Trophy Requirements (Spoilers)

Dwightsarmy14

Since the trophy requirements are so vague, can we try to help each other out? Im going to post all the trophies I have and what requirements are needed. If you know what a requirement is for a trophy please post below. Trophy name is bold, description italics. If I know how to get it my description will be in regular text. If I didn't get it but Im pretty sure I know how to: in (...)

Welcome Back!

Well, that could have gone better. Also, a lot worse.

Complete part 1

What???

Huh. Ok then. Hm.

complete part 2

The End

Oh no. Oh no no no no.

Complete part 3

Changing Of The Seasons

Shorter Days, Longer Nights

Complete part 4

Echoes

Ghosts!

No idea

Best Available Friend

Proximity counts.

(Complete 2? optional missions with Bea in part 2, and then a third in part 3?)

Let’sBeLegends

Long after we’re gone the kids will still talk about it.

I completed the optional missions: Crimes, and Mechanics with Max in part 2. In part 3 I went to the camp with angus and the next day we went out for donuts, afterwards I got this trophy.

He’s from somewhere.

And it’s here. And there’s a trampoline!

No idea, has something to do with Grem (Gem?), maybe if you hang out with him in part 2? He is hiding on one of the roofs I think.

Horrorshow

“Everything Sucks Forever” says 15 year old horror aficionado and train tracks lurker Lori M.

No idea. You have to talk to Lori M at some point but I don't know where, or who she is.

Mother Of Vermin

Feed them once and they’re yours.

You can access the windows to one of the buildings using the power lines. If you open it, you go inside and can find some rats inside of a old parade float thingy. You then need to steal a pretzel from the food stand underground and feed it to the rats.

Miracle Rats

Hope springs, rats multiply.

(I assume that later in the game you need to visit the rats again)

Dusk Stargazer

That sounds like someone’s name if they could name themselves at age 10.

No Idea 

~*~Demonpower~*~

!!!You have ascended the Demon’s Tower!!!

(Beat Demontower, the Game on your PC)

Palecat

Stop the bleeding.

No idea

At The End Of Everything

Well, that was weird.

No idea

Hold Onto Anything

Again, that was weird.

No Idea. Seems to have something to do with the previous trophy based on the description 

Make It Last

as long as it will.

No idea, Might have something to do with the last two trophies

Thryy Wyrd Tyyns

Spooky magic or something. Who knows.

No idea

Bass Ackwards

It’s just four strings, how hard could it possibly be?

(seems to be for either missing every note in one of the songs [during band practice] or getting every note right?) 

Maestro

Four strings and the spite to use ‘em.

(Same as trophy above? The opposite, or for a second song)

Jenny’s Field

Everything feels bigger and smaller.

No idea

The Tooth

No Bobs, No Masters

Get your dad to move the boxes out of the storage space (I talked to him every night and watched TV with him, this might be a part of it), after he does so go in, find the safe and then leave. In the hallway look at the book shelf and you will find the combination. Go open the safe. In the epilogue after you leave your house talk to your dad and you should get the trophy. 

RABIES!

ALL HAIL RABIES.

No idea

Crusty

Those had someone else’s mouth germs on them!

(Eat Bea's Crust in the pizza restaurant towards the end of part 1)

You killed that poor roach.

That was evidence. Probably. Geez.

(After getting pizza you find an arm and get to poke it with a stick. There is a roach running around near the arm, just kill it with the stick. I think you keep poking the arm until you roll up the sleeve, so if you don't do that you should have infinite time?)

Accidentally Good Dinner

Let’s not pretend it was skill.

(When you go shopping with Bea pick out the right combinations of food to make a good dinner, have no idea what the combination is)

Knife Fight

Slasher, stabber, all around knifer.

No idea

Brainshot!

A killer’s eye.

No idea

Deep Hollow Hollerers

Music fills empty spaces.

No idea, probably during one of the dream sequences but Im not sure.

Poets of Possum Springs

A blueness, a youness, a dankness, a thankness.

When you are leaving the library, stay and listen to the poems, I also talked to Selmers every day and listened to her poems, I don't know if that is required though.

Seriously?

All sketches? We made the game and have never gotten this. Wow.

(At the end of the game it shows you your sketch book, I had five blank pages. I have no idea what actions are required to get a sketch)

Edited by Dwightsarmy14
  • Like 3

A walkthrough I came across on steam for the walkthrough for the computer game.

From what I see on Steam, this is apparently what you do.

please ignore the black text background.. literally copying and pasting.

