wrong with them. Next thing you know, you'll complain about how I sometimes buy games from the google play store. -_-

• Like 1

On 25. 2. 2017 at 5:01 AM, predator086siren said:

World of tanks 

Great game, the platinum took me forever, without paying anyting

And its not pay to win

People here should try it 

Check this review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMqA9ROZ2GM

I played it on pc, ended on tier 8 or smth like that and that game is just not good on ps4 or xbox. And i must say i'm impressed that you got platinum without buying premium account or anything, because on higher tiers you will start lossing A LOT of coins (repairing tanks, repair tools in battle). Its almost impossible to get platinum without putting a real money into it. And as i said its not good on consoles, if you want this game play it on pc, i wouldn't recomend this on consoles...

Edited by Xgamersurvivor

21 hours ago, Xgamersurvivor said:

I played it on pc, ended on tier 8 or smth like that and that game is just not good on ps4 or xbox. And i must say i'm impressed that you got platinum without buying premium account or anything, because on higher tiers you will start lossing A LOT of coins (repairing tanks, repair tools in battle). Its almost impossible to get platinum without putting a real money into it. And as i said its not good on consoles, if you want this game play it on pc, i wouldn't recomend this on consoles...

Its more simple on console but that does not make it a bad game, and i love the game so i cant complain, the console version has been constantly receiving more maps, more tanks, and in some updates better graphics, and you can even win premium tanks on special dates.

On 25.2.2017 at 0:07 AM, Styx2319 said:

Warframe doesn't have any trophy that requires microtransactions. You can also get the platinum (premium currency) in the secondary market by trading with other players. I haven't spent a dime on the game, and nothing you can get through microtransactions boosts anyone enough to make it "pay-to-win"

^Exactly. I have 100% on this game and more than 350h in,so if you like it give it a go.

Only thing is here in germany for example i can t seem to find it "free to play" like download it without charge..it s allways tied to a budle whith some boosters for like 2 or 3 euros :D Don t know about other countrys though :)

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2017 at 3:45 PM, mojtaba333 said:

so at the time of this post there is 41 free to play game for ps4

is it a good idea to download them just to get the platinums

or it's BAD idea

share your opinion and experience :) 

I've enjoyed Clicker Heroes (although I'm bored of it now) and look forward to the RTK F2P that's on the horizon. But generally, I shy from them, because they require a large time investment, but rarely offer enough gameplay to justify it.

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I thought Kitten Squad was hilarious and it won't cost you anything.

I forgot about this one. I enjoyed that game quite a bit as a mediocre dual-stick shooter.

On 3/5/2017 at 1:25 PM, antidark777 said:

A Kings Tale: Final Fantasy XV is free now for ps4 too, fyi

Yeah, but that game sucks. I feel sorry for the poor schmoes who bought FFXV on day 1 for this slop. Some of the worst control in an arcade-style game I've played.

Ugh - I only just noticed that this thread was started back in February, and probably no one cares anymore. You really are horrible, Billy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I forgot about this one. I enjoyed that game quite a bit as a mediocre dual-stick shooter.

Yeah, not having to pay for it improved the experience, I'd rate it 'so bad it's good' and it helps that you can get through the trophies long before finishing the actual game. The handling of the moral is a bit heavy handed but then again it's a moral that deserves to be heard.

Adding:

World Of Tanks: 100%ed the main game on X360, wouldn't play through it again but me getting so far even though I usually loathe multiplayer only games is saying something.

The Playroom VR: it's all great fun and it proves how cool multiplayer with VR can be.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently making my way through Neverwinter and having a blast. As somebody mentioned earlier, there are microtransactions but they are mostly for cosmetic purposes. I've played 70+ hours now and haven't payed a single cent. I also recently downloaded skyforge. It wasn't for me but some of my friends are still playing it and seem to enjoy it.

• Like 1