There's so much Plot in this game.

Kizer26

I watched SAO, as well as SAO 2, and I'm a fan of the series. The show had a lot of flaws, from horrible pacing to worse characters at times. I was never a fan of how every girl wanted to get with Kirito, and how every guy wanted to be Kirito (either for his skill in combat or with ladies), but I gave it all a pass because I liked the premise.

It seems that about 80% or more of this game is meant to be a fan service towards people wishing to be in Kirito's shoes, but it's just too much at points.
I'm not going to ruin this incredible plot for anyone, but I just got to a point in the game where there are two women in Kirito's room wearing only underwear, and I can't help but think the game would have gained something from toning this all back a bit. There was a previous scene where... (and I use the spoiler loosely here)

Spoiler

Klein and Kirito go out on a treasure hunting quest and come back with a pervy magazine as loot, which is full of women in underwear that only Klein can see because it's aged-gated and Kirito is too young. A funny fact, but strange since Kirito isn't age-gated from seeing "in person" women in underwear.

That scene was hilarious to me. It was as probable as two women changing in Kirito's room, but the humor made the scene a personal favorite of mine from this game. The scene in Kirito's room just seems so forced,it's practically cringey and it's dragging down a game I've honestly been enjoying. 

I am curious to what other people have thought about this . . . Plot.

I remember watching DBZ back when it was first airing on Cartoon Network, hell I even watched up until GT started. It had it's fa services to a point, but way too much of SAO:LS is about the misadventures of Kirito being surrounded by unruly women :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Not always plot sells.
I mean, I bought ESTIVAL VERSUS long after its release. I knew that it was going to be plot plot plot and more plot, so I waited.
But then I found a really good and emotional story. That was a nice surprise because... I didn't expected that.

But with SAO:
yeah, sexual puns and fanservice are always on top. But I would say that SAO games has more filling content than fanservice and that's... boring.

Now I'm playing Hollow Realization and when I see an event with some character is like "*sigh* better grab a coffee with this or I'll fall asleep."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2017-2-25 at 5:30 PM, Kizer26 said:

I remember watching DBZ back when it was first airing on Cartoon Network, hell I even watched up until GT started. It had it's fa services to a point, but way too much of SAO:LS is about the misadventures of Kirito being surrounded by unruly women :lol:

the things you are talking about are things that happen in side story's and random events only. non of those things are from the main story.  main story actually being decent.   but i do agree that they overdid the fan service.   "the anime was horrible with timeskips lmao  didn't even bother with it. rather read the manga without timeskips"

13 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You mean LN, right?

SAO has a manga release now to. not just light novels.  and i have both. but in this case no. i did not mean LN because in comparison mangas are closer to anime then LN "more pictures ^^"  . note im not a anime fan or manga fan im not a otaku of any kind either. just to get that out of the way beforhand..

Edited by DivineFoxy

1 hour ago, DivineFoxy said:

SAO has a manga release now to. not just light novels.  and i have both. but in this case no. i did not mean LN because in comparison mangas are closer to anime then LN "more pictures ^^"  . note im not a anime fan or manga fan im not a otaku of any kind either. just to get that out of the way beforhand..

Ah, okay. 

Since you were talking about no timeskips, I presumed you meant the actual original source :)