Miracle Rats

Feed the rats one pretzel from the Perogi stand (inside the mascot in one of the buildings; you can enter from a half-open window)

Mother of Vermin
Same as above, just feed them over the course of three days and they leave the nest to cause a major rat problem

Thryy Wyrd Tynns

Talk to some weird teens hanging out by the cliff past the church during Halloween. They give you a side quest to find 3 pentagrams. One is if you go to the out of town party with Bea and talk to the bomb shell girl in the back of the room, the second is in the tall building near the Snack Falcon with the secret stage, in the back of thr room. Third is at the very end when walking through the water.

Deep Hollow

Get the two lonely musicians together and then check the poster left of the stage in the abandoned building you enter from the roof.

Jenny's field

Talking to your mother at church on a specific day will lead to this cutscene.

Brain shot

Shoot the target in the head when in the woods with Greg when you prioritize him over Bea.

Horrorshow

Talk to Lori on the rooftops every day and go to the train with him every time. The achievement pops after your last talk.

Best Available Friend

Hang out with Bea past her Proximity event

Poets of Possum

Talk to Selmers (the bear in the pink hoodie) and listen to her poems everyday. Then go to library at some point with Bea. After research, the poets of possum springs will read their poems at 1st floor of library. After you hear it, the achievement will unlock..

Dusk Stargazer

Look at stars with Mr. Chazokov. He will hang out on top of the poet's house on some days; just check every morning!

Rabies

Hang out with Germ under the bridge then come back and sit on the bridge for a while on the last day.

Maestro

Apparently you "only" need to play all three songs at an okay level so don't tear your hair out for this one!

Bass Ackwards

Apparently you just need to mess up on all of the songs in one playthrough.

I assume that there is some sort of New Game Plus with this? So anything we miss can be gotten again? Since the last trophy seems to be with filling up Mae's sketchbook completely, and it seems there can be missable sketches by the looks of it.  Especially if you advance the story without doing everything there is to do on that particular day.

1 hour ago, whyeven said:

However ive noticed that based one the events you do each day and how you perform on your songs you'll get different sketches so I think it might be over all playthroughs rather than just one.

And it looks like you get to pick between Gregg and Bea to hang out with after the second song.  I picked Bea and got a sketch after I hung out with her, so I imagine a sketch is also obtained if you pick Gregg to hang out with as well.  So it looks like two playthroughs minimum is needed for sure.

By the way, does anyone know if opening all three of those windmill things does anything? I have two of them opened, but the third on one of the rooftops I can't reach.  It's not on the diner, nor one when climbing up initially, it's the second one where you seem to have to make an impossible jump.  I mean the two I opened up, something did fly out of them, so I'm not sure if there's a sketch or a trophy tied to opening up all three.

Edit: Also the songs, the best I can do is "pretty good" so far according to Gregg (it's the fast tapping ones that mess me up).  But in Mae's sketchbook, the sketch is of her singing/playing well by the looks of it, so I assume if you get at least a "pretty good", that should suffice for the sketch.

Edited by DrakeHellsing

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

By the way, does anyone know if opening all three of those windmill things does anything? I have two of them opened, but the third on one of the rooftops I can't reach.  It's not on the diner, nor one when climbing up initially, it's the second one where you seem to have to make an impossible jump.  I mean the two I opened up, something did fly out of them, so I'm not sure if there's a sketch or a trophy tied to opening up all three.

I've tried triple jumping to it from Lori M''s roof and going from the cat roof to her roof but neither works, and someone told me that steam users had to get a patch for it so I don't think that one is accessible right now without some kind of patch to fix the bug, unless it might only be accessible on a specific day, which I'm checking for on my current play through.

1 hour ago, whyeven said:

I've tried triple jumping to it from Lori M''s roof and going from the cat roof to her roof but neither works, and someone told me that steam users had to get a patch for it so I don't think that one is accessible right now without some kind of patch to fix the bug, unless it might only be accessible on a specific day, which I'm checking for on my current play through.

Yeah, sure seems like it so far, I mean I was trying to jump from Lori's rooftop, but would fall a bit short or reaching it.

And the dinner with Bea, you can still ruin it... I just did, so will need another round to get it done.  And yet, I thought I did well... it was something about chicken and pork shouldn't go together.  Ah well, like I said, not fussed about trophies on my first go of the game xD

Guys I looked at some steam forums for the game and apparently a ton of our achievements are bugged, like you're supposed to get the blue donut for finishing the credits which no one has gotten on ps4, so has anyone downloaded a patch yet or know of the devs releasing one soon so we can actually get the plat?

14 hours ago, whyeven said:

Guys I looked at some steam forums for the game and apparently a ton of our achievements are bugged, like you're supposed to get the blue donut for finishing the credits which no one has gotten on ps4, so has anyone downloaded a patch yet or know of the devs releasing one soon so we can actually get the plat?

