PS3 avatars and themes

Wikkibur

1 minute ago, renatabls said:

Just go to the PC store (https://store.playstation.com/) and you can buy anything that's available on the PS Store no matter to which system it's supposed to be used in.

This is true but if the avatar is exclusive to PS3 you need to download it to the console first in order to be used on your PS4. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

This is true but if the avatar is exclusive to PS3 you need to download it to the console first in order to be used on your PS4. 

Usually I get PS3 Exclusive avatars automatically downloaded to my PS4 without ever turning on my PS3. 

Might be a region thing. Just some info.

44 minutes ago, Artful said:

Usually I get PS3 Exclusive avatars automatically downloaded to my PS4 without ever turning on my PS3. 

Might be a region thing. Just some info.

it didn't work for me. Last month I purchased a PS3 avatar (A very old Resident Evil one that is not available to buy on PS4) I bought it from the PS store website and it was not registered on my PS4 by just buying it. I had to turn my PS3 and download it there for it to show on my PS4. I had tried this a few times.

Might be a region thing as you said. Maybe someone else can comment on this to clear some doubts. 

Edited by Aexuz

7 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

it didn't work for me. Last month I purchased a PS3 avatar (A very old Resident Evil one that is not available to buy on PS4) I bought it from the PS store website and it was not registered on my PS4 by just buying it. I had to turn my PS3 and download it there for it to show on my PS4. I had tried this a few times.

Might be a region thing as you said. Maybe someone else can comment on this to clear some doubts. 

Mine ended up on the 'Premium Avatars' on my PS4, without me ever turning on my PS3. 

It didn't even download on the website on the Official PlayStation store.

But like I said could be a region thing, or it could be that it was both PS3 and PS4 without me ever seeing it. (I download stuff randomly while drunk).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Can I use a ps4 avatar on my ps3 even though I don't own a ps4? 

I don't think so, I think you can only use PS4/PS3 Avatar cross-overs only on the PS4, I might be wrong though.

If anyone can comment on this it would be helpful, Thank you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Can I use a ps4 avatar on my ps3 even though I don't own a ps4? 

Yes but you would you need to use the PS App in order to switch to the PS4 avatar as those don't show up on the PS3 download list.

Most PS3 avatars can be perfectly be use on the PS4 without owning a PS3. However for some reason a couple of Capcom PS3 avatars don't show up on the PS4 & PS App so you will need to own a PS3 in order to use them. I remember losing access to a lot of PS3 avatars made by Capcom on the PS4 for a couple of months, thankfully Sony fixed the issue.