Discussion Thread

HowieGaming

13 hours ago, SirEricLPer said:

As far as I know there are two trophies that are missable : The one were you have to gather all allies and the one for getting a certain amount of headshots on humans. The one with the headshots is also not really missable as you should get more than enough headshots on humans before you killed all of them :D. So no extremely missable trophies.

Guess there really is no answer for this question then. Everybody is saying different things. Guess it's a good thing I can't game for a while, at least by then PowerPyx should have his guide up.

39 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

Guess there really is no answer for this question then. Everybody is saying different things. Guess it's a good thing I can't game for a while, at least by then PowerPyx should have his guide up.

http://www.powerpyx.com/horizon-zero-dawn-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Here is that.

I had already started playing, for 2-3 hours and was choosing whatever dialogue choices I felt. Hopefully that doesn't screw me I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

http://www.powerpyx.com/horizon-zero-dawn-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Here is that.

I had already started playing, for 2-3 hours and was choosing whatever dialogue choices I felt. Hopefully that doesn't screw me I guess.

Ahh okay, that's good to see. Guess it's official then! Just follow what he says in his guide and you should be good. Good luck and enjoy the game!

On 2/28/2017 at 11:29 PM, DutchHawkHD said:

Doesn't look very challenging to me. There is a difficulty setting in the game, but not connected to any trophy. Another casual game i guess :rolleyes:

Yup, it's a pretty typical AAA game in that regard. I started on Hard, now I'm up to Very Hard and it's still too easy. I guess I'm just gonna have to stop using all damage reduction equipment and go pure stealth. :/

Well when playing the game, you feel like minutes have gone by, yet see that you've been playing in one sitting for 8+ hours. Currently level 39 with some shadow weapons and the weaver armor. I have only one story mission left till game is ended (Looming Shadow), so I'm finally doing the hunting grounds to make sure I get all allies trophies. I will say this: of all the machines I've fought in this game, Stormbird is the fucking worst!!! Fuck who ever decided to put that creature in the game. Loving the graphics and voice acting, and did not expect the story to end up this way. I especially like how they make the side quests feel like its own separate game, with plenty of hours per quest. Can I just say fuck the deathbringer? I'm still wondering how they managed to destroy a tallneck, and more so, how the rest of the U.S., much less the American continent, or the world as a whole looks. I wish someone would draw Lara and Aloy high fiving (with Nathan as a bonus?) :/ 

All in all, I've gone this far, and can't get any fox bones. Only gotten two fox skins :( I really with the devs implemented grappeling like in Uncharted 4 /Tomb Raider, but so far really liking the game. So hunting zones, then search for a behemoth (dunno where to find one), then final mission, then collectibles. Oh yeah, I don't really like RPGs, so you wouldn't catch me playing Witcher 3 or Mass Effect, but this game...it's different, same with FFXV. I love that I can fast travel from anywhere to anywhere, without going to a bonfire (TR), or using a car (FF), but I wish i could ride on the bird machines. After I plat this game, I'll probably clean up Rise of TR and Uncharted 4, but boy am I glad to not have to hear Prompto's bitching in this game. 

Edited by ArmoredSquirreXD

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/03/horizon_zero_dawn_has_been_a_huge_commercial_hit_for_sony

Horizon: Zero Dawn has sold 2.6 million units in the two weeks since its release. Those numbers represent copies of the game in consumers' hands, rather than shipped to stores. It makes the game Sony's best-selling new first-party IP of the generation and it's also Guerrilla Games' largest ever debut.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/03/guerrilla_already_hard_at_work_on_expansion_to_horizons_story

"We're thrilled that Horizon: Zero Dawn has been embraced by critics and players alike. Developing the game was a labour of love, so it's extremely satisfying to see that it elicits the same passion and enthusiasm from the gaming public that we felt during its development. This is only the beginning of Aloy's story and our exploration of the world of Horizon: Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story."

16je9m0.gif

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Splathew said:

I like the sound of that. AN expansion to the story. Maybe it will be in other parts of the world.

20 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I like the sound of that. AN expansion to the story. Maybe it will be in other parts of the world.

