DLC is Obligatory? Stupid

linkdevivo

So I bought the Ezio collection a couple of days ago, it's the second time i've played this game. There was never a sequence 12 or 13 in this game and now there is. I did a little digging and it turns out this is dlc that wasnt in the original game at launch. Is there any way i can skip it? dont want to play half assed dlc to finish the original story, plus its long. its pretty stupid that now this is obligatory.

• Like 2

I got the DLC immediately upon getting ACII so I never knew the game without it. I liked sequence 12 but hated sequence 13 because it jumped so far ahead in time with little explanation, then I found out that there was a DS game that took place between those sequences! The Animus in ACII was pretty damn crappy! I agree that the Bonfire of the Vanities dragged on but it didn't spoil my overall enjoyment of what I still consider to be the best AC game and one of my Top 10 PS3 games.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AssassinGamer32 said:

Are the sequences hard or is it just dragged on storyline that doesn't fit in with the base game?

They're not hard, they're just very long and boring extra missions that aren't apart of the main game. Shitty how the game forces them on you. Those 2 Sequences were by far the worst for me personally.

• Like 1

the bonfire one just isn't any fun. it's just kill 9 random guys because you have to. and you're notorious the whole time which is so frustrating, then you have to escape every single time after killing a guy which sucks because there's like 20 times more guards around. not difficult just tedious and not fun at all. feels like work, not play

• Like 3

1 minute ago, linkdevivo said:

the bonfire one just isn't any fun. it's just kill 9 random guys because you have to. and you're notorious the whole time which is so frustrating, then you have to escape every single time after killing a guy which sucks because there's like 20 times more guards around. not difficult just tedious and not fun at all. feels like work, not play

That basically summed up the entire series.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Kingdom Keeper said:

Speaking as someone who's completed all of the Ezio games in single player, are a few extra missions really that bad? I played the second game a few years after it came out, so I never knew this game without those chapters. And yes, they're very forced and tacked on. But I'm not gonna complain. Because there's no synchronization requirements. At all. Personally, I'm willing to forgive every sin this game has just because it was before Ubisoft came up with sync requirements. Even the feathers. Ugh.

If you didn't mind the unnecessary extra levels that's fine. You can't deny it was a bit unfair to throw them at us at the last second though, especially for fast runners who were aiming for Top 50. It was kinda annoying... 

3 hours ago, ddracarys said:

If you didn't mind the unnecessary extra levels that's fine. You can't deny it was a bit unfair to throw them at us at the last second though, especially for fast runners who were aiming for Top 50. It was kinda annoying... 

Annoying? Sure. Actually worth complaining about? Hardly. This DLC was planned along with the game itself. It's tacked on, yes. But not in a way that feels like they came up with it a few weeks after they shipped the game. It is part of the full experience of the game.

To be honest though this happens often with GOTY remasters when DLC content is woven into the main game. Can't play the PS4 version of Batman: Arkham City without doing the Catwoman levels...

Personally even though I didn't like the DLC for AC II that much (as others I was not amused by the one in Florence with just a bunch of people to kill), I still think that an "Ezio Collection" remaster would not have been complete without it.

• Like 3

I got the game with the dlcs, wasn't aware of the fact that there were dlcs until after playing through. I have to say, the Bonfires chapter felt very out of place and didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the game. It was also quite long and tedious. Was the only part of the game that I didnt enjoy.

It would be nice to be able to choose to not play it.

Edited by nenugalimas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CuteBoringLove said:

I actually paid for this when I played it on PS3 :'(

Same here on X360, happy that it was included in the PS4 version (I bough the DLC for all three games on X360). I thought I liked S13 more back then than I did this time around though.

2 hours ago, mekktor said:

Missing the point completely...

Nobody is complaining that it's included with the game.

I think you haven't read the OP because complaining that it's included in the game is how this entire thread started.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I think you haven't read the OP because complaining that it's included in the game is how this entire thread started.

Look at the title of the thread. Read the OP or any of the complaints in the thread. Nobody has complained that the DLC was included with the game.

There is a difference between "included" and "included as a compulsory distraction before the final sequence".

• Like 2