Do i need to play this?

kusuriuriPT

1 minute ago, Sigma999 said:

If you saw the anime , that is essential a resume of the main route to the true ending of the Steins;Gate Visual Novel so if you don't want to bother play the original game then you can skip it and go straight for Steins;Gate 0 .

True ending? so the ending of the anime its not the real one? i still havent seen the movie etc

Well i want to play it but since i have the second one..just wanting to know if i would be missing something

Yes, without a doubt you should play Steins;Gate first if you can. The anime is great, but it skips over a lot of content as you can imagine. The different endings in particular add a lot to the experience. There's also a really creepy scene with Nae that doesn't show up in the anime I believe. God, that was terrifying. :P

While you could technically skip the game since you know the bare minimum, the game is fantastic, so there's no real reason not to play it.

• Like 1

You don't really need to play S;G if you have already seen the anime. The anime adapted the True Ending route already of the first game and S;G 0 is a what-if scenario

of what if Okarin didn't decided to save Kurisu

I highly recommend playing the first game though - it give you an option to choose other endings (Bad or Good).

There are a few different endings but generally it's the same. You won't be missing out on anything and if you don't have the time, I wouldn't bother. The VN is much better, sure, but in the end all you would do is pay money for something you've already seen. Like a remaster. If that's worth it to you, go ahead.  

26 minutes ago, DennisWilles said:

There are a few different endings but generally it's the same. You won't be missing out on anything and if you don't have the time, I wouldn't bother. The VN is much better, sure, but in the end all you would do is pay money for something you've already seen. Like a remaster. If that's worth it to you, go ahead.  

But there's plenty of content he/she hasn't seen that's in the VN. Even if that's just extra dialogue and scenes, it all adds up. It's quite a different experience from the anime. Less of a remaster and more of a extended edition.

• Like 1

While Steins;Gate anime is probably the best adaptation there is. VNs goes much deeper into the world.

So the actual answer is no. You don't need to play it.

However, you should play it because it has an epic guide here :awesome::awesome::awesome: VN is incredible. And despite all the efforts (that really weren't in vain. As I said, S;G is probably the best anime adaptation there is), you can't fit everything from 30 hours VN into 2 cour anime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yes, without a doubt you should play Steins;Gate first if you can. The anime is great, but it skips over a lot of content as you can imagine. The different endings in particular add a lot to the experience. There's also a really creepy scene with Nae that doesn't show up in the anime I believe. God, that was terrifying. :P

While you could technically skip the game since you know the bare minimum, the game is fantastic, so there's no real reason not to play it.

That creepy scene with Nae missing from the anime made me rage that they left it out and also the change in certain scenes like that important scene with Mr.Braun and Moeka if you know what i mean :eyebrow:

2 hours ago, kusuriuriPT said:

True ending? so the ending of the anime its not the real one? i still havent seen the movie etc

Well i want to play it but since i have the second one..just wanting to know if i would be missing something

The anime follows the route that leads to the treu ending of the VN however the follow-up S;G 0 isn't directly after that true ending cause it closes the narrative . They had to release an OVA , Missing Link , to feature the alternate true ending that leads to S;G 0 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sigma999 said:

That creepy scene with Nae missing from the anime made me rage that they left it out and also the change in certain scenes like that important scene with Mr.Braun and Moeka if you know what i mean :eyebrow:

Yeah, that was an odd thing to leave out. I would have loved to seen how that looked in anime form. It would probably be even more terrifying... :blink: I was quite shocked when I played the VN for the fist time. I can't say I do know what scene you're referencing. Damn, I clearly don't know as much about Steins;Gate as I thought I did. :P

The VN goes a bit deeper into the story than the anime and has a lot of the terms and definitions that help you understand the story better as well. It also has multiple endings in addition to the true ending shown in the anime as alternative scenarios.

Plus the platinum is pretty easy if you care about that.

19 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

But there's plenty of content he/she hasn't seen that's in the VN. Even if that's just extra dialogue and scenes, it all adds up. It's quite a different experience from the anime. Less of a remaster and more of a extended edition.

Same difference. Would you buy an extended edition if you have already played the normal thing? If so, that's good for you! But personally I think that's a waste of money. While there is new content, most of it will be repetitive and dull. There is no gameplay in a VN so to me it has absolutely no replay value.

To each their own, though. I just want OP to know that it will be 90% the same content. It's certainly fantastic content but not everyone enjoys rewatching a movie they've already seen. 

On 28/2/2017 at 6:19 PM, Sigma999 said:

I prefer a single good experience at my own pace than a bunch of rushed and not so enjoyable ones in order to kill time to keep reading more VN :lol: That's just my Modus Operandi :popcorn:

Just started it. wish me luck :)

Looks like we play very similar games.

Edited by Yavieh

32 minutes ago, Yavieh said:

Just started it. wish me luck :)

Looks like we play very similar games.

Have fun and good luck :D

It seems we play a bunch of the same kind of games . I want to play Root Letter that you recently platted , how was it overall ?

34 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Have fun and good luck :D

It seems we play a bunch of the same kind of games . I want to play Root Letter that you recently platted , how was it overall ?

I really like it they could have improved a couple things but i would rate it 7/10. My game got corrupted and I had to take some extra time playing it though...