I think they tweeted that they were working on a fix for the steam achievements. I assume they would do the same for trophies but I have no idea

35 minutes ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

I couldn't find anything I thought for sure they tweeted something. I tried to tweet them yesterday but it seems like the only way to get a response is to tweet fan art at them

They've actually been pretty good at responding to me on twitter, but they are dodging the trophy question, yeah. I assume this means they're working on it but aren't sure of the fix yet.

In regards to trophy requirements:

Palecat

Get the true ending of the demon tower game (the bird like NPC that shows up from level 2 tells you witch skulls to activate in the final level)

At The End Of Everything

Complete the game (currently bugged)

Hold Onto Anything

Complete the game a second time (currently bugged)

Edited by AGknot182
  • Like 2

Fantastic

3 hours ago, AGknot182 said:

Just to share with everyone, I emailed the support address for the publisher asking about the bugged trophies and got the following response:

"Hi! It's on our radar, definitely going to address it in the next patch. Sorry for the trouble!"

Thanks for reaching out to them and finding out that something is being done about this.

Now does anybody have any ideas about that echoes trophy?

1 hour ago, Demoskinos said:

Weird question but sort of on topic.  Do I have to hit "clear save" in the options menu to start a new game?  I think i wanna wait for fix for the trophies but does drawings in the journal carry over somehow if you clear your save?  

Yes you do. The devs confirmed that the drawings do carry over multiple saves, but one of them is bugged so we have to wait for the patch before we can get the journal one

From the first time you see him you have to talk to the star teacher, and from there you should get 2 stars every day until you get the last star on the day after the elevator incident, I think by that extent there's I think 7 or 9 stars you have to find

Since 'Bass Ackwards' only has 23 achievers so far I thought i'd clear this one up for you guys because it's actually very easy. Just leave your controller untouched during all of the band practices to make sure you miss every single note. The trophy will pop straight after the last band practice.

8 hours ago, nickmesselaar said:

Since 'Bass Ackwards' only has 23 achievers so far I thought i'd clear this one up for you guys because it's actually very easy. Just leave your controller untouched during all of the band practices to make sure you miss every single note. The trophy will pop straight after the last band practice.

Not true, I didn't play the first song and then purposefully bombed the last two and still got it, so you just have to do really really awful

2 hours ago, whyeven said:

Not true, I didn't play the first song and then purposefully bombed the last two and still got it, so you just have to do really really awful

Ah, okay, so this can be done in multiple ways.

For 'Palecat' there will be a bird npc in levels 2 4 6 and 8 in the Demontower game, and in level 10 you have to activate 4 skulls in the order that the bird tells you, and if done correctly a chest will appear and a key will be inside, then head over to the cat that is bleeding and use the key to patch it up, this will cause the blood river on the floor to dissappear. the trophy will pop after you beat the game.

so trophies must be un-gltched now, so we may give it a new run

found completely all trophy reqs here: http://nightinthewoods.gamepedia.com/Achievements

also, pretty good guide on steam - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=872088054

Achievement Act 1 Complete.png Welcome Back!
Well, that could have gone better. Also, a lot worse.
Complete Act 1
Achievement Act 2 Complete.png What???
Huh. Ok then. Hm.
Complete Act 2
Achievement Act 3 Complete.png The End
Oh no. Oh no no no no.
Complete Act 3
Achievement Act 4 Complete.png Changing Of The Seasons
Shorter Days, Longer Nights
Complete Act 4
Achievement Astral Secrets.png Echoes
Ghosts!
Find all astral secrets – complete fourth dream sequence
Achievement Best Available Friend.png Best Available Friend
Proximity counts.
Complete Bea's fourth and final friendship quest
Achievement Let It Be A Legend.png Let’s Be Legends
Long after we’re gone the kids will still talk about it.
Complete Gregg's fourth and final friendship quest
Achievement Hes From Somewhere.png He’s from somewhere.
And it’s here. And there’s a trampoline!
Complete all Germ friendship quests
Achievement Horrorshow.png Horrorshow
“Everything Sucks Forever” says 15 year old horror aficionado and train tracks lurker Lori M.
Complete all Lori friendship quests
Achievement Mother Of Vermin.png Mother Of Vermin
Feed them once and they’re yours.
  • Wait until the light on the way to the church is fixed
  • Climb to the broken window and find the rats in the Mallard
  • Steal a pretzel from the Trolleyside News pretzel stand and feed it to the rats
Achievement Miracle Rats.png Miracle Rats
Hope springs, rats multiply.
Feed the rats 3 times total
Achievement Dusk Stargazer.png Dusk Stargazer
That sounds like someone’s name if they could name themselves at age 10.
Find all nine dusk stars with Mr. Chazokov
Achievement Demonpower.png ~*~Demonpower~*~
!!!You have ascended the Demon’s Tower!!!
Beat the Demontower game
Achievement Palecat.png Palecat
Stop the bleeding.
Beat the Demontower game and get the good ending
  • Look for the green bird with a red hat on the start of every other level (starting on level 2) and remember the patterns he tells you
  • Use the skull patterns on the last level to get the key
  • Use the key to stop the bleeding of the corpse
Achievement At The End Of Everything.png At The End Of Everything
Well, that was weird.
Beat the game
Achievement Hold Onto Anything.png Hold Onto Anything
Again, that was weird.
Beat the game twice and
  • Complete all Bea friendship quests
  • Complete all Gregg friendship quests
  • Complete all ghost hunt quests
Achievement Make It Last.png Make It Last
as long as it will.
(Unconfirmed)
Beat the game three times and
  • Complete all Bea friendship quests
  • Complete all Gregg friendship quests
  • Complete all Germ friendship quests
  • Complete all ghost hunt quests
  • Talk to the musicians after uniting them
  • Return granddad's tooth to Mae's dad
  • Find all nine dusk stars
  • Find three pentagrams
  • Feed the Mallard rats three times
  • Listen to Selmer's poetry three times
Achievement Thryy Wyrd Tyyns.png Thryy Wyrd Tyyns
Spooky magic or something. Who knows.
Talk to the teens on the cliff and find the three pentagrams
Achievement Bass Ackwards.png Bass Ackwards
It’s just four strings, how hard could it possibly be?
Get under 50% of the notes right in all three songs
Achievement Maestro.png Maestro
Four strings and the spite to use ‘em.
Get over 90% of the notes right in all three songs
Achievement Jennys Field.png Jenny’s Field
Everything feels bigger and smaller.
  • Talk with Mae's Mom everyday at the church
  • Go on the adventure to the field when she asks you to
Achievement Clock Quest.png The Tooth
No Bobs, No Masters
  • Go in the crawlspace under the stairs to Mae's bedroom
  • Talk with Mae's dad every night and watch TV with him until he agrees to move the boxes
  • Also inspect the bookshelf on the right side next to the bird every morning until you get a safe combination
  • Once the crawlspace is open, go inside and check the safe. You get a tooth here
  • Go to the library and inspect an article about the tooth
  • Talk to Mae's dad at the end of the game
Achievement RABIES!.png RABIES!
ALL HAIL RABIES.
At any point after meeting Rabies, head right from Mae's house to the bridge. Sit on the bridge for around 10 seconds and he should appear near Mae. Mae will start talking to him.
Achievement Crusty.png Crusty
Those had someone else’s mouth germs on them!
Eat both of Gregg's crusts while eating pizza after the first band practice
Achievement Kill Arm Cockroach.png You killed that poor roach.
That was evidence. Probably. Geez.
Kill the roach with the stick while looking at the arm
Achievement Bea FQ3 Recipe.png Accidentally Good Dinner
Let’s not pretend it was skill.
Buy any of the following food combinations on Bea's 3rd hangout:
  • Ground Beef (no bakey shakey) + Mac n’ Cheese + Succotash
  • Pork Chops (with Bakey Shakey) + Scalloped Potatoes + Green Beans
  • Chicken (no bakey shakey) + Cream of Chicken Soup + Biscuits
  • Fish (no bakey shakey) + Mac n’ Cheese + Creamed Spinach
Achievement Gregg FQ3 Win Knife Fight.png Knife Fight
Slasher, stabber, all around knifer.
Win the majority of the knife fights with Gregg
Achievement Gregg FQ3 Hit Monster in Head.png Brainshot!
A killer’s eye.
Shoot the beast during Gregg's third hangout
Achievement Finish Birdland Quest.png Deep Hollow Hollerers
Music fills empty spaces.
Talk to the musicians at the stage (accessible from the stairs in Gregg & Angus' apartment) after uniting them
Achievement Poets of Possum Springs.png Poets of Possum Springs
A blueness, a youness, a dankness, a thankness.
Listen to Selmer's poetry every day and then listen to her poem at the library with Bea
Achievement Seriously.png Seriously?
All sketches? We made the game and have never gotten this. Wow.
(Unconfirmed)
Collect all 99 different journal sketches. This requires multiple playthroughs.
Achievement Ride The Chariot.png Ride The Chariot
To Donut Hell
PS4 only
Platinum trophy: Unlock all other achievements
Edited by blakku_kitto
  • Like 3