(Solved) Overpowered Spicy Chain

Dav9834

I don't know what to do besides start another new game+ at this point..... orz

I'm maxed out so that I have nothing to kill even on unknown difficulty. 

Who would think being overpowered would give me so much trouble I'm pulling my hair out! Aghafh

Is there anything I'm missing? I never get a chance to activate the mystic art because once I do the last link art with milla + luger it dies... 

Using https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/672891-tales-of-xillia-2/faqs/70139?page=2

I got it! 

I used this method! 

For some reason I thought I had to be in overlimit for all the beginning arts. Nope. 

Some tips for people that stumble upon this. (what I did) 

-Use Leia as the minimum dmg link for the first 8 arts by jude. (even though she won't be attacking, so it probably doesn't matter, but it's who I used) 

-Make sure everyone is on manual. 

-Have gaius skill that you can't be knocked down on jude. 

-Do NOT kill off the little enemies ahead of time. 

-Every art by Jude has to hit the wyvern(I backed it into a corner with other enemies to keep it still). 

-Watch the combo number, 12 is when you know you did it right and then can switch the link to milla for the 9th art, then activate overlimit, and use the linked mystic art. 

-The mystic art killed the little enemy instead, but it still counts! 

I got it every other battle. Then it became muscle memory and easy. 

So happy I don't have to do another new game+

Edited by Dav9834

Ya but for spicy chain (9+ art links in overlink + mystic art) you have to kill with the mystic art, so 2 characters have to have it off (2 because the min dmg skill is shared when linked). 

If I have it on all 4 characters I can't kill the higher hp enemies, and the lower hp enemies die anyway from fire before I get to the mystic art. :(

I mean it's going to be a lot more effort than it needs to be, but you only need to do it like 10 times right? Have the two characters that don't have the skill active be linked together and drop them to as low as you can, even if it's half health it's something. Then from there you could auto battle and AFK for a bit until the enemy is at the amount of HP you need it to be, probably 25 and pray you get the combo requirements in. 

No other solution I'm afraid

Ya I thought of that but the fire just kills :facepalm:

A speedrun may be faster.

Unless there's something I'm missing that can reduce my dmg output besides min dmg skill. It's been a while since I decided to finish the game up. I should have done the battle trophies before reaching lvl 200 :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Ratchet2425 said:

@Dav9834 Try this method, it's what I used to get those titles: 

Ya I used that to understand how to do it. 

Edit: Actually that's the exact arts I was using too, I clearly used the video over the gamefaqs. You know my memory haha.

But once I switch to ludger it dies before I get the mystic art off

Were you max lvl? 

Edited by Dav9834

2 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Ya I used that to understand how to do it. 

Were you max lvl? 

I was around level 170 or so, not max level but fairly high leveled. Have you tried equiping weaker equipment or increasing the difficulty? Maybe you could try it on a boss in the coliseum or something if those dragons won't last long enough (the linked mystic should be way more than enough to take one of those bosses out)

Just now, Ratchet2425 said:

I was around level 170 or so, not max level but fairly high leveled. Have you tried equiping weaker equipment or increasing the difficulty? Maybe you could try it on a boss in the coliseum or something if those dragons won't last long enough (the linked mystic should be way more than enough to take one of those bosses out)

Yup unknown difficulty, weakest weapons. 

I did try the coliseum, it probably would have worked on the 240k boss near the end, but it was taking forever to get there and I got frustrated. So. Many. Bosses. Even if they do go down in a few arts

4 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Yup unknown difficulty, weakest weapons. 

I did try the coliseum, it probably would have worked on the 240k boss near the end, but it was taking forever to get there and I got frustrated. So. Many. Bosses. Even if they do go down in a few arts

Perhaps when you're linked to Ludger doing the last linked arte, switch off to one of the other characters while you're hitting it (so the hits count as minimum damage), then quickly link with Ludger again and do the Linked Mystic? Other than trying the Coliseum again I can't think of any other way to do it, unless you want to try it out on a shadow boss or an EX monster.

6 minutes ago, Ratchet2425 said:

Perhaps when you're linked to Ludger doing the last linked arte, switch off to one of the other characters while you're hitting it (so the hits count as minimum damage), then quickly link with Ludger again and do the Linked Mystic? Other than trying the Coliseum again I can't think of any other way to do it, unless you want to try it out on a shadow boss or an EX monster.

:hmm: I'm out of ex monsters, but if I'm fast enough maybe, just maybe I can get the mystic off

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I think you can set the 1 damage skill on all of the party including yourself except on one character, but set them to manual. When your combo is high enough, link with them and use the mystic arte. I hope that makes sense.

Unfortunately the min dmg skill is shared when linked :( I don't know why they did that. Then again how many people have my problem lol

Crap I used my 2,222nd post agh I was saving that. 

Edited by Dav9834

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Ah, I see. I could have sworn I did something like that when I was going for it, but I guess not.

Ya I originally had it that way but it wasn't dieing and I was wondering why lol then I figured it out with a facepalm 

I got it! 

I used this method! 

For some reason I thought I had to be in overlimit for all the beginning arts. Nope. 

Some tips for people that stumble upon this. (what I did) 

-Use Leia as the minimum dmg link for the first 8 arts by jude. (even though she won't be attacking, so it probably doesn't matter, but it's who I used) 

-Make sure everyone is on manual. 

-Have gaius skill that you can't be knocked down on jude. 

-Do NOT kill off the little enemies ahead of time. 

-Every art by Jude has to hit the wyvern(I backed it into a corner with other enemies to keep it still). 

-Watch the combo number, 12 is when you know you did it right and then can switch the link to milla for the 9th art, then activate overlimit, and use the linked mystic art. 

-The mystic art killed the little enemy instead, but it still counts! 

I got it every other battle. Then it became muscle memory and easy. 

So happy I don't have to do another new game+

• Like 1