Yeah, would be nice to see Eurasia, Canada, Australia, etc. Would think there'd be other countries aside from U.S. to develop a last-ditch effort. Heck, this is in the mid 21st century when the Earth is overrun. I would think by then (at least in the game world), people would be working on terraforming Mars, and could've made efforts to evacuate civilians and essential workers to there. There's so much they could do...make a prequel, make sequel. Prequel could be effective, because I would think the first humans made under GAIA would know they're part of a simulation, or know about GAIA, but as centuries go by, the generations turn to their own thinking and disregard their deity, because of ignorance (kinda like the Biblical stories with Abraham). I haven't finished the game yet, since I'm getting the collectibles now, but just some thought. Wish there was grappeling though. 

So how did Bloodborne do its first week - month? Im even surprised Horizon Zero Dawn became Sony's top selling new ip this gen. Doing better than The Last Guardian and Bloodborne is interesting as hell. It had to have been the ridiculous amount of advertisement the game got.

On 3/11/2017 at 5:42 PM, DutchHawkHD said:

More like Horizon Zero Challenge :P:facepalm:

Yeah, maybe if you started on the default/normal setting... like a scrub. Not all games and developers vision the idea of making the base difficulty hard. Some do via the higher difficulty modes themselves. Most games are easy on default diff-mode :facepalm:

Edited by Mar

1 hour ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Yeah, would be nice to see Eurasia, Canada, Australia, etc. Would think there'd be other countries aside from U.S. to develop a last-ditch effort. Heck, this is in the mid 21st century when the Earth is overrun. I would think by then (at least in the game world), people would be working on terraforming Mars, and could've made efforts to evacuate civilians and essential workers to there. There's so much they could do...make a prequel, make sequel. Prequel could be effective, because I would think the first humans made under GAIA would know they're part of a simulation, or know about GAIA, but as centuries go by, the generations turn to their own thinking and disregard their deity, because of ignorance (kinda like the Biblical stories with Abraham). I haven't finished the game yet, since I'm getting the collectibles now, but just some thought. Wish there was grappeling though. 

Spoiler

I'm assuming that Project Zero Dawn is clearly is world-wide project. Even if Europe, Asia etc wouldn't agree, they'd be dead anyway so why shouldn't Gaia terraform and repopulate the whole world?

And about terraforming other planets, the story has hinted the existence of such a project, mostly in some files lying around here and there. Project Odyssey however crashed into an asteroid and thus the polulation of another planet didn't happen.

And about the extension of the story... will it be a bigger dlc or a second game? Both would be fine to me.

Spoiler

And the ending of the game clearly shows what we can expect in this extension: Sylens reactivating the Horus with Hades and bringing terror to the world again. And the answer to the question, who the fuck made that upload which activated Hades?!

Edited by ShadowStefan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mar said:

So how did Bloodborne do its first week - month? Im even surprised Horizon Zero Dawn became Sony's top selling new ip this gen. Doing better than The Last Guardian and Bloodborne is interesting as hell. It had to have been the ridiculous amount of advertisement the game got.

Yeah, maybe if you started on the default/normal setting... like a scrub. Not all games and developers vision the idea of making the base difficulty harder. Some do via the higher difficulty modes themselves. Most games are easy on default diff-mode :facepalm:

Won't lie, I did the normal mode. I can't imagine doing the hunting grounds on very hard, especially the thunderclaw/ravager trials 

I'm really enjoying the game, we're really spoiled this year, amazing games are releasing one after the other, and to me at least all were fantastic thus far. 

I came from automata, which was to me one of the best action rpgs in recent years to horizon. I actually did almost all the side quests and errand before going with main story after reaching makers end location. It was so fun going back and forth on the map, hunting machines and getting collectibles. 

The hunting grounds are also great, I hope after the story they make some heavy machines spawn at level 50, if not would be a good DLC in the future. 

Edited by Mah2c

On 3/22/2017 at 7:13 PM, Mah2c said:

I'm really enjoying the game, we're really spoiled this year, amazing games are releasing one after the other, and to me at least all were fantastic thus far. 

I came from automata, which was to me one of the best action rpgs in recent years to horizon. I actually did almost all the side quests and errand before going with main story after reaching makers end location. It was so fun going back and forth on the map, hunting machines and getting collectibles. 

The hunting grounds are also great, I hope after the story they make some heavy machines spawn at level 50, if not would be a good DLC in the future. 

Unfortunately, no level 50 enemies exist, but they wouldn't be that hard to deal with considering the sheild weaver armor

• Like 1

• 3 